• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Women's World Cup Champs!

Tom

V.I.P Member
I rarely watch sports, but once in a while something draws me in. Following the USA's women's team in the World Cup has been fun and I get to see one of my favorite atheletes.

The Victors!

Carli Lloyd! Golden Ball winner (Tournament MVP). Her 3rd goal in the final against Japan was a beautiful thing... The 'Keep Calm' reference is because after the team was up 4-0 in the first 20 minutes they were 'uh... now what do we do?' and Team Captain Abby Wambach was running around yelling at everybody to 'STAY CALM!'. :D

Hope Solo. Golden Gloves winner (Tournament best Goalie). She is a beautiful thing.... :D

I saw it and it was awesome! Lloyd was out of this world. I'm glad Heath (who plays for my local team the Portland Thorns) got a score in as well. Felt bad for the Japanese team, especially their goalie.

Hopefully this brings in more interest, even if it's a little, in American soccer and more specifically into the womens league (which, FYI, airs their games on YouTube for free).

New Threads

Top Bottom