• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Without Aspergers we wouldnt have pokemon....

It's official then? I heard a while back Nintendo officials were denying it. They told one UK site to take that information down. :S

Anyways interesting article and who knew? There's already 500 Pokemon or so, and he keeps on making more.

What out Asperger's, Digimon and Monster Rancher (I forget the Japanese name) would have been the only "monster" like shows (besides the other ones that are out). I'm glad Pokemon is around, that's how I kind of got addicted to anime but not quite. ;)

Makes one wonder what other marvels a life of Aspergical awkwardness has brought about in the world, doesn’t it?

I've heard that too. It actually kinda makes a lot of sense but then again I love Anime of all sorts...but mostly things other than Pokemon.

I'm not well-versed in Pokemon, but I thought people here who are into it might enjoy this:

Gotta Compute ?Em All!?Wolfram|Alpha?s New Data about Pok?mon—Wolfram|Alpha Blog

I'm kind of amused by this since Wolfram Alpha is mostly a fairly serious math/science application (I really could have used it when I was in High School in the mostly pre-Google and Wikipedia mid/late 90s :( ).

For no particular reason, here's this as well:

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
See, these small things is what made the old Simpsons such a timeless classic :D

I remember when I got the first Pok?mon game (Red version) back in elementary school, and I heard a rumor about the creator being autistic. Of course I had no clue what that would even mean, so I didn't really care. Still it's quite fascinating, especially how the Nintendo execs describe him as eccentric and whatnot. They must really be understanding of his needs and everything in such a stressing work environment :)

New Threads

Top Bottom