• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wise quotes

Sipe

Civilization began its downhill path the day some guy first uttered the words, "A man´s gotta do what a man´s gotta do."

- George Carlin

I think I am, therefore I am. I think.

- René Descartes + George Carlin

I can't stand Rene Decartes and it annoys me every time someone quotes him because like <95% of the time they're misusing it and don't even know what it means.
I'd go on a rant about it but meh.
I like, 'thanks society, for railroading my ass' by Alieen Wuornos(famous female serial killer).
'Emor just do what feels good and give a damn later'- friend Beth.
'Surely we are the personas we create as much as what goes on with-in our minds?'- Wilson from House, paraphrased :D.
'There is no art, to find the mind's construction in the face' Duncan from Macbeth :D.
'I talk to God as much as I talk to Satan 'cause I want to hear both sides, does that make me cynical?'- Biffy Clyro.
'People like to attack and bash others to make them feel better and to know someone is worse than them. When they can't find anyone worse than them in real life they go online and bash random people they don't know. Tatsuhiro, just skip the ******** and admit that everyone is better than you.'- the talking kettle he hallucinated in Welcome to the NHK!(paraphrased).
'I know morals are all subjective ********... and I know I'll never know whether or not it is right or wrong... or if there even is right and wrong... and that ultimately none of it matters... but it matters to me.'- Sebatian Nero/Onision Support. It's the way he said the end bit tbh.
'Life's just a ****ing fashion contest.'- Dwayne from Little Miss Sunshine(LUL).
A lot of the things The Misanthropic ***** says, and a lot of the things The Amazing Atheist says.
Probably more but yeah (Y).
EMZ=]

I think I am, therefore I am. I think.

- René Descartes + George Carlin

You do understand that that is just a joke which George made? And just to let you know I do understand the meaning of "I think, therefore I am" quote.

What we think, we become

- Buddha

There are three kinds of people in this world: Good, Corrupted and the ones who don`t know which one they are.

- Sipe

New one:
'The chances of two gays having sex and making a baby are... negligible'- Manny Fandango(Christian fundamentalist[or satirical atheist]). Genius (Y).
EMZ=]

The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

--Frank Herbert

New one:
'The chances of two gays having sex and making a baby are... negligible'- Manny Fandango(Christian fundamentalist[or satirical atheist]). Genius (Y).
EMZ=]

@ Manny Fandango: No ****, Sherlock?

The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

--Frank Herbert

So true. I have tried to do that in my life every time I`m afraid of something.

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

- Socrates

Democracy passes into despotism

- Plato

... Screw Plato.

- Aristotle (Ok, I admit! I made this one.)

Tits always look better in a pink sweater.

- George Carlin

Discuss. What ya think?

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

Correct me if I`m wrong. The way I understood that is something like this: If you take your revenge on somebody by doing the same thing they did to you, there will never be peace.

Explain that, please.

New Threads

Top Bottom