• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Windows Virus Removal

SirMaverick

I DOUBT anyone is in my area, so this won't cost me any money, but I figure why not do a good deed?

There's always going to be computer viruses. There's just no escaping it. I myself have had some rather annoying ones, to some rather nasty ones.

However, they're easier to get rid of than you think, and you don't need to spend a PENNY to get rid of them.

IF you got a virus the best thing you can do if you got windows is reboot in safe mode with networking.

Don't know how to get there? Piece of cake! See that lovely F8 key? (made you look didn't I? :D ) hit that repeatedly the second your computer starts to reboot. you should see a text menu come up with a list of boot options. you want Safe Mode With Networking. this loads only the basics that are needed to run windows and get you online.

Open your browser to google and search for "RKill Download." you'll see the 1st result is "RKill Download - Bleeping Computer", click that. once on the next screen, click the image that says "Download Now @ BleepingComputer" Your download should start automatically. This is a very simple and small program that is designed to "kill" or "terminate" any malicious software that may be running in the background. I strongly advice you move that to your desktop so you can find it easily. There's nothing to install with this beauty.

Next, you need to get Malware Bytes (this is also free). Their site is malwarebytes.org. Once there, click "Free Download", then on the next screen click "Download Now." Once that's done downloading, install MalwareBytes and then update it when it's done installing (it'l give you a prompt for that).

Once you got all that taken care of, run rkill. Once that's done, run malware bytes, and do a full scan.

That should get rid of any virus you have. I've used this method for SEVERAL years and it hasn't let me down once :)

New Threads

Top Bottom