• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Will you be continuing to watch the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies/shows in 2020 onward?

What is your favourite MCU film?

• Captain America, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ant-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp

• The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel

• Total voters

AGXStarseed

Phase Four of the MCU will be starting in 2021 with both movies and TV shows. Here's a list of the upcoming projects:

MOVIES:
Black Widow (May 1st 2020)
The Eternals (November 6th 2020)
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (February 12th 2021)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (May 7th 2021)
Thor: Love and Thunder (November 5th 2021)
Black Panther 2 (May 6, 2022)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (TBA)
Blade (TBA)
Captain Marvel 2 (TBA)

TV SHOWS:
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Spring 2020)
WandaVision (Spring 2021)
Loki (Spring 2021)
What If…? (Summer 2021)
Hawkeye (Fall 2021)
She-Hulk (TBA)
Moon Knight (TBA)
Ms. Marvel (TBA)

However, are you excited for some/all of these upcoming projects?
Are you not really interested in the MCU and/or Marvel/superhero movies in general?
Are you calling it quits after Avengers: Endgame / Spider-Man: Far From Home?

For me, I've lost interest in the MCU as it feels like the big chapter that they started back with Iron Man back in 2008 is over, and it feels like it will never be that big again - especially considering the events of Endgame as well as what's been happening between Disney and Sony regarding Spider-Man.

What about you guys?

I may be interested in Loki, Black Panther 2 and maybe Captain Marvel 2. The rest not so much. But then, my favourites were always the Avengers and now that this chapter is done, the MCU lost quite a bit of charm to me. Still, they may create something that will get me back, who knows. Not very enthusiastic at the moment, though.

For me, I've lost interest in the MCU as it feels like the big chapter that they started back with Iron Man back in 2008 is over, and it feels like it will never be that big again - especially considering the events of Endgame as well as what's been happening between Disney and Sony regarding Spider-Man.

I agree. It seems like keeping up with MCU is increased effort with diminishing returns. I was fully vested in Infinity War and Endgame, but rewatching those is too much work for I-Already-Know-How-It-Ends.

I still like Thor, Guardians, Black Panther, Strange, and Marvel and will probably watch those. I'm not going to go getting invested in new characters like the Eternals, Shang-Chi, Blade, She-Hulk, Moon-Knight, etc. It's not like I dislike those. It's more like, "I'm full, thank you."

It's not an option, but i liked everything, and am excited to see where they'll go. Sony, on the other hand, can go find the biggest, prickliest cactus and lick the thorns on a octuple dog dare with no take backsies. They took away Spider-Man just as he was getting more established within the MCU, and that's just plain unforgivable.

And you know what's just gonna end up happening? They're gonna screw it up. AGAIN. I guarantee it.

It's not an option, but i liked everything, and am excited to see where they'll go. Sony, on the other hand, can go find the biggest, prickliest cactus and lick the thorns on a octuple dog dare with no take backsies. They took away Spider-Man just as he was getting more established within the MCU, and that's just plain unforgivable.

And you know what's just gonna end up happening? They're gonna screw it up. AGAIN. I guarantee it.

To be fair to Sony, while they have been responsible for the worst Spider-Man films they have also been responsible for arguably the best Spider-Man films (Into the Spider-Verse been my favourite).

On top of that, there is a rumour going around that Disney/Marvel has lost faith in Brie Larson/Captain Marvel despite the movie making $1,000,000,000 at the box office - with the plan being for Captain Marvel to be paired up with Spider-Man in the future to try to "humanize" and "balance" her a bit.
However, the rumour states that it would involve Spider-Man been Captain Marvel's "sidekick" - been dominated and humiliated by her, having to be saved by her when he's in distress, been shown up by her; basically, Spidey would be torn down to build Captain Marvel up.

Apparently this plan has fallen through with Sony taking Spider-Man back after their deal fell through, although Disney will likely still be trying to get him back even if it means having buy him from Sony - the cost of which I think is $10,000,000,000 and which I doubt Disney will pay for.
Again and as the person reading the source says, it's currently just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt. That said, it seems odd that Captain Marvel was said the be the "new face of the MCU" and yet she's nowhere to be seen in the upcoming Phase Four.

I'm also not saying that Sony will do Spider-Man good either (as stated, they've been the ones who created his worst movies as well as arguably his best), but I'll be keeping an eye on it - especially regarding Spider-Man meeting up with Tom Hardy's Venom.

I don't get why you divide some of the movies up the way you do and haven't seen all the movies in some of the options you've presented.
"The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel"
These are all starting points for stories, while in the same "universe", not connected until way later in their stories.
Why did you group them this way?

I don't get why you divide some of the movies up the way you do and haven't seen all the movies in some of the options you've presented.
"The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel"
These are all starting points for stories, while in the same "universe", not connected until way later in their stories.
Why did you group them this way?

You only have a limited number of options (10 total) and characters (letters, numbers, symbols, etc.) you can use when doing these polls, so rather than grouping everything into "Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3" (which I don't have enough space for) or just putting random movies together for all the options, I thought the following was the best way to do it.

1. All the Iron Man Movies together.
2. All the Captain America Movies together.
3. All the Thor movies together.
4. Both the Spider-Man movies together.
5. Both the Ant-Man movies together.
6. Both the Guardians of the Galaxy movies together.
7. The remaining "individual hero" movies that have not had sequels (not yet anyway).
8. All the Avengers movies together.
9. An option for those who can't decide/genuinely don't know which MCU movie they like best.
10. An option for those who couldn't care less.

Okay that makes sense.
I Liked Doctor Strange a lot - reminded me of my days playing Mage, other WOD games and Ravenloft pen and paper games (and this was before I tried any psychedelics)
Hulk was pretty good.
Only seen about half of the other movies so far - fairly scattered between each option.
I enjoyed most of them, but none of them ever blew my mind.
Usually have to look to books and foreign films for that.

There's a Loki show and I named my son Loki, so yeah.

Already got the Disney+ subscription for 3 years ;)

I can not follow all of these story lines though, there's too many omg

I started watching Thor because I'm obsessed with Anthony Hopkins and I watched Dr.Strange about a million times because of Benedict Cumberbatch and I love Sherlock and Iron Man because Sherlock again, two Avengers have gotten to play Sherlock, I'm just :)

I wish I could follow all the storylines but watching TV and Movies is really hard for me. (They could just put Anthony Hopkins in all of them then I would get through them.)

We got that Goose cat from the Ms.Marvel series and the movie, all remember is the cat though. It's got a button which makes snakes come out of it's mouth, lol so fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom