• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why so many guests?

It has a separate tally for bots:

Total: 232 (members: 7, guests: 193, robots: 32)

I imagine there's plenty looking for info but don't wish to join.

Ed

Better known as "lurkers". But then also consider the number of persons who are members, who never seem to show up.

Yeah, we who are autistic. Who are often acutely aware of the "need-to-know" dynamic that motivates many to be extremely low-key about their autism. So much so they are reticent to even formally log in. Even myself, all these years later I still retain a relative sense of anonymity here.

And those who may have difficulty even interacting with their own kind in real time. It's ok...and quite understandable. Yes, it takes a big step to go from merely joining to actively participating.

Still, we've love to hear from all of you. ;)

Last edited:
Scary.
I am sure some people I know IRL may be lurking because I told them about the site.
Stop lurking and join, people!

On my home computer, I am permanently logged into most of my various social media, and I am the only user of my computer being single...

People who need advice on ASD but don't want to join a social media site. I kind of observed this site for a long time before joining.

People who need advice on ASD but don't want to join a social media site. I kind of trolled this site for a long time before joining.

Interesting, good thought, I jumped in full tilt from the first day I discovered this forum, through an Aspergers/photography websearch... That was a few years ago now, and I'm still here...

Members receive email notifications. If you click onto that on your cell phone, you are not automatically signed in. You are simply viewing the website. I imagine many do not sign in, but rather browse the threads that way. Thus, You register as a guest if you access the website via your cell phone. If you take it one step further and actually sign in via that phone, you will not register as guest.

Members receive email notifications. If you click onto that on your cell phone, you are not automatically signed in. You are simply viewing the website. I imagine many do not sign in, but rather browse the threads that way. Thus, You register as a guest if you access the website via your cell phone. If you take it one step further and actually sign in via that phone, you will not register as guest.

Or am I the only one who uses a desktop computer? :rolleyes: Or am I the last person to use a desktop computer in this new digital age? In some ways I'm very old fashioned, and unrepentant :D

Hey Sherlock, Nah, not by far... I will only compose while signed in on my laptop. I think generations from 1958 on up prefer that mode? Lots of younger people I know, do not even have a PC or laptop.. they do everything from their phone. When a laptop would come in handy... that is when they give me a call to find out something online... very strange lol.

I only noticed that sign in from phone component, when checking mail on the phone... there was the notification and I clicked in as guest.

Hey Sherlock, Nah, not by far... I will only compose while signed in on my laptop. I think generations from 1958 on up prefer that mode? Lots of younger people I know, do not even have a PC or laptop.. they do everything from their phone. When a laptop would come in handy... that is when they give me a call to find out something online... very strange lol.

I only noticed that sign in from phone component, when checking mail on the phone... there was the notification and I clicked in as guest.

I do own a smart phone, it's also functionally my only phone number... But I rarely check it when I'm out of the house, too busy exploring the world, or working (in a warehouse where I can't use it)

Or am I the only one who uses a desktop computer? :rolleyes: Or am I the last person to use a desktop computer in this new digital age? In some ways I'm very old fashioned, and unrepentant :D

Nope, you're not the only one. I use a desktop and a laptop computer and never use my cell phone to log into anything. I'm old fashioned and refuse to put any apps on my cell phone unless I'm traveling outside of the USA where I need a currency converter and a language translator app.

I do own a smart phone, it's also functionally my only phone number... But I rarely check it when I'm out of the house, too busy exploring the world, or working (in a warehouse where I can't use it)

I still don't have a laptop or a cellphone. ;)

But I probably will in the near future. Still, I don't see using a mobile device to surf the net. Not when I can use a 27 inch widescreen to view this site and others. :rolleyes:

My couch, wife an I go for walk first thing in the morning when its a little cooler walks getting easier every time we do it. lockdown due to covid really sucks.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom