• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why should you avoid self pity

Danigt22

Being mentaly atipical, its hard and demanding. In some cases it causes extreme isolation. It may feel unfair, it could trigger envy, and wrath. Nevertheless, having a hard life doesnt mean you cant be a moraly good person. In reality moraly excellency can only be acquired by the ones that suffer, but decide to serve instead. Love your enemie, always give the other cheek, think about how others feels intead of your self. I know solitude and isolation makes it hard to think about the other when there is no other. Nevertheless, there is God who is moraly perfect who wants his children to be as him. Just as his son, you are call to follow his steps. Pray for your family, your enemies, those who do you wrong, for God is willing to change their hearts if you ask.

I apply Stoic and Buddhist principles in order to deal with my suffering. So far, so good. I have become a better version of my self.

Doing good, pursuing Virtue instead of quick fixes or indulging in the happiness trap.

I'm uncertain if 'turning the other cheek' is the answer to many things in life. It's seem weak and you give up your power to advocate for yourself. It gives you little control over your life. I don't want someone to decide for me, I want to decide for myself and not leave it to others.

I'm uncertain if 'turning the other cheek' is the answer to many things in life. It's seem weak and you give up your power to advocate for yourself. It gives you little control over your life. I don't want someone to decide for me, I want to decide for myself and not leave it to others.
I think the show naruto shipudden in the pain arc, shows a really good example why giving the other cheek is a good thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom