• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why is British TV better than American TV? IMHO

Very valuable! Wow, thank you (((big hug))) I really appreciate it. Honestly, will have to get my husband to read what you wrote and “fix it” on the machine/TV for me lol. I’m not a computer person, never had kids so never had a computer educated person around - was/am a button pusher until something happens and sometimes this can make things worse (btdt).
It's not that hard

go to your equivalent app(application)store it's the app store for apple ,play store for Google ,apps(has appstore underneath the square) for!Amazon !fire!,Windows apps( beside a little white bag with four coloured squares )for Windows operating system.

Click or press then search adblockers ,click that! it will have a long thin block with install !press!that and wait !then open !although with some adblockers you could just go to a website but click open anyway

I love british panel shows but they don't really do those in america at least not since far before I was born in the 60s. I don't know what/how to define british humor but I seem to like it better than most american shows a show like Taskmaster even makes me laugh out loud but that might have more to do with how the show works and less about the humor format. I also quite like the drama call the midwife. I like medical dramas but only for the medical stuff not the drama and romance this show keeps the medical side even as the seasons go on and of course it becomes more romance hevy. I don't know why you like british tv of course but this is why I like it.
Type in (on YouTube )university challenge (BBC) the UK version of YouTube has an episode from a month ago ,different from Bamber Gascoigne in the 1970s

I will say 90s cartoons from America would blow most of the modern stuff away. Aside from that everyone is correct about the TV situation.
I think it depends on what your thing is I preferred watercolours so American cartoons in the 80s and 90s didn't do it for me

I haven't read all of the thread. As a Brit, some good TV and music has come out of this little island of ours. I don't have TV though now.

The shows I like come from all over the world. I don't have much of a preference. I just don't get most British humor.

I'm British and I find English humour to be too silly for me. Things are over the top and stupid. Like in the IT Crowd and the Mighty Boosch the bosses are just childish and daft. I don't find that funny.

I do like Black Books, that made me laugh. Maybe it depends on the actors. Lead Balloon was quite good too.

I hate to admit it but Inbetweeners did make me laugh.

The classics like Porridge, Some Mother's Do Av Em, the Two Ronnie's, Monty Python, I just find them stupid.

But Frasier was funnier than them all put together.

There aren't many modern comedies on TV these days, like at all.

Last edited:
Just remembered some old Scottish comedy. Very silly, but very funny.

Alan Cumming as you've never seen him before.

Unfortunately you can't find this series in good quality anywhere.

New Threads

Top Bottom