• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why I like rock and metal.

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
It helps. Their screams give vent to the frustration i feel. The guitar riffs challenge my emotional gridlock. Overcomes them in the howls of their guitars and beating drums. As the song builds and rushes threw you. It lifts the dread and destroys the fear. Challengeing the notion and opinions the world has of you. Then as it builds up inside of you a cascade of guitar riffs, drum beats, and screams. You flow with it gaining confidence until your ready. To look out and tell the world. You don't know me and you will never break me.

I feel the same, I love the power in the music, something other genres seem to lack to a large degree. The scream vocals seem to release some emotion that I can't otherwise express.... and when I'm outside, it gives me a small shield against the world - the same sense of, as you put it "You don't know me and you will never break me."

:)

Last edited:
I always felt the same with Led Zepplin - their blues were the best. Their screams were musical. When I was young, I'd wear ear phones so I could absorb every part of the music. Here's one of my favorites.

The Testament one has a Metallica vibe, or am I wrong? It was pretty good, powerful. I'm not too much into Thrash as a genre though, not too sure why!

Volume warning also for this one. One of my favourite bands, though there are so many songs that I love by so many groups. :)

Spanish-Celtic bagpipe music has a similar effect on me.

c327c5675050a16b712dfae20a5d310e.jpg

This is why I play that type of music when driving.
It helps my anxiety and I always said a song has got to have some good screams in it
to give me the feeling of empowerment I like.
I like a lot of the '80s rock like Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Queen, Def Lepard, Billy Idol and many more.
I'm just an old hippie stuck on this type of music!

I like metal because it's what you get when you take a big cauldron and throw in Classical music, DnD and either mythology, Conan the Barbarian, edgy teens or (as in the case of Skyclad) a sardonic British man. Since I love all those things, it's only natural things work out. It's not metal if the main ingredient is a strung out oversexualized frontman. That's... I honestly don't know what it is. Some sort of abomination.

This is for those that need to wash the remnants of GNR out of their brains:
Warning: enough reverb to kill a pet hamster

This ones been helping a lot of late. I think a lot of people on here would agree with the message.

New Threads

Top Bottom