• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why I believe in God.

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
So yeah. I just thought I'd add my two cents. See what happens. Ive been a believer for a long time. All the way to my kid years. At that time God was this friendly presence in my head. Someone who showed me amazing things. Very fun and exciting daydreams. As I grow older I was taught more about God. Though to me he was this big friendly presence who only wanted to be my friend. We talked and talk often. Eventually i got to school. He was right there in my head. Seeing everything i was seeing and experienceing. We talked about the pros and cons. Of each action i took or word i said. I did go to a church for awhile. The pastor and his wife were friends of the family. I remeber very little from then. Eventually the pastor passed away and we never went back. God really helped me out in my school years. I got in trouble a lot for problems related to my then undiagnosed aspergers. It was something in my head God and myself knew about. But had no name to call it and no words to describe it. I survived several close calls. Though two came very near to ending my life on Rarth. Both of them God helped me survive. I should mention here that i do not go to church. Nor do i seek to find one. I learn by living and reading whats written in the bible. That's just who i am and how i practice my faith. So to me God is everything written in the Bible. It just feels good to believe in him. Also helps knowing someone smarter then you is helping guide you threw life. I do share his desire to see the world cleansed of evil. Though i am grateful he is so merciful having commited sinful acts myself. Will always be grateful he sent Jesus Christ to die for our sins. I do hope to see him again and give him a big hug. As for proof of God existing. Id say we have more then enough evidence in my opinion. It is a question of faith after all. Do you believe the evidence or do you not? As for me aside from what i just wrote. I have seen plenty enough to know. Including why no mortal man can look upon God. Thats all i got. Hope you can find him yourself one day. Hes an awesome friend and great at counseling.

Hm, my high school years were the opposite belief wise. I was a hard core atheist and that's probably why I didn't kill myself, since I thought that there was no heaven or hell that a single earth life was all I would get, so I somehow wanted to make it count for all I could and I didn't want to be known as "the dumb weird kid who killed himself because he was dumb and weird and deserved to die, so lol dead" and then all the kids would forget within a few years and go on with their lives and be rich and successful and I would only have a small rock with my name carved on it as the only evidence I ever lived. No reunion with family in heaven, no afterlife, no nothing, just dead and rotting in a hole in the ground and nobody remembering who I was. The bullies would win. I'm not quite that extreme today, but I was for maybe a decade.

Hi WolfPrince. Thanks for sharing your faith. Growing up I thought God would be like my dad, and just watching and waiting for me to make a mistake so He could punish me. It was as an adult I learned how loving and forgiving God is. I enjoy going to church services when I can, but we are the church and I read and live by what the Bible tells me, and not what others tell me - including the preacher. I don't always see things the same way they do. But the reason for my strong faith, like you, is my own life and the proof in my life that He has let me know without a doubt in my mind that He's watching over me. Just looking at the intricate beauty around us is proof enough. Otherwise, chances of me tossing a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle into space and it all coming together perfectly should be pretty good.

I view him as a lifeline to sanity at times. This world can be very overbearing at times.

New Threads

Top Bottom