• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why I am learning Chinese.

theconservativeaspie

Dangerously Autistic, No Trigger Warnings Here
renderTimingPixel.png

I am learning the Mandarin Chinese language for several different reasons.

One reason is because I legitimately adore the language, and all of it's unique characters in an alphabet-dominant world. The second reason is that I love learning languages in general. It is a special interest to me. It calms me down when I am stressed. The third reason is because I want to spread autism acceptance in China. Autism acceptance is mostly found in the West. I feel like it should spread. It cannot spread if no one does anything other than be an activist on the internet.

There are 13 million autistics in China that do not have a voice. I intend to do my part on fixing this issue. We need to do something about it.

放心,自闭的人民。你们的声音会被听到。

Thanks for reading.

I've always been interested in learning Chinese myself, but my motivation is (well, was, since it won't happen at my age) simpler:

1) There are LOTS of Chinese here in California, and I would love to converse with them on their terms. I lived in San Francisco in the mid 90s and Chinese is widely spoken there. I loved wandering Old Chinatown, the back alleys where tourists never go, and shopped at the Chinese markets such as May Wah on Stockton Street, where again few tourists venture. I would look at all the Chinese characters on the signs and wish I could read them.

2) China is THE future hyperpower, like the US in the 90s except with more factories, and knowing the language will come in handy.

Sadly, at my age it won't happen. But I would advise all young people to learn it.

Oh, good luck on learning Chinese! I worked on learning Chinese a little bit in the past, but I am nowhere near fluent. I would like to become fluent in the language though, partly because I'm part Chinese and partly because I want to travel around China.

571119C6-834A-469A-B518-750C24B4EFDD.jpeg
renderTimingPixel.png

I am learning the Mandarin Chinese language for several different reasons.

One reason is because I legitimately adore the language, and all of it's unique characters in an alphabet-dominant world. The second reason is that I love learning languages in general. It is a special interest to me. It calms me down when I am stressed. The third reason is because I want to spread autism acceptance in China. Autism acceptance is mostly found in the West. I feel like it should spread. It cannot spread if no one does anything other than be an activist on the internet.

There are 13 million autistics in China that do not have a voice. I intend to do my part on fixing this issue. We need to do something about it.

放心,自闭的人民。你们的声音会被听到。

Thanks for reading.

New Threads

Top Bottom