• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why don't the privacy settings work?

the_tortoise

V.I.P Member
I dont want to publicly show my birthday, why does it show whether I have deselected the option or not?

Same deal with showing whether or not I am online, although I don't actually care about that one.

I dont want to publicly show my birthday, why does it show whether I have deselected the option or not?

Same deal with showing whether or not I am online, although I don't actually care about that one.
didn't work for me either! I've never !got an answer if I've sent the message to contact us at the bottom of the page

I went into the admin area and unticked the box which shows your birthday.
It removed the notice.

Using the Contact Us function is not highly recommended on this forum.
The emails go straight to the site owner who has basically turned over all communications between staff and the membership over to those who watch over us day to day.

I am your acting administrator who can do much of what it is you feel the need to have done by contacting either me or another staff member.
If I cannot handle it on my own,I can take steps to see if it can be handled.

None of the rest of you that have replied here had that box ticked.

Last edited:
A good practice for all sites. Put in a fake birthdate. Unique identifier / security risk. For what? a couple of "happy birthdays" on one day.

A good practice for all sites. Put in a fake birthdate. Unique identifier / security risk. For what? a couple of "happy birthdays" on one day.
Yes,there are probably 100 members who were born on January 1 ;)

I get a different set of choices in the admin area.
user groups.JPG

Is there any way of disabling the blue birthday notification that appears under your avatar when it is your birthday? I have hidden my birthday, but I don't want this blue alert - people don't need to know or be alerted when it is my birthday.

Is there any way of disabling the blue birthday notification that appears under your avatar when it is your birthday? I have hidden my birthday, but I don't want this blue alert - people don't need to know or be alerted when it is my birthday.

Can you show me where the banner shows up?

I did look into your settings yesterday,and the boxes that show your date of birth are not checked for it to show
Oh, so as long as the box isn't checked, it won't show? Thanks :)
Can you show me where the banner shows up?
I mean the dark blue banner which appears under someone's avatar when it's their birthday, next to the one that says 'VIP' member.

prog user.JPG

New Threads

Top Bottom