• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why didn't the site recognise my password?

Gift2humanity

V.I.P Member
Hi

I have not changed my password however, when I cleared my cookies, although my browser stores my password, suddenly this site did not recognise it so I had to change it.
Can anyone tell me why this is?
Thanks

Short answer: No.
Long answer: Ideally, the password hash should be stored on the server hosting the website and not on the client's end. Maybe the site isn't very well coded?

Had the same problem got an email from gmail i think, telling me password here was compromised, so i changed it but it wasnt recognised here, had to change it again.

I was worried I had been hacked, I use MacBook and have also good security software.
I find that I have to keep logging in today and yesterday (small hours in UK)
I normally don't have to keep logging in.
Maybe a glitch.

A lot of sites use stored cookies to double up on authentication. The error message will not state that their cookie is missing.

Hi

I have not changed my password however, when I cleared my cookies, although my browser stores my password, suddenly this site did not recognise it so I had to change it.
Can anyone tell me why this is?
Thanks
Only happens if I haven't typed it correctly I don't permanently log in so I type in each time for the password

I was worried I had been hacked, I use MacBook and have also good security software.
I find that I have to keep logging in today and yesterday (small hours in UK)
I normally don't have to keep logging in.
Maybe a glitch.
Had problems with WiFi early this morning I'm in n.e.England couldn't log in at all

New Threads

Top Bottom