• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Why autism is different from narcissism

We share an empathy deficit with the "dark triad".

But unlike them we still have the part that makes us normally disinclined to deliberately inflict discomfort on other living beings.
Learning empathy and sympathy for others has been a huge struggle for me. I used to have a lot of judgmental and condescending ways of thinking, but I'm glad I've had the opportunity to grow out of this way of thinking.

The above link is typical by misunderstanding of us, and failed examples of autism reasoning.
There is a huge communication gap
So they are saying moral reasoning is an innate ability downloaded in the standard average brain? (Paraphrasing) That to me alone seems subjective and makes this claim rather discrediting. I understand what they are trying to get at but the theory of mind is essentially a combination of cognitive empathy, deductive reasoning and a level of social reciprocity to build wisdom/pattern assessment.

Npd/psychopathy has exceptional cognitive empathy or theory of mind to manipulate or read people extremely well. They lack emotional empathy to care or feel true remorse. Like anything else on a spectrum and there can be traits of all of these in one person and it all depends on what drive/ethics they have extract what they need out of people and life.

I think for Asd people cognitive behavioral therapy is used to build “theory of mind.”

Learning empathy and sympathy for others has been a huge struggle for me. I used to have a lot of judgmental and condescending ways of thinking, but I'm glad I've had the opportunity to grow out of this way of thinking.
Why is judging and condescending ways of thinking negative? That’s human nature along as it doesn’t affect your behavior towards others then thoughts on some level are intuition and building an internal narrative flow chart.

Why is judging and condescending ways of thinking negative? That’s human nature along as it doesn’t affect your behavior towards others then thoughts on some level are intuition and building an internal narrative flow chart.
You're right; I think it's how one brings out their judgement or condescending thoughts. How and also how often.

Selective-mute
Is Vienna a capital in Deutschland, or is that spelt Weiner. So clowns eat brut-wurst and Harlequins eat snoek pate' before going on stage.
Ye, nitsche took long time to become civilised there was a time used to roll RRR in Flemish, Belgium.
Net Soos 'n vetkoek (highly descriptive)
If only motzart had hurried up his love affairs with spider-girl then ended up broke, changed world a whole lot faster.
Imagine 'so called' Gauls had their land in Balkans, there was possibility of unification of home-countries and we never colonised and lived happily ever after.
wOW

New Threads

Top Bottom