• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who’s seen a ghost or had a paranormal experience?

Have you ever seen a ghost or had a paranormal experience?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Possibly

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Kalinychta

V.I.P Member
I’ve been fascinated with the paranormal my entire life. The great thing about Halloween is: for a few weeks everyone shares my fascination.

So, who here has seen a ghost or had an unexplainable paranormal experience? Tell your story.

Last edited:
Experienced a growling chest one time.
Me and two friends where in the room when the chest made a loud growling sound. We really quickly left the room after that happened.
It only did it that one time as there have never been problems with it after that.

Experienced a growling chest one time.
Me and two friends where in the room when the chest made a loud growling sound. We really quickly left the room after that happened.
It only did it that one time as there have never been problems with it after that.

At first I thought you meant one of your chests. Like a belly growling.

I feel like "paranormal" isn't the right word for it and people will think I'm completely insane and even more insane if I elaborate, but I saw an angel once. :D

I’ll tell my most extreme paranormal experience. I stayed at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado (an old hotel well known to be haunted) with a friend about ten years ago for a ghost conference. In the middle of the first night we were there, I was awoken by something/someone beating on the end of the bed. There would be about four powerful blows followed by periods of inactivity lasting about a minute or two. It felt as though someone was hitting the mattress with the bottom of his fist. It happened about four times (with pauses in between each series of blows). I looked toward the end of the bed when it first woke me up, but I saw nothing. As soon as it sunk in what was happening, I became so frightened that I couldn’t even reach over to my friend who was sleeping in the same bed with me and wake her up (she was fast asleep). And it happened again the second night! It was really scary, and I hope nothing like it ever happens to me again.

Okay, fine, hopefully I've proven during my time here that I am of sound mind. :rolleyes:

I feel like the backstory is relevant so I'm gonna go ahead and ramble here:

I've been suicidal all the time most of my life, with a lot of self-harming, drug use, and suicide attempts and I probably should be dead now but there ya go. Anyway, in college, I became very close with a friend who was kind of like a sponsor for me, helping me not do drugs or self harm, having me call him first and stuff like that. He's amazing.

My family is not so great and triggers all those bad things so I lived in the dorms for college, where he also lived, which is how I met him. And during school breaks when I had to go home, I'd typically do drugs and self-harm, but my friend wanted to prevent that one spring break. He did this by suggesting I go on a week long retreat that his club has, a Christian club, because he's a devout Christian. It took a lot of convincing for anxiety reasons and because I hated religion but he got me to go.

I hated it there because I quickly ran out of cigarettes, was aggressively sober, and spent my time hiding in the rocks of the beach, burning myself. And as a devout Atheist believing only in the logical, I hated the hours of Bible study. They kept having us answer questions on a paper and I always wrote in giant caps "I DON'T KNOW". Except for one time. We were asked to write something we wanted prayer for to put up on a wall, anonymously. I waited until everyone left the room, wrote "SUICIDAL" on mine, and put it up. I have no clue why I actually participated in that one.

The next day they were praying, so my eyes were closed, but I was enraged to be there and wanted to leave and could feel nothing but anger. I wasn't listening for most of the prayer but then I heard him talk about suicide and my ears perked up. He went on and on about it and started crying and I was baffled as to why he cared so much. Then, small, in the distance, against the blackness of my closed eyes, an angel came quickly down from the top of my vision, to the bottom, and back up.

And when it left, for the first time that I could remember I was completely happy, not suicidal, and anxiety-free. The next few days were some of the best of my life, and I've never been suicidal since. I no longer self-harm or do drugs, and I'm Christian now.

The end. :)

Okay, fine, hopefully I've proven during my time here that I am of sound mind. :rolleyes:

I feel like the backstory is relevant so I'm gonna go ahead and ramble here:

I've been suicidal all the time most of my life, with a lot of self-harming, drug use, and suicide attempts and I probably should be dead now but there ya go. Anyway, in college, I became very close with a friend who was kind of like a sponsor for me, helping me not do drugs or self harm, having me call him first and stuff like that. He's amazing.

My family is not so great and triggers all those bad things so I lived in the dorms for college, where he also lived, which is how I met him. And during school breaks when I had to go home, I'd typically do drugs and self-harm, but my friend wanted to prevent that one spring break. He did this by suggesting I go on a week long retreat that his club has, a Christian club, because he's a devout Christian. It took a lot of convincing for anxiety reasons and because I hated religion but he got me to go.

I hated it there because I quickly ran out of cigarettes, was aggressively sober, and spent my time hiding in the rocks of the beach, burning myself. And as a devout Atheist believing only in the logical, I hated the hours of Bible study. They kept having us answer questions on a paper and I always wrote in giant caps "I DON'T KNOW". Except for one time. We were asked to write something we wanted prayer for to put up on a wall, anonymously. I waited until everyone left the room, wrote "SUICIDAL" on mine, and put it up. I have no clue why I actually participated in that one.

The next day they were praying, so my eyes were closed, but I was enraged to be there and wanted to leave and could feel nothing but anger. I wasn't listening for most of the prayer but then I heard him talk about suicide and my ears perked up. He went on and on about it and started crying and I was baffled as to why he cared so much. Then, small, in the distance, against the blackness of my closed eyes, an angel came quickly down from the top of my vision, to the bottom, and back up.

And when it left, for the first time that I could remember I was completely happy, not suicidal, and anxiety-free. The next few days were some of the best of my life, and I've never been suicidal since. I no longer self-harm or do drugs, and I'm Christian now.

The end. :)

What did the angel look like? How long did you see it? Was it really vivid, I mean did you see it in the same way you would see any object when your eyes were open (except that in this instance they were closed)? Did you tell the people there about it, and what did they say?

What did the angel look like? How long did you see it? Was it really vivid, I mean did you see it in the same way you would see any object when your eyes were open (except that in this instance they were closed)? Did you tell the people there about it, and what did they say?

It was white and small and had an indistinct figure, almost like it was a light that happened to be in an angel-like shape. I only saw it for about three seconds. It's movement was direct and fast, coming straight down and back up without stopping. It was as clear as anything I've ever seen. I didn't tell anyone there, but people were constantly commenting on my sudden change of mood and behavior. I told people once the trip was over, people I was closer with, such as that friend. They were not particularly surprised or amazed by it, easily attributing it to an act of God, almost as if they've experienced or heard of it before. I've never told non-Christians until now, so I've never gotten any reaction other than joy.

I actually didn't accept it until about a year later, although I thoroughly enjoyed the benefits of it. I just couldn't reconcile it with everything I had ever thought and believed. It wasn't until some more unusual experiences (not paranormal, just weird), that I finally accepted what I knew was obvious all along.

I have had a few. With a memory like a cheese grater though, it can be tough to recall. Certain things happened quite awhile ago.

Now, I should point out, I've never been the skeptical sort. However, I tend to be an *extremely* logical person. "Logical" and "open-minded" often seem to not go together according to many, but in my mind, true examination of any incident involves examining both sides equally. There's quite a bit more to my mental tendencies than that, but that's at least a bit of the basics. So as a result, I am not quick to automatically believe stuff. Nor am I quick to dismiss anything. Usually, it takes quite a bit of pondering and examining before I'll do either. Quite a bit. Of course, whether I'm interested enough in a specific thing to do so is another matter. Just because something *might* qualify as paranormal doesnt mean I give a fart. Yes, I'm like that.

But also, I'm aware that the world is a *very* strange place. And after exposure to so many bizarre and nonsensical things (I dont mean supernatural things, stuff doesnt have to be paranormal to be freaking weird) I know that things are never as simple as they seem. The dreams I have at night just increase that. Twisted, distorted, impossible to put into words... I dont have the vocabulary to describe what goes on in my mind as I sleep. With all of those things, and more... yeah. The world is one weird place, and I know it.

Now that all being said, individual incidents are hard to describe. Ones from quite awhile ago in particular... again, memory is bad.

The recent one was about.... 2 months ago? Happened at home. A.... "thing" showed up. No foggy or hidden nature to this one. No dark room or field where it was hard to see. None of that. Clear as freaking day. THAT memory is very strong.

Beyond that, there's a thing I can do that may or may not have an element of this to it. I cannot be sure. More data would be needed.

Hmmm... I find myself extremely reluctant to the idea of posting these directly on the forum here... the details, I mean. How odd.

Normally I'm not reluctant at all to talk about things even on a public forum. But every now and then, it happens, eh? Usually doesnt make sense, but some things I just roll with.

If you want to hear more about these, just message me instead. That'd be... easier?

It was white and small and had an indistinct figure, almost like it was a light that happened to be in an angel-like shape. I only saw it for about three seconds. It's movement was direct and fast, coming straight down and back up without stopping. It was as clear as anything I've ever seen. I didn't tell anyone there, but people were constantly commenting on my sudden change of mood and behavior. I told people once the trip was over, people I was closer with, such as that friend. They were not particularly surprised or amazed by it, easily attributing it to an act of God, almost as if they've experienced or heard of it before. I've never told non-Christians until now, so I've never gotten any reaction other than joy.

I actually didn't accept it until about a year later, although I thoroughly enjoyed the benefits of it. I just couldn't reconcile it with everything I had ever thought and believed. It wasn't until some more unusual experiences (not paranormal, just weird), that I finally accepted what I knew was obvious all along.

What a great story! I love it! You’re definitely not alone, by the way! Many people have reported sightings of what they call angels, usually during near death experiences or when they are about to die or when they’re at a really, really low point in life. I’d say you fit that scenario perfectly since you were clearly headed for the grave. What a wonderful, profound experience!!! Very impressive.

What a great story! I love it! You’re definitely not alone, by the way! Many people have reported sightings of what they call angels, usually during near death experiences or when they are about to die or when they’re at a really, really low point in life. I’d say you fit that scenario perfectly since you were clearly headed for the grave. What a wonderful, profound experience!!! Very impressive.

Thank you very much!! :)

I've had plenty of experiences.
But, I don't talk about them in general because for some reason most people reject the idea
of what we call paranormal or supernatural.
Just like the discussion on what is normal...what is natural?
Perhaps the reason is because that was how they were taught from child up.
To believe in things that can't be explained or just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they
aren't there, would put them outside the societal herd thinking?
Yet to believe in the heavenly or netherworld beings are acceptable because of religions.
Not knocking that, because I believe in other types of existances like that also.

I will share one which you could call a true ghost story.
At age 8-9 we lived in what could no other way be called anything but a haunted house.
It was just my parents, myself and the cat living in this rented house.

It began with all of us hearing footsteps coming into the rooms at night. (wood floors)
We all heard it and sometimes you could hear papers being shuffled around on the table.
I was too afraid to look, but, Dad tried several times and saw nothing and the sounds would stop.

There were a few occasions when it amounted to more than just footsteps in the night.
It happened with me once in the day.
Sitting in a big rocking chair with the cat asleep at my feet, I heard the footsteps behind me.
Started in the kitchen, came into the dining room behind me. Papers shuffled on dining table.
Sounds of things on shelves being moved and then it came directly to the back of my chair.
I was hugged down as tight as possible, afraid to look, and when the footsteps stopped
directly at the back of the chair I was in, you know how you can sometimes just feel someone
is behind you?
It then walked towards the left to the bedrooms and bathroom area.

Mom was napping in the front bedroom. She started screaming.
I got the nerve to run to her room. I saw nothing, but, her legs were hanging off the bed.
She swore something had tried to drag her out of bed in her sleep.
That bedroom at times had the scent of flowers and once frost formed on the walls
in the summer. We had no airconditioning so it wasn't from anything like that.
Finally one night we were all watching TV and I got up to go to the bathroom.
As I left to go back to the living room I had to pass the door to that bedroom.
I did see it then.
It was like a white female figure in a billowy white gown, but, the whole thing was all
blended and semi transparent.
I ran to get my parents, but, when we went back to look of course the room was empty.

I knew it was a house with a resident ghost. We moved shortly after that and I asked the
landlord who was there on moving day if anyone had ever died in that house.
I told her nothing of the incidents.
She said yes. The house was once owned by her sister and there was an old lady that
died and laid in state in the front bedroom.
OK. There was my answer.

Sounds like The Blair Witch Project, right. But, it happened.

There have been other things, many other things in my life.
Don't want to get into too much here.
I grew up to get a degree in Metaphysics as I was no longer afraid, just very interested.

Difficult to say, really. When I was a kid, I would feel that there was someone - or something - behind my window, observing me. It felt warm, though, so I would call it my angel since according to religion lessons we had, angels are supposed to protect us and everyone has one. So, it was my angel. I would often feel something as well, like a mental pat on the head.

Whether it was something paranormal or just my mind playing tricks on me, it always felt warm and helped me through some tough situations. To be honest, I don't really care what it was. It was good and that's it.

There were other situations as well but those were neither warm nor nice. Just spikes of sudden fear as if there was something dangerous near. A trick of the mind, I hope.

Once, when I was a child, there was thunderstorm outside, and during a lightning flash I saw a humanoid-ish figure standing next to the living room window. It was less than metre and half ('bout 5 ft.) tall and pure white, and it was gone faster than blink of an eye.

That's how I remember it, anyways, although it happened over twenty years ago.

I've had plenty of experiences.
But, I don't talk about them in general because for some reason most people reject the idea
of what we call paranormal or supernatural.
Just like the discussion on what is normal...what is natural?
Perhaps the reason is because that was how they were taught from child up.
To believe in things that can't be explained or just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they
aren't there, would put them outside the societal herd thinking?
Yet to believe in the heavenly or netherworld beings are acceptable because of religions.
Not knocking that, because I believe in other types of existances like that also.

I will share one which you could call a true ghost story.
At age 8-9 we lived in what could no other way be called anything but a haunted house.
It was just my parents, myself and the cat living in this rented house.

It began with all of us hearing footsteps coming into the rooms at night. (wood floors)
We all heard it and sometimes you could hear papers being shuffled around on the table.
I was too afraid to look, but, Dad tried several times and saw nothing and the sounds would stop.

There were a few occasions when it amounted to more than just footsteps in the night.
It happened with me once in the day.
Sitting in a big rocking chair with the cat asleep at my feet, I heard the footsteps behind me.
Started in the kitchen, came into the dining room behind me. Papers shuffled on dining table.
Sounds of things on shelves being moved and then it came directly to the back of my chair.
I was hugged down as tight as possible, afraid to look, and when the footsteps stopped
directly at the back of the chair I was in, you know how you can sometimes just feel someone
is behind you?
It then walked towards the left to the bedrooms and bathroom area.

Mom was napping in the front bedroom. She started screaming.
I got the nerve to run to her room. I saw nothing, but, her legs were hanging off the bed.
She swore something had tried to drag her out of bed in her sleep.
That bedroom at times had the scent of flowers and once frost formed on the walls
in the summer. We had no airconditioning so it wasn't from anything like that.
Finally one night we were all watching TV and I got up to go to the bathroom.
As I left to go back to the living room I had to pass the door to that bedroom.
I did see it then.
It was like a white female figure in a billowy white gown, but, the whole thing was all
blended and semi transparent.
I ran to get my parents, but, when we went back to look of course the room was empty.

I knew it was a house with a resident ghost. We moved shortly after that and I asked the
landlord who was there on moving day if anyone had ever died in that house.
I told her nothing of the incidents.
She said yes. The house was once owned by her sister and there was an old lady that
died and laid in state in the front bedroom.
OK. There was my answer.

Sounds like The Blair Witch Project, right. But, it happened.

There have been other things, many other things in my life.
Don't want to get into too much here.
I grew up to get a degree in Metaphysics as I was no longer afraid, just very interested.

Wow, this is a great one. Did the cat react at all when you were sitting in the chair and heard the footsteps behind you? You said your mom was pulled partially out of bed...did you feel like the spirits were malevolent or hostile in any way, or did they mostly just seem to be cohabiting the house with you? Did you happen to tell the landlady about your experiences, and if so, how did she respond?

Yeah, it’s not socially acceptable to talk about the paranormal despite that millions and millions of people have these experiences. It’s dumb.

Once, when I was a child, there was thunderstorm outside, and during a lightning flash I saw a humanoid-ish figure standing next to the living room window. It was less than metre and half ('bout 5 ft.) tall and pure white, and it was gone faster than blink of an eye.

Did you ever see it again or have other experiences in the house that may have been related to it? I had an experience kind of like that when I was a kid. I woke up in the middle of the night, and there were all of these pure white shapes all around the room. They were almost fluorescent they were so bright. They were all different shapes, some of them were hovering in the air and others were lying on things in the room, like on the dresser and some shelves. There was one really close to my bed that was very tall and humanoid and kind of skeletal shaped. None of them moved at all, though, that I saw—they were completely stationary. I was terrified and laid in bed with the blankets pulled over my head, sweating like crazy. Eventually somehow I fell asleep, and when I woke up they were gone. But then I saw a glowing red small circle of light somewhere near the door, and I remember being so surprised by it that my body convulsed in shock. It never happened again, but dang it scared me.

I’ve been fascinated with the paranormal my entire life. The great thing about Halloween is: for a few weeks everyone shares my fascination.

So, who here has seen a ghost or had an unexplainable paranormal experience? Tell your story.
I had what Christians call an open vision ,I saw the electrical impulses in the brain arranged in the shape of a brain ,in Hues of very light blue to darkish blue,A golden person jumping from a crucifix and arrangement of aeroplanes no insignias on them as though you were looking from the sky,A view of the Temple Mount (Jerusalem )as though you were in a helicopter passing it.
walking up the hill in a park behind the house a few days after my baby(dog) called jay Had been killed (euthanised )by the vet I am not very perceptive but I had the distinct feeling that she was walking beside me ,couldn’t see her could just feel it.

Wow, this is a great one. Did the cat react at all when you were sitting in the chair and heard the footsteps behind you? You said your mom was pulled partially out of bed...did you feel like the spirits were malevolent or hostile in any way, or did they mostly just seem to be cohabiting the house with you? Did you happen to tell the landlady about your experiences, and if so, how did she respond?

Yeah, it’s not socially acceptable to talk about the paranormal despite that millions and millions of people have these experiences. It’s dumb.
No. The cat didn't react. Just kept sleeping.
I don't think the spirit was malevolent. Just the one incident in the bedroom where the old lady had
laid in state.
Never told the Landlady. Just ask if someone had died in the house or if she knew.

I think this was an incident of one spirit.
Probably the old lady that had died in the house and the front bedroom was probably hers
since her body had been laid there for a funeral/viewing.
My belief is what happens when someone dies, if they are very attached to a place, person, incident,
they cling to that. Sort of like being in limbo.
There probably is no passing of time for them. They just stay.
If the place is destroyed, they should move on.

The experience of the humanoid, skeletal shapes that just hung around the room sounds like
the discription in close encounters where people believe it is extraterrestrials.

But, the round red object of light sounds like a spirit orb.
These are seen world wide. Always have been. I've seen a few.
My first were two red ones. I wasn't afraid and followed them through the house.
It was in my Grandma's old farm house and I was six.
They went out to the back porch and vanished. It was in the day.

Later in my 20's,
I, along with my boyfriend, both saw a green one that came straight down out of the trees
above the car to sit at the front windshield. Then it went straight back up after about a minute.
He was a disbeliever and I said nothing of seeing it.
He acted astonished and ask me if I just saw that green ball of light.
I said, yes.
He wanted to know if I knew what it was. Yes, I told him it was a spirit orb.
Just wanting to observe us. :D

He was glad I saw it too. He thought he was going nuts.

They show up in photos better than seeing them with the naked eye.
I learned in the college how to know a real one from a piece of dust or water droplet in a photo.
I also took a photo of one in a woman's house with heat sensor camera. You could see the
orb was yellow. Different temperature to the white wall behind it.
The woman had felt something was in that room and knew I was an investigator.
She asked me to come over and walk through her new home without telling me anything.
She wanted to see my reasction when I walked into the one room it stayed in.
I immediately felt something in the room. Brought equipment over and eventually saw it several times
floating about the room. Took photos for her to see.

!cid_X_MA1_1181615970@aol.jpg
This is it in heat sensor photo.

Here is regular photography:
orbNbasement.jpg
Second smaller one in lower left corner.

New Threads

Top Bottom