• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who wants to be my friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
upload_2022-5-7_20-23-28.png

It was a comment, not an offer.

My idea of being friends with someone includes
a length of time and a quantity of shared experiences,
before knowing whether it's a friendship.

*Spock Voice* Most Peculiar. I must decline your proposition, as I don't care about you sufficiently, to warrant such a reciprocal action or gesture. And to be your friend in such circumstance , when we share nothing in common, would be highly, highly illogical.

A little advice. Before making new threads, go back and make sure you have responded to the interactions you initiated in your old ones. You asked people to ask you questions on the AMA thread and last time I looked, you hadn't answered any of them. If you leave those people dangling, they will be less likely to interact with you on your new threads because their time and goodwill has been wasted.

Humans will tend to go where their interactions have a point. If they think it's pointless, they will end up ignoring you, and then you will go away with a bad experience.

So you've batted some balls, and got some back. Now bat those balls back to the people who participated. :)

A little advice. Before making new threads, go back and make sure you have responded to the interactions you initiated in your old ones. You asked people to ask you questions on the AMA thread and last time I looked, you hadn't answered any of them. If you leave those people dangling, they will be less likely to interact with you on your new threads because their time and goodwill has been wasted.

Humans will tend to go where their interactions have a point. If they think it's pointless, they will end up ignoring you, and then you will go away with a bad experience.

So you've batted some balls, and got some back. Now bat those balls back to the people who participated. :)
I would but I think there's someone who dislikes me and I don't want to escalate it further, sorry.

Then it's going to become a self-fulfilling prophecy, @BongoMan. The kind people who engaged with you should not be ignored.

Also not everyone can like everyone, and that's normal, and not a reason to stop talking to the people who are prepared to like you.

On this forum, people are really friendly and supportive. You just have to give everyone a chance.

Like in real life, there are a couple Obi Wan style snarkmonsters on the forum, but they don't mean any harm, and they only do it in jest. The staff here are really good at keeping it safe and friendly.

If you want to make friends, I'd suggest heading over to the forum games. It's where I made most of mine on the forums.

Elvis, used to say that a lot. Ye, Ma'am, No , sir. He was ever so polite and well mannered. Southern hospitality.

Elvis (sometime in 1972): "Yes, ma'am, may I have that peanut butter jelly banana bacon chicken sandwich. No, sir, hold the sauce. I'm on a diet...*proceeds to devour food like a pig* burp...uh uh hey hey I'm all full up."

On this forum, people are really friendly and supportive. You just have to give everyone a chance.

Like in real life, there are a couple Obi Wan style snarkmonsters on the forum, but they don't mean any harm, and they only do it in jest. The staff here are really good at keeping it safe and friendly.

If you want to make friends, I'd suggest heading over to the forum games. It's where I made most of mine on the forums.
I'm not really into playing forum games, sorry.

Elvis, used to say that a lot. Ye, Ma'am, No , sir. He was ever so polite and well mannered. Southern hospitality.

Elvis (sometime in 1972): "Yes, ma'am, may I have that peanut butter jelly banana bacon chicken sandwich. No, sir, hold the sauce. I'm on a diet...*proceeds to devour food like a pig* burp...uh uh hey hey I'm all full up."
Off subject, fun fact: My ex husband used to eat peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwiches. I also had a friend who ate peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Off subject, fun fact: My ex husband used to eat peanut butter and marshmallow cream sandwiches. I also had a friend who ate peanut butter and pickle sandwiches.

Ever have grilled PB with vidalia onion and yellow mustard?

PB & pickle, sweet or dill, either way are good.

I can eat anything. Anytime, anyplace, anywhere. Curry for breakfast. No problem. Spicy Pizza at 3am in the morning , also no problem.

You know, don't knock the second one til you tried it. I was terrified to try it, but she used sweet pickles, and I swear on everything, it tasted like marmalade and not like pickles.

I'm writing in big letters now. Just for you; Daughter of Yeshua. I don't know if you have eyes problems or not, but even if you do. I don't want strain your eyes or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom