• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who else loves to sleep?

Heymelody!

Not in a bad way as if depressed and unmotivated. Everyone finds it weird I love to sleep, or take a nap. I love to curl up in a blanket put my head in a pillow and relax and not think about anything else.

Hmm......is that bad?

I've noticed the opposite... a lot of people I know/knew loved to sleep. I hate it with a passion. And thus I was the weird one. Perhaps you're with the wrong crowd that tells you you're weird for liking sleep?

I would love to be able to spontaneously nap and sleep! I think because my body is so used to the routine of going to bed and sleeping at a particular time, it will not allow me to sleep any other time. I could happily sleep for 10 hours on a stress-free day.

Ahhhhhhh, I remember sleep. Isnt it that space between between night and morning, that supposed to pass unnoticed. Much as I like sleep, it doesnt like me

One of those necessary evils you seem to need a little more of as you get older.

While I do enjoy sleep, I seem to enjoy being awake much more, which then limits the amount of sleep I allow myself sometimes, haha. Gets worse when I'm engrossed in something. Probably not a good thing, but I try to keep my sleeping habits regular :p

I must admit though, one of my favourite things are those moments before sleep, when you can really appreciate your bed.

Ugh, that makes my toes curl just reading it!!! Perhaps you need a new mattress. I bought one several years ago that really helped. It was über bucks, but well worth the money.
My mattress is memory foam. Probably costs several hundred at the least. Any more money, and I might as well buy a gravity lift, in which I sleep in an electromagnetic field.

As someone whose neurological condition pretty much prevents sleep entirely without a deluge of medication, I must say, I'm not sure I *enjoy* sleep, but man, do I appreciate it when I get it! So I guess you can put a check in the "yes" box. :)

I can't recall when I last had a truly "good night's sleep"...no matter how much or how little I got.

I find it rare to sleep all night without waking up with acid problems or bowel problems, or just waking up anyway. But when the sun comes out it makes me tired. If it's a true nice sunny day here then I kinda have to capitalize on it because it's rarer than a lot of places.

Back in 1997 I broke my wrist in 2 spots from the bullies at the roller rink. I've taken very few medicines in my life. And I don't remember what this prescription was they gave me, but it actually made me feel like I was asleep but could still do my work as an CAD engineer. I still had to drive 80 miles a day for my job, so with the right arm in a full cast, I had to reach over and start the car with the left, shift at the console (auto thankfully) with the left, type and write and key cad functions and mouse with the left. My writing wasn't much worse than with the right. What was weird is not only did I physically become a lefty for 8 weeks, but I thought like one too. I was looking at things differently. I was reading from right to left instead of left to right.

For the acid I've tried many things and for me nothing works as good as eating a spoon of raw baking soda before bed. But sometimes I get stupid and eat peanuts or other things that are just bad for acid no matter what, or fall asleep the wrong way, or eat too much or too late.

Yes my mattress is extra firm too. That's what my mom bought me as something of a housewarming present but it's been 15 years. Memory foam or any real mattress is $$$ so what I did was bought two of those 2" thick mattress pads and stacked them both on top. Made a huge difference. One of the best thing I ever slept on was an air mattress that had a leak and almost flat by morning.

Gave me the idea of someday making a sleep number bed. The cutaway looks just like a regular mattress with 2 air rafts in it. Put 2 good quality air beds or rafts in a gutted regular mattress with some foam, sew it back up, use an air pump and a pressure gauge to find your own number. Could be automated as well.

It's a good thing I'm single because my sleep schedule is so off that sometimes I'll go to bed at 10:30pm wake up at 2 or 3am and read until I get back to sleep two hours later; last night I didn't get to sleep until around 5am and slept until 10am got up and did some stuff then was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open (even with a Red Bull and large coffee) so I had to take a nap from 2:30 until 4pm. I would do anything to sleep on a normal schedule, but can't since I work nights.

Sleep is my #1 hobby and I work on it often!

I LIKE TO SLEEP BUT I AM NOT TIRED RIGHT NOW BECUSE A LITTLE BIT A GO I HADE A BIG STARBUCKS ICE COFFEE SO I AM FULL OF ENERGRY

New Threads

Top Bottom