• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which one is the aspie?

Who here has AS?

• The trash collector

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • The downloader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both of them

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Kit

I got this from another forum posted by someone and I thought one of them was the aspie but I got it wrong and it was the other person who was the aspie when I kept on reading. Now I'm curious to see what others say.

At work someone is working on the computer and another person is going around picking up trash. He comes to someone's office and the person is in the way and there is no way the person can get to the trash.

"The boss told me to take out the trash.".

"Yes, but could you please wait a moment because I'm right in the middle downloading something and I don't want to screw it up. Let me quickly finish this and then I'll get out of the way and let you get to my trash can."

"The boss told me to do it now"

"I know, but please just wait a moment"

"He told me to do it right now. He didn't say anything about waiting for anyone to finish what they are doing."

"I know, but I'm right in the middle of .....oh ****!! Now look what you've made me do?! Couldn't you have waited?"

"The boss told me to take the trash out now."

Who do you think is the aspie, the trash picker upper or the person doing the downloading? Or would you say both of them have it?

Really can't judge based on one interaction sample...from the one interaction, I'd say both. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd say the one taking out the trash. You can't tell if someone has asperger's from just one instance of behavior...

I thought its the both of them but in my opinion, I thought that the guy that is carrying the trash seems to display it more.

The guy taking out the trash seems to display it more, however the guy on the computer reminds me a lot of myself. I'm often telling people to wait until I finish what i'm doing on the computer.  

I have actually been in similar situations on both sides. I don't know of course cause I might have misdiagnosed myself lol.

But when collecting trash I would definitely feel like this rubbish collector, frustrated over somebody getting in the way when I have a job to do, though I would probably not dare push myself past, I would rather stand outside in the corridor frustrated not knowing what to do about it, I would perhaps even walk back and forth in front of the office door wondering what I should do in this difficult situation as somebody is in my way on my important quest.
After a while I would probably decide not to go in because of overwhelming anxiety.

When sitting on the computer though I will move away, it will probably not take long for the person to collect the rubbish and I would feel obliged to move so the person can do his job. Or I would give him the rubbish cause I can do that myself.

So my guess would be the rubbish collector.

I have actually been in similar situations on both sides. I don't know of course cause I might have misdiagnosed myself lol.

But when collecting trash I would definitely feel like this rubbish collector, frustrated over somebody getting in the way when I have a job to do, though I would probably not dare push myself past, I would rather stand outside in the corridor frustrated not knowing what to do about it, I would perhaps even walk back and forth in front of the office door wondering what I should do in this difficult situation as somebody is in my way on my important quest.
After a while I would probably decide not to go in because of overwhelming anxiety.

When sitting on the computer though I will move away, it will probably not take long for the person to collect the rubbish and I would feel obliged to move so the person can do his job. Or I would give him the rubbish cause I can do that myself.

So my guess would be the rubbish collector.
(+1).
EMZ=]

Its impossible to know which one have aspergers or does both of them have it by this short sample. But if I`m gave to choose one I would say that the trash picker. The one downloading could also have aspergers as well tho.

New Threads

Top Bottom