• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which of the unusual things would you like to try

Which would you want to try

• Eat row eggs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Polchinski

I like to eat some unusual things that others don't eat. In this poll, I list the things I personally like to eat (so in my case, I want all of them). You can vote which ones you want and which ones you don't.

Half milk half cream. If you go to the store you can see those pockets, similar to milk ones, but it says half and half instead of milk.
Thanks. We don't have this product in the country where I live.
My vote is for guacamole.

The strangest "dessert" I have ingested was a a Churchill in Costa Rica. Shaved ice with a fruit syrup topped with powdered milk and ice cream that you pour sweetened condensed milk over.

None of the above, but I have been known to eat hummus by the spoonful.

Oh yeah, I like to do eat hummus by itself too. I like it better than on chips. I want to be able to fully taste it thats why I like it by itself.

Eating baba ghanosh by itself is even better :)

You should try the guacamole one :)

I remember seeing these ads in old magazines, talking about use cream for your cereal. I have tried it when we had some leftover from a recipe. There is something in me that keeps telling me, "this isn't healthy!" and that keeps me from deriving all the pleasure I should. Truth me known, plenty of things I eat are worse than finishing off the half-and-half with my Raisin Bran :)

Attachments

• 30177879633.jpg
    30177879633.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 20
I remember seeing these ads in old magazines, talking about use cream for your cereal.

Are you saying you tried actual cream (36%) for the cereal as opposed to half and half (12%)? Maybe I should try that one too.

As far as drinking as a beverage, I drank both cream and half and half. But as far as using for a cereal, I only used half and half. Maybe I should use full cream the other time.

One thing I found, drinking it as a beverage, is that 36% full cream can become too much real soon. But replacing 12% half and half with 16% half and half is perfect. There is 16% half and half sold in Berkeley Bawl, and I like buying those and ranking the whole thing as a beverage.

But for a cereal, its a different matter. Maybe if I were to use 36% full cream for the cereal, then cereal would somehow diffuse all the fat and I would somehow enjoy it? That would be interesting to try!

The other thing to try is cook cream of wheat with half and half. I cooked it with 12% half and half, but haven't gotten a chance to cook it with 16% half and half, I should try it some time.

There is something in me that keeps telling me, "this isn't healthy!"

For me its different. As a little kid, my parents conveyed to me not to drink coka cola or anything else thats artificially flavored. But somehow the message that came across to me was not so much that its unhealthy but more like its gross. So I can't enjoy those things because they are gross.

But as long as something is natural, such as sugar or fat, I can enjoy it, yes.

But of course health concerns are a separate thing and yes I worry about them. But they don't stand in a way of enjoying the taste.

I did try cereal with both half-and-half and heavy cream; I don't remember a lot about them but I seem to recall the former was preferable to the latter. I also think I tried a batch of oatmeal with cream, and enjoyed it. Nice to imagine that the oats would absorb the fat!

I like cream of wheat but don't often have it around the house. I'm not so sure I haven't tried it with one or the other of the above.

I have also had times where I was desperate for a bowl of cereal but out of milk so I just used water. With some cereals it didn't seem to matter; I think it would be best with H2O that had been in the refrigerator for a while. Personally, I like my cereals to be real mushy. I'll let them sit for 10 minutes or so after pouring.

The only viable option here for me as a vegan is to eat guacamole by itself. I’d certainly prefer it on something, but I might take a lick from the container once it was empty (I’d do that with hummus, too).

I actually do drink barista style oat milk as is, and put it on cereal.

I think the only thing I would be willing to do is drink half and half as a beverage. I have made hot chocolate with half and half before because I don't like milk.

A friend told me she ate whole sticks of raw butter when she was pregnant.

None of the above, even once.
I make my own hummus, but always eat it with bread, etc.

If you make your own hummus, that is even more of a reason to try it by itself. Homemade stuff tastes great! Why not try that taste by itself, so you can see how homemade stuff "truly" tastes.

Also have fun with it: compare taste of hummus to the taste of the nuts that you used for it. For that, too, you better try it by itself.

I think the only thing I would be willing to do is drink half and half as a beverage. I have made hot chocolate with half and half before because I don't like milk.

By the way, some beverages they do use half and half in the caffee. So if it is okay to drink half and half with an alcohol, or half and half with hot chocolate, then why is it not okay to drink it by itself?

I think drinking it by itself is so much better because you get to enjoy its rich taste.

A friend told me she ate whole sticks of raw butter when she was pregnant.

I tried it too. I quickly grew tired of it. But I tried my best to get myself to enjoy it by telling to myself that it is like cream and I like cream.

The way I do enjoy butter is on a bread. But it better be unsalted butter. The way I am unconventional with this, is I put a lot more butter than most people.

Last edited:
Only the guacamole. I feel like the other options wouldn't be pleasant for me. No judgement, each to their own. For example, ever tried custard cream biscuits with fish paste on? It works for me.

Or, toast with butter, pumpkin spice jam, smoked salmon, and topped with a little creamed horseradish? I guess I like to combine rather than separate foods.

Only the guacamole. I feel like the other options wouldn't be pleasant for me.

Think of it this way. Whole milk is more pleasant than 2% milk. So think of half and half as "even better than" whole milk in terms of how pleasant it is.

Thats one thing I like about half and half I can think of it in many different ways, depending on my mood. Because half and half is in-between milk and cream. So I can think of it as either rich milk or low dense cream. Here are two things I like to be thinking of when I drink half and half:

a)Its not cream its still milk just a really rich milk. Isn't it kinda cool it is even richer than whole milk? Remember how that one time in Mississippi I had no option but use 2% milk for my cereal and I was unhappy it wasn't a whole milk? Well, now its even better than the whole milk!

b) Wow its not milk its cream. Isn't it kinda cool I am not drinking milk yet having even better deal than milk? In Russian "cream" would be "slivki" which is similar to plum (which is "sliva"), isn't it cook?

Well, since you don't like cream, then I guess "b" for you won't work.

So I recommend you think of "a".

Do you like whole milk better than 2% milk? If so, then the Option a would be one way you can convince yourself to like half and half.

No judgement, each to their own. For example, ever tried custard cream biscuits with fish paste on? It works for me.

Or, toast with butter, pumpkin spice jam, smoked salmon, and topped with a little creamed horseradish? I guess I like to combine rather than separate foods.

Yeah, I definitely like to separate more than combine, so those options won't be particularly enjoyable. But I will try them once, now that you gave me an idea. I want to see how they would be like.

There are examples where I do like to combine. For example, avocado sandwich is better than either bread by itself or avocado by itself. I also like salads. But I don't like combining sweat stuff with salty staff, cause then I can't truly appreciate either.

But I can try. I am curious how various things taste so nothing would stop me from trying.

New Threads

Top Bottom