• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where in the world are you from?

LucyPurrs

NT, INFJ
V.I.P Member
Thought this would be interesting and that we needed something new, :D

Where in the world were you raised and where do you live now (don't mean a specific address here, just a state or country, whichever you are comfortable with)?

Raised in Virginia...though at some point that got stretched all the way to Guam and back and a few states in between, having been born into the US Navy. "Bicoastal" yet now living in Nevada.

Last edited:
Back and forth between Vermont, Quebec, Ontario, New Hampshire in childhood. Presently live in the northern part of Canada.

Last edited:
Raised in Virginia...though at some point that got stretched all the way to Guam and back, having been born into the US Navy. "Bicoastal" yet now living in Nevada.

Always wanted to scuba dive in Guam but didn't get there- closest was Palau in Micronesia (fabulous dive spot BTW)

By the time I turned 11, I had lived in Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, Spain and Peru, so "where I was raised" is kind of complicated (dad was in the oil business). After that, I've lived in North Texas, except during my military enlistment (stationed at Ft. Riley, Kansas).

Always wanted to scuba dive in Guam but didn't get there- closest was Palau in Micronesia (fabulous dive spot BTW)

Back then on Guam you just watch out for the stonefish in shallow waters. Poor Mom...she was a nervous wreck about her kids when we lived there. The boondocks were even worse...with all those Japanese munitions just laying around up until the 60s. Nothing like bringing a live grenade to "show and tell". :eek: Something that actually happened in my older brother's class one day. Not to mention his peers that died in the boondocks. Cases of fatal curiosity. Boys and unexploded munitions...bad combination.

Last edited:
Back then on Guam you just watch out for the stonefish in shallow waters. Poor Mom...she was a nervous wreck about her kids when we lived there. The boondocks were even worse...with all those Japanese munitions just laying around up until the 60s. Nothing like bringing a live grenade to "show and tell". :eek:

Yup I know stonefish well. Got stung by a scorpionfish (Atlantic version of stonefish) in Grand Cayman and was delirious with pain. Took about 3 shots of morphine before I was in tolerable pain. So, getting stung by a stonefish would be beyond awful.

I lived my whole life in the pacific northwest part of the US. That's Oregon, Washington and Idaho. I have traveled all over the world, but I've never lived, takin residents outside those 3 states.

I live in North East England I would say the town but it's meaningless to a lot of people still live in the same town in north east England.
but I feel like people that have moved to different places in between as I've travelled to a few countries so it feels different

I was born in the UK but now am an expat in Greece.

I live in North East England I would say the town but it's meaningless to a lot of people still live in the same town in north east England.
but I feel like people that have moved to different places in between as I've travelled to a few countries so it feels different
It's not meaningless to me, I had family there.

New Threads

Top Bottom