• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where do you find your sense of purpose in life?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Now I am aimless and I am willing to listen to how others are managing to get by.

To those of you who feel a calling - what is that calling and how does it help you build yourself up?

Looking for ideas, so this thread is somewhat selfish on my part.

@ DKs_Ghost My thought exactly!

My purpose in life so far has been to do my best to see each day, week, month, an improvement on the last one. This is enough.

I found my sense of purpose when I started to study the bible with two Jehovah's Witnesses.

I rarely opened the door to anyone, due to social anxiety ( and unknown asd), but something made me open the door and at that time, I was suffering depression, so it was weird for me to actually go to that door and there were two people ie man and woman ( later learned they were husband and wife). They left me with a book ( after finding out that I love to read), called: the knowledge that leads to everlasting life, on a paradise earth. Now, this title intriqued me enough to accept the book, but not enough to want to read it, as I just gathered it was religious properganda and so, put it on a table, but I could not forget it and kept glancing and then suddenly, a sort of: annoyance tut escaped me and I picked it up and barely put it down for two days! After that, I approached my husband and said: I know that I used to not like you talking to those witnesses, but I have changed my mind and would like to study with them and he said: why don't we study to gether and so.....

If it were not for Jehovah in my life, I would not survive this life. I do things now, that I would NEVER do, since I hate meeting new people and speak to new people every day and lol, I, who hate the contraption called a phone. Yet, I phone people and it has actually helped me to answer the phone in general now.

My spiritual family are a huge help. They are so supportive and respect my limitations, which helps me to grow and they said that they know this covid situation has actually be of huge benefit for me.

As of this month, I am now an auxilery pioneer, which means I preach for 50 hours each month and yeah, reached my goal for this month.

So, my purpose is to serve my God, Jehovah and it is fun to do so.

Catholicism gives me a purpose but like most aspies I have a hard time with long-term goals. So in the short term I focus on little goals, and other people. In the long run I keep trying to live better life according to the laws of the church--it's about finding a balance really.

My kids, my homestead and my writing, in that order. I had to hustle hard for years to get myself in the financial position to be able to focus on them. But those years I felt my days were wasted on meaningless crap did get me here, so in the end they turned out to be purposeful too.

I have this thing for finding young (non tweaky) train punks (hobos) and buying them things, or just talking to them, being their friends. I feel like a crazy cat lady, I want to collect them all and take care of them. I've had friends who were train punks, and I just worried so much about them during the months they were gone. Also, I used to be a hitch hiker, and travelled alone 99 percent of the time, so I know what they're up against, and also the joy of traveling free and camping under the stars in the wilderness. I want to make my little patch of the world safe and welcoming for these feral kids.

I’ve been struggling with this lately, so I can’t say that I’ve got anything helpful to add. One thing I do like is creating things, though. Whether it’s a poem or a painting or something else, it makes me feel good to make things. I wouldn’t say that it’s a purpose for my life, though. I’m not sure I’ve figured out my purpose yet.

my main purpose in life for around 50 years has been to understand how the universe works, running out of time, currently is how covid operates. I like big or bigger puzzeles. go big or go home. No place to go retired.

New Threads

Top Bottom