• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When was the last time you had fun, or enjoyed yourself enough to remember it?

Mia

V.I.P Member
Think it was on a cycling trip this past summer or a camping trip where I walked in some really old forests. Or swimming in a nearby river. Or meeting some new people. Can't seem to pick just one.

All day long today. Went to the bank, then went to Walmart. Then fixed some stuff on my car in the freezing cold. Came home, made lunch. Took a nap, then woke up and just kinda laid there for several hours, content to do little besides think. Now it's now.

See, this was all fun for me because I was happy the whole time I was doing it. Fun's a by-product of happiness, as far as I can tell. You won't have fun if you aren't happy to begin with.

----That totally wasn't in the spirit of what you were asking. My point remains valid so I won't delete it, but here's probably more what was intended:

The last time I had fun was when I played Scrabble with my mother and she beat me. I smiled and laughed so hard; nobody beats me at Scrabble. Yet, here I lost, and it's so fun to lose once in a while.

I would have to say spending Christmas day this past Christmas with just my son and I. We had lots of fun together and he started to copy a little dance I do for him, so it was super cute.

Today. I'm taking down the tree and all the decorations and at the same time listening to music which I just HAVE to dance to. I always forget how much fun dancing is even if it's just around the house on my own. :)

science i enjoy, but to create a lasting memorie that i can still visibly view today, then i was about 14 in main at a summer camp when a girl was interested me for the the first and last time. to this day i can still mental look around the scene like i was still there. im 25 now

Summer.

Winter can go jump off a cliff. Into a pit of spikes. Which are on fire. And covered in bees. Laser bees. With little chainsaws. Which are rusty.

More fun will not occur until the cold weather goes back to the hell it came from.

October before it got cold even here in Florida.
Spending the day at a car show in a nudist resort.

Think it was on a cycling trip this past summer or a camping trip where I walked in some really old forests. Or swimming in a nearby river. Or meeting some new people. Can't seem to pick just one.
10 minutes ago laughing two TV presenters

All day long today. Went to the bank, then went to Walmart. Then fixed some stuff on my car in the freezing cold. Came home, made lunch. Took a nap, then woke up and just kinda laid there for several hours, content to do little besides think. Now it's now.

See, this was all fun for me because I was happy the whole time I was doing it. Fun's a by-product of happiness, as far as I can tell. You won't have fun if you aren't happy to begin with.

----That totally wasn't in the spirit of what you were asking. My point remains valid so I won't delete it, but here's probably more what was intended:

The last time I had fun was when I played Scrabble with my mother and she beat me. I smiled and laughed so hard; nobody beats me at Scrabble. Yet, here I lost, and it's so fun to lose once in a while.

I claim you and Fridge as my modern day ASD "Guru's"... I need to learn how to look at LIFE with the vigor and simpleness you display. I get little blips of it and then it leaves... You tend to have it all the time. I admire that when I see it. Never lose what you have. : )

October before it got cold even here in Florida.
Spending the day at a car show in a nudist resort.

Wow at the word pictures that just blistered my brain... What a combination. Flashy cars and naked bodies... I bet black leather seats on those naked butt cheeks is an awakening.

I claim you and Fridge as my modern day ASD "Guru's"... I need to learn how to look at LIFE with the vigor and simpleness you display. I get little blips of it and then it leaves... You tend to have it all the time. I admire that when I see it. Never lose what you have. : )

So you’re saying we’re simple?

Sometimes thoughts don’t need to be resolved, sorted, solved.

Two frenetic squirrels round a tree.
One is your thoughts, one is you.

Observe your thoughts objectively
Don’t chase after them.
Eventually you become calm as the lake , losing the need for a solution.
What man,by thought, can raise one cubit to his stature? As Jesus said.

But hey., most of the time, I’m just as mad as you are @Chance

So you’re saying we’re simple?

Sometimes thoughts don’t need to be resolved, sorted, solved.

Two frenetic squirrels round a tree.
One is your thoughts, one is you.

Observe your thoughts objectively
Don’t chase after them.
Eventually you become calm as the lake , losing the need for a solution.
What man,by thought, can raise one cubit to his stature? As Jesus said.

But hey., most of the time, I’m just as mad as you are @Chance

Simple as in grounded, solid in what you know... Its a compliment I promise : )

The most vivid memory that comes to mind was when I went to London/Brighton in 2013 for about a week with my friend <with benefits>. :D I was in euphoria meeting and keeping contact with a well-known artist and was happy most of the time before we left too. Hope to meet more soon and become famous in the UK myself one day. ;)

I feel happy when ever I solve a problem or have been a help to someone or someone coming to ME for help; that really makes my world shine.

Summer.

Winter can go jump off a cliff. Into a pit of spikes. Which are on fire. And covered in bees. Laser bees. With little chainsaws. Which are rusty.

More fun will not occur until the cold weather goes back to the hell it came from.

Can I steal this? :grinning:

What a nice thing to say, thank you :)

But Fridge said something deep, so I better say something deep too:

If, one by one, you twist your weaknesses into strengths, you won't have to take over the world; it'll already belong to you.

Take that, Confucius ;)

What a nice thing to say, thank you :)

But Fridge said something deep, so I better say something deep too:

If, one by one, you twist your weaknesses into strengths, you won't have to take over the world; it'll already belong to you.

Take that, Confucius ;)

So using that quote, it means if we're in competition its a competition we both win.

A virtous circle

New Threads

Top Bottom