• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

When someone likes clothing you are wearing...

Pink Jazz

...have you ever thought about buying that person that same item?

I think one issue with this is that many clothes that I wear are no longer available. For my father, he did once ask about my pink pelican print shirt and luckily I was able to find one new with tags on eBay last year in his size even though it was a Spring/Summer 2017 item. This year he complimented me in my Spring/Summer 2018 IZOD Premium Essentials Plaid in Fairy Tale, but I can't find any that are new with tags in his size, and I thought about buying him one for Father's Day.

What do you think?

I accept the compliment, but I don’t buy people the same item of clothing. I have given or traded clothes to friends when I know they like an item more than I do.

dog shade.jpg

Sometimes I like something and think it looks good on whoever is wearing it, but it doesn't mean I would want to wear it myself. I think it's a really nice gesture.

After the initial awkward feelings I get being complimented, I say a simple thanks, and then I automatically mention where I bought it.

I do this all the time, even if they don't ask me where I bought it.

I don't remember the last someone complemented me on my clothes.

But if they did, I'd accept and say thanks and that's it. My clothes are part of what makes me unique, and I would rather keep it that way. Unless they liked it enough that they bought it themselves, then I'd feel sort of special but flattered.

I like to be complemented on what I'm wearing but no I'm not going to buy anyone the same clothes I'm wearing.

New Threads

Top Bottom