• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your favorite Disney character?

Winnie the Pooh cast.
A couple of photos from Disney World.
052.JPG

MePooh.jpg

Dinner with Pooh Bear in Magic Kingdom.

It's hard to pick, but my favourite Disney Princess is Sleeping Beauty simply because I love sleeping, and her voice is lovely, and I enjoy her movie. I also love Lilo & Stitch, and Penny Proud from the Proud Family. I also really enjoyed the Encanto movie, so yeah there's my cool taste. I wish there were more laidback characters in Disney, I guess Timone and Pumba kinda count. :p <3

When I was a kid I was obsessed with The Rescuers.

The Rescuers (1977) - IMDb

(Something about talking mice, I guess. I loved Ralph S. Mouse, too.)
Ayy, I watched that movie for the first time recently, nice choice ^^ I enjoyed The Rescuers Down Under because I'm from Australia, although I found it disturbing at times. Overall I liked the first movie more.

Ayy, I watched that movie for the first time recently, nice choice ^^ I enjoyed The Rescuers Down Under because I'm from Australia, although I found it disturbing at times. Overall I liked the first movie more.
Personally I preferred the second movie as the first one seemed to drag a lot (and that flight scene at the beginning of Down Under is amazing), but to each their own.

The man who showed me the importance of accepting an apology:

IMG_20230219_064904.jpg

And I want also mention my wife spirit. When we saw the movie we both (and also my daugther) agreed that my wife soul is this Disney character. The perfect mother:

IMG_20230219_071553.jpg

Last edited:
Don't have a favorite but Mulan probably made the biggest impression on me (aside from Merlin mentioned above -- honorable mention to Archimedes as well). Mainly because it was the first female protagonist that didn't need saving but instead was the hero for once.

Don't have a favorite but Mulan probably made the biggest impression on me (aside from Merlin mentioned above -- honorable mention to Archimedes as well). Mainly because it was the first female protagonist that didn't need saving but instead was the hero for once.

One thing I liked as well about Mulan (the animated version at least) was the fact that she wasn't amazing at everything right off the bat. She started off as unsure of herself, clumsy and needing to work twice as hard just to keep up with the other soldiers - the result of which was that we saw her struggle, fail and get mocked throughout the training (and before).
Needless to say, she persevered, practiced until she got better, sought solutions others had overlooked and got up again every time she was knocked down - growing in confidence and bravery, improving her skills and gaining the respect of her fellow soldiers while remaining humble and not growing a big ego in the process.

It's a nice reminder about the values of determination, hard work and resilience; having the ambition to take on tough challenges and the drive to see them through, regardless of the obstacles/restrictions you have to overcome/work with, which are great lessons for any generation to learn as they will serve you well in later life. After all, just because there will always be someone who will start off better than you in a situation, it doesn't mean that will end that way if you put your mind to it.

The whole "I'll make a man out of you" sequence from the film is one of my favourite moments in any Disney movie as a result, and not just because the song is downright catchy and gets me pumped up:

One thing I liked as well about Mulan (the animated version at least) was the fact that she wasn't amazing at everything right off the bat. She started off as unsure of herself, clumsy and needing to work twice as hard just to keep up with the other soldiers - the result of which was that we saw her struggle, fail and get mocked throughout the training (and before).
Needless to say, she persevered, practiced until she got better, sought solutions others had overlooked and got up again every time she was knocked down - growing in confidence and bravery, improving her skills and gaining the respect of her fellow soldiers while remaining humble and not growing a big ego in the process.

It's a nice reminder about the values of determination, hard work and resilience; having the ambition to take on tough challenges and the drive to see them through, regardless of the obstacles/restrictions you have to overcome/work with, which are great lessons for any generation to learn as they will serve you well in later life. After all, just because there will always be someone who will start off better than you in a situation, it doesn't mean that will end that way if you put your mind to it.

The whole "I'll make a man out of you" sequence from the film is one of my favourite moments in any Disney movie as a result, and not just because the song is downright catchy and gets me pumped up:
Agreed, also that she was considered an oddball and didn't fit into the mold of a proper Asian woman in the community thereby bringing shame, which deeply resonated with me in my own struggles.

The 'decision' scene still gives me chills every time .. the music was unlike others in previous animated movies. Also the end of I'll Make a Man out of You when she uses her brain instead if brawn and at the end when the entire crowd bows down to her.. more Chills.

Agreed, also that she was considered an oddball and didn't fit into the mold of a proper Asian woman in the community thereby bringing shame, which deeply resonated with me in my own struggles.

The 'decision' scene still gives me chills every time .. the music was unlike others in previous animated movies. Also the end of I'll Make a Man out of You when she uses her brain instead if brawn and at the end when the entire crowd bows down to her.. more Chills.
Yeah, "Reflection" and "Mulan's Decision" are great pieces of music:

I think the Emperor said it best; "You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty". :D

I've always had a sweet spot for Disney villains like Hades from Hercules or Scar from the Lion King. Mainly because I find them hilarious haha.

I've always had a sweet spot for Disney villains like Hades from Hercules or Scar from the Lion King. Mainly because I find them hilarious haha.

When it comes to funny Disney villains, I have to choose Ratigan for that one - especially with just how full of himself he is, the fact he presents himself as suave and debonair while committing such horrible acts and how much he seems to be holding back a lifetime of pent up rage, which we don't see until the end of the film where he just goes berserk.
Additionally, his voice actor - Vincent Price - claimed that Ratigan was his favourite role and you can tell; not bad for the rodent equivalent of Professor James Moriarty:

That said, Captain Hook is another funny one - especially his whole schtick at Skull Rock when he fights Peter Pan and then has to get away from Tick-Tock:

I loved Mulan she was my favorite. I love the whole concept of the movie and singing along to the songs. I remember as a kid I would watch that movie so much I would burn the CD and have to get a new one. I would do the same to lion king as well good movie.

As a kid and now I really loved the culture of Mulan and how she went and took her dads place in the war. It was symbolic and encouraging to me as a little girl. It made me feel positive and confident that I could do anything.

Mickey Mouse, as drawn by Dan O'Neil after Disney had bankrupted him for doing a Disney parody. I have not looked at anything Disney since. They said he had taken "too much" of the characters, so he asked if a Mickey with four fingers was OK, or maybe one with the standard three fingers and a realistic rat's head?

New Threads

Top Bottom