• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What’s your favorite beverage

Choose up to 3 :)

• Tea

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Herbal tea

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coffee

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Espresso, or other specialty

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Spring water

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Sparkling water

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Soda, all kinds

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Iced tea

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • fruit juice, all kinds

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • sugar in your beverage

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still drink beer and wine sometimes. Not often though it's not good for you, and I am trying to improve my health

Water with ice has to be super cold. I will also drink sparkling water in the lime or lime cherry flavours or soda but only sprite, sierra mist, ginger ale and very rarely (like every 3-5 years) root beer. Nothing alcoholic as I am underage but also in my limited encounters with alcohol the taste is bad and does very little to me behaviour wise so i don't plan to drink ever really.

Water w/ fresh-squeezed lemon juice

Fresh vegetable juices

Iced matcha tea with a dash of cream

Tea, hot or iced, w/sugar.
Not on the poll,
  • lemonade,
  • of sodas, Sierra Mist w/real sugar.

Last edited:
I still drink beer and wine sometimes. Not often though it's not good for you, and I am trying to improve my health
Well, I have type II diabetis and I can tamp down my blood sugar after meals with a little alcohol. Seems to work as my last A1c was 5.7. Who knew that a G&T (diet tonic) out on the porch could be healthy. But then I think just enjoying the bees, butterflies, and occasional Hummingbird Hawk Moth, in the flowers is pretty healthy.

Those are so cool. :) I miss them, and my Chocolate Mimosa tree they’d visit in the evenings.
That's wonderful! I love watching all the little life, even the small parisitoid wasps on their patrols. I have been managing my property for wildlife of all sorts. Two years ago we were inundated with monarch caterpillars that love the purple milkweed near the pond.

Those are so cool. :) I miss them, and my Chocolate Mimosa tree they’d visit in the evenings.

Lately i am feeling more degeneraye and ignorant. I dont know what those things are. Thete are things i remember from ling ago. Maybe its time to paint a picture of your lost tree and the special moths, @watersprite ? To cherish what was?

Blenheim Ginger Ale for non-alcoholic beverage.

Elysian Space Dust IPA for alcoholic beverage.

I only drink exactly 3 things: Mountain Dew (preferably a fountain drink), milk (2%), and water.

That's it... there's nothing else.

It used to be coffee but I drank so much in university and so strong my stomach got f..ed; GERD or reflux or something like that. Almost a year since I drank my last cup.

During the summer I like Boba tea, smoothies, iced tea, iced coffee, and soda thankyouverymuch.

I really like making a big gallon of iced berry tea without sugar and then mixing it 50/50 with diet lemon lime soda. It makes a tasty, sugar free drink.

I don't drink fizzy drinks much anymore - perhaps 1 or 2 cans a month at most.

When I was a kid and dad bought me my first big bottle of Sunny Delight - I was hooked.

Doesn't taste the same anymore though.

I don't really have a favourite drink. I don't drink enough, and yet I drink too much coffee. Going through a phase of lots of milk and some sugar in my coffee - whereas I used to drink it very strong, black and no sugar.

Coffee just serves a purpose though. It tastes like it belongs in an engine - not a human stomach.

Imagine how much plastic reduction and pollution would be reduced if the only drink we were allowed was water.

Eco-fascism let's go.

My friend always says I've been Tedpilled as I think rights should be removed by force, in order to curb pollution and humanities impact on the world. Then he bought me Ted Kazynski's manifesto for my birthday this month. I didn't even know who he was until I Googled him after receiving the book. Turns out he was a genius, who lived in the woods, then sent letter bombs to people and wrote a spicy manifesto in which he pins humanities downfall on the Industrial Revolution and the aftermath it has wrought on humanity and nature.

As my friend would say - unfathomably based.

But back to beverages - sometimes a cup of tea is nice. But I'm too impatient for hot drinks. I add so much milk to my coffee so I can drink it straight away. I do the same with my tea.

Tango and Fanta are nice, when the mood arises. But, with my tooth sensitivity right now, a fizzy drink sounds like the last thing I need right now.

But a call back from the dentist - that'd be nice. :boar:

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom