• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WHAT'S THIS!? Walmart Has Their Own Gaming PC Brand? It's Good?

IO, functionality, good build quality while being thicker, many parts able to be replaced, good cooling. Actually a lot of more subtle things

$999 for a gaming PC from ASDA?! (What we Brits call Walmart) I'm very sorry but what the heck?!

$999 for a gaming PC from ASDA?! (What we Brits call Walmart) I'm very sorry but what the heck?!

It's an okay price for a PC, but... yeah, from a store like THAT?

I go to Walmart every day. I know how they are. And because of that, I have trouble even fathoming this.

I'm quite familiar with this guy's videos and such though... he does his research, that's for sure. If he of all people is saying these things actually dont suck, then... yeah, that's surprising indeed.

I mean... freaking Walmart. Walmart!

Well...keep in mind that it's Esports Arena that's doing all the "heavy lifting" in this instance.

Walmart is simply putting it on their shelves with their label on it. At least with Esports you're likely talking about MIS motherboards. Could be a decent product.

Truth is a number of Walmart's "house brands" are quite good. But that usually pertains to food and drink. High technology? Well, for one of the world's biggest retailers I suppose this was inevitable.

Last edited:
IMO computers for gaming only for 1000 dollars would be overkill. But usually bigger brands like that seem to rely on marketshare and convinience instead of computers that are actually worth it

Well...keep in mind that it's Esports Arena that's doing all the "heavy lifting" in this instance.

Walmart is simply putting it on their shelves with their label on it. At least with Esports you're likely talking about MIS motherboards. Could be a decent product.

Truth is a number of Walmart's "house brands" are quite good. But that usually pertains to food and drink. High technology? Well, for one of the world's biggest retailers I suppose this was inevitable.

This is Walmart though. It's not just a matter of "oh they have machines that are good now" it's more a matter of "Wait, they have PCs? At all?".

I mean their electronics sections are almost all music/movies/games, and then some cameras. And a rack of phone stuff. And that's... that's it. There's just nothing else. The fact that every Walmart I've ever been to somehow also manages to be near a Best Buy isnt helping this to make any more sense. It's definitely not something anyone ends up associating with the brand.

I mean... are they planning on selling these things on their site only?

This is Walmart though. It's not just a matter of "oh they have machines that are good now" it's more a matter of "Wait, they have PCs? At all?".

I mean their electronics sections are almost all music/movies/games, and then some cameras. And a rack of phone stuff. And that's... that's it. There's just nothing else. The fact that every Walmart I've ever been to somehow also manages to be near a Best Buy isnt helping this to make any more sense. It's definitely not something anyone ends up associating with the brand.

I mean... are they planning on selling these things on their site only?

Yes- it's "just Walmart". Meaning don't get your hopes up about any kind of meaningful sales or product support. If it's located on the premises, you just put the box in your cart and go to the checkout stand. No different than the bottom end desktop and laptop systems they've sold off the shelves for years.

It's Walmart- not Fry's Electronics. Looks like they're simply trying to compete with retailers who sell brands like Alienware. Like Best Buy. Not that big of a deal to me.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom