• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's some ridiculous things you've thought were true?

We've all had those completely ridiculous or "far-out" things we've believed at some point in our life.. right? -- Especially those that cannot understand sarcasm, or other tricky uses of speech. (Oh.. I hate when someone doesn't literally mean what they say)..

So, what is the most ridiculous thing you have ever believed in your life?

I was probably about eight or nine years old and my sister used peanut butter as a substitute for cream cheese on a bagel.. Of course she called myself and my twin brother up to her room (I'm not exactly sure why)... In which case her and a friend of hers told us that their bagels were "speaking" to them... and, of course I believed for quite a while there that bagels with peanut butter magically come to life and spoke. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
I used to believe the mad theory that the late great Bruce Lee's death was caused by evil Ninjas, and not the "official" reason for his death, an allergic reaction to headache pills.

When I was a small child, my older sister told me that the world was about to end because the sky was very red, and I believed her, but I was only 6 years old.
I never believed in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy or storks dropping babies into chimneys or any of the other totally ludicrous things that some parents tell their kids.

When I was a small child, my older sister told me that the world was about to end because the sky was very red, and I believed her, but I was only 6 years old.
I never believed in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy or storks dropping babies into chimneys or any of the other totally ludicrous things that some parents tell their kids.

I was like that as well, I never truly believed in fairy tales like Santa Claus, but I usually pretended to them that I did. -- I primarily did not believe it that because It was easy to figure out after years upon years of being told it, but things that I never heard before (like what I posted above) I use to (and sometimes still do) believe without a second thought. In which I usually only stop believing them after I first-hand test them.

There’s a few types of food which Dutch names sound like animal names. Which is why as a kid I though everyone was eating liquorice made from cats. Also cat bacon and rabbit cheese. The rabbit cheese bothered me the most, because I imagined one would have to milk hundreds of rabbits to make one block of cheese.

Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the Easter bunny, and all the other usual childhood fantasies. Like most kids, I always knew on some level that these creatures did not exist, but my joy and excitement over the holidays associated with them kept me pretending to believe in them. I think there was almost a sense of guilt that if I told my mother that I thought that she was the real Santa Claus, then she would be upset, so I went along with these childhood fantasies until about age 6 or 7.

I used to(when I was very, very young)
believe, that:

People are generally good;

Homo Sapiens is the "noble" species;

Most malicious-seeming acts are
misunderstandings on my part;

There is One person out there, for
everyone;

I will find a mate, and we will be
together forever;

Hard work will make you "rich";

If you are honest, forthright, honorable,
you will prosper materially;

(how much space do I have?)

My observations are wildly inaccurate;

(how much time do I have?)

Your(sic) willful ignorance is as
valid as my knowledge;

to be continued...

It wasn't until a few years ago (and I'm 60) that when I was traveling and saw an "exit only" sign, that it was telling me that if I got off there would not be an entrance to get back on the highway so I would never exit those.

Fruit trees would start growing in your belly and eventually out of your ears if you swallowed fruit seeds. I must admit I was very skeptical of this from the very beginning, but everyone else my age seemed to believe it so I always felt a tiny twinge of fear when I was eating grapes. And a tiny bit of disappointment after eating all those seeds and never getting my own personal tree.

I believed that if I rubbed the sleep (the dry bits that accumulate in the corners of the eyes durring sleep) out of my eyes, I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep.

Fruit trees would start growing in your belly and eventually out of your ears if you swallowed fruit seeds. I must admit I was very skeptical of this from the very beginning, but everyone else my age seemed to believe it so I always felt a tiny twinge of fear when I was eating grapes. And a tiny bit of disappointment after eating all those seeds and never getting my own personal tree.
Lol. Actually I ate an apple seed once and my mom told me an apple tree would grow inside me. I remember close to the time cutting a molar and being afraid it was the seed growing.

Lol. Actually I ate an apple seed once and my mom told me an apple tree would grow inside me. I remember close to the time cutting a molar and being afraid it was the seed growing.

You're not really meant to eat the seeds man.

Your Mother was pulling your leg :D

Fruit trees would start growing in your belly and eventually out of your ears if you swallowed fruit seeds. I must admit I was very skeptical of this from the very beginning...

You were right to be skeptical.

If you'd known the kids that lived on
the same block I did, they could have told
you "The Truth."

Swallow a seed...particularly a watermelon seed...
and you'd have a baby. o_O

That some of the lyrics to The Creedance Clearwater Revival song Bad Moon Rising were "There's the bathroom on the right" :D

New Threads

Top Bottom