1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your mind right now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GrownupGirl, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

True. Though the Supreme Court also has the right not to hear a case presented to them. Happens frequently where they simply throw the case back to the lower court letting the existing precedent stand. Just as in civil courts here, a civil case can be filed, but there's no guarantee it will be tried in a civil court of law.

2. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

The difference between what is thought to be moral, versus what is adjudicated as being legal. The Wayne Burgarello case, the one where as a property owner he shot a squatter on his rental property, allegedly "thinking" he was armed. Which in the eyes of the jury was enough to acquit him of manslaughter.

Breaking the law here, has not only consequences with law enforcement, but also with private citizens as well. Though such dynamics can be quite different in other legal jurisdictions.

3. Slim Jim

Slim Jim goes deep into a hardcover

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. crewlucaa_

crewlucaa_ blissful soul, wild heart V.I.P Member

That movie is The Shape of Water. I made a conscious decision not to go see it, even though it was apparently very good(?)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Forest Cat

Forest Cat Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I watched that movie, it was romantic, sort of. And so weird.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Slim Jim

Judging from poster, it looks like Creature from the black Lagoon, all over again. Interspecie love story. Yawn, not interested. I don't follow Hollywood anymore. Last movie I was excited to see was "the dark Knight." That was 2008. And I was impressionable and young, impressed with the relaunch of my favorite childhood comic book franchise. I'm over the nostalgia now. X-men Apocalypse was last superhero movie I watched. Again for nostalgia reasons. I just don't care about superhero movies anymore. Or movies in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Slim Jim

Haritaki Powder. To buy or not to buy...I'm a sucker for health supplements...
    Supposed to give you vivid/lucid dreams, but tastes really really bad.

8. Slim Jim

Marylin. If it was bobby... or his Brother. He deserved Elm Street Ambush. I have no sympathy. Same With ambassador Hotel. But If it was Jimmy, or Sam, or Even the G-man, who was apparently in the pocket of that group....conspiring, trying to frame him, cause of the investigations...Well....Such a shame...So young. So hot. So messed up. What a waste. Then they deserve what they got.

FYI The photo that made me be curious about this longtime mystery : 22 days before she died.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  9. AprilR

AprilR Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I have achieved to establish boundaries with someone. (hopefully)

10. QueenOfFrance87

QueenOfFrance87 Let them eat tuna! V.I.P Member

The Detroit Zoo stopped searching for the missing joey, which is said to be dead. I feel so bad for the mother wallaby...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. AprilR

I will see an old friend tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Slim Jim

How I had a rare pang of empathy (what I think is empathy????) for a story of some kid who sick...a anecdote told to me.

Woman who talk about dirty things and are amused.

Nurse ratchet, what a character...

13. Forest Cat

May 17th. That's tomorrow and that is our Constitution Day. :D Big day. A lot of things going on tomorrow, it usually looks like this:

17.jpg 18.jpg

18.jpg 19.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slim Jim

Monkey pox...wonderful...just what the world needs

Kate Bush

Natasha Abrahart...what a sad story. I wonder if she was asd but went diagnosed.

Kate Bush

Came across a curious pseudonym used by an certain author...hmnn all makes sense now

Kate Bush

And other stuff...but mostly

Kate Bush

Apparently woman with hyperfeminine features have a cocaine like effect on male brain. Also amber lights released nitric oxide in woman body. Note to self: must get orange clothing.

15. Forest Cat

I was at a gas station the other day, filling up the tank. One of those big gas stations with a big flat roof over the pumps. Drove past that gas station earlier this morning and last night that big roof collapsed, fell down and crushed the pumps!

:eek:

I don't know how that could happen but that's a little unpleasant. I'll bet the drains clogged and there was 100 tons of water on top of it.

Last edited: May 23, 2022 at 6:21 AM
  16. dragonfire42

dragonfire42 Perpetual outsider

Living in my own place, I’ve realized just how constantly everyone and everything has been telling me how defective I am by society’s standards in almost every way. Finally I have significant amounts of time where I’m not being bombarded by those messages. If left alone, I’m the closest I’ve ever been to content. But nobody else is content to leave me be and keep insisting that I should thrust myself back into the line of fire and stay there, when years of trying my hardest and being met with failure after failure suggest that there isn’t any point in doing so (unless I was trying to provoke myself into finally actually killing myself).

• Like Like x 1
  17. AprilR

Just wish it was a possibility to work part time so i can manage my alone time with socialization/work. Don't want to sleep now since i don't want my free time to end

18. grommet

grommet Well-Known Member

Kind of in shock and having trouble believing I finally did something today. For four months I have been trying to figure out how to mail a package. I have been working on it so hard. This last week extra hard and someone at the company I needed to send the package to was nice and understood me and made me a list in order of what I was supposed to do.

Last night I was so worried (I have been scared for months about this) I woke up at 1:15am and could not sleep any more. This morning I went numb and pretended I was not myself and just read the list and did it like a robot. I did everything on the list then the second part was going to a FedEx office which was really hard but I wrote to the clerk on my iPad that I needed to send a package and he understood and helped me.

After so long and being so miserable about having to do this it is hard to believe it is finally over.

So it makes more sense, to explain, it is extremely hard for me to organize things like doing what you need to do to ship a package. All the steps just move around in my head like a snow globe shaken up, I cannot make them stop so I can put them in order no matter how hard I try.

So that is over and I feel some relief but it was really hard.