• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's on your 2018 Gaming/Tech wish list?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
I have a big list this year, but I'll only get about 2 or 3 of the items ticked off if that.

I want...

A 4K TV, Xbox One X, copy of Soul Calibur 6 on Xbox One, 2 2 TB external hard drives and a new camera, and if possible, a second hand PS4 with 2 controllers and a copy of Street Fighter 5.

I know Dad won't buy most of the stuff and I don't have the money to buy it myself except maybe the 1 game.

So anyway, how about you lot? What do you want under the tree on 25.12.18?

Mainly I'm planning to download The Sims 4 Get Famous when it comes out, and I'm thinking of get Super Mario Maker for 3DS for Christmas.
I've more or less decided not to get any more new game consoles after the Wii and Nintendo 3DS. The new systems and their games are just way too expensive. The prices might go down after a while, but by then they'll likely have some new system coming out that will make the previous one obsolete, which is what they always do.:rolleyes:

A second VR headset. Which sounds a little redundant, but...

I have a Rift (a recent pickup along with a new PC), and it's bloody amazing, but the thing can be such a pain sometimes. That bloody wire... I'd like to pick up the Samsung Odyssey to have as a second option for games that support it, when I dont feel like putting up with the Rift's weirdness. That and the Odyssey probably makes room-scale MUCH easier. Room-scale setup with Oculus is... strange. It's like, okay, following the instructions... point the first sensor at the center of my play area... point the second one at Mars... take the third one and duct-tape it to the dog... seriously though the way it works is really odd. I still havent gotten it quite right. SORTA got it, but I know I musta done something wrong, even in that huge basement it's clearly not grabbing enough, cant walk all that far before that blue Tron barrier is in my face.

It does occur to me that I'm likely not making a whole lot of sense here.

Other than that, uhhh... er... another drone and/or RC thing maybe? I dunno. I usually dont think this stuff out very well. As an impulse buyer I tend to just grab stuff the moment I think of it, rather than wait... but one of those headsets requires a trip to the Microsoft Store, which is in an area I have trouble getting to on my own. Same with the hobby store that sells drone/RC related stuff. I can only deal with so much bloody stupid traffic on my own. I'm used to roads that go alongside farms and stuff.

Any day now the unending questions from my mom about all this will begin. She'll ask "WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS/BIRTHDAY" (as my bDay is early december) at least 7000 times before either day gets here.

I don’t get Christmas gifts. However, I hope I’ll get a big enough financial bonus at work this year to buy myself an HTC Vive.

an Xbox One,along with 5 other games.my brother tells me that in order to play it,i need a hi-def tv screen.he's probably telling me all this because the screenplay looks better on it,and that is why he suggested that i get the nintendo switch instead.

an Xbox One,along with 5 other games.my brother tells me that in order to play it,i need a hi-def tv screen.he's probably telling me all this because the screenplay looks better on it,and that is why he suggested that i get the nintendo switch instead.

Nintendo Switch sucks.

Seriously no one over 12 cares about endless Pokemon or Mario games.

I need broadband/WiFi and I might try to get a laptop for stuff that isn't easy on the pphon.. like typing, lol. :tearsofjoy:
Other than my amp, thats it. :)

There are several games I plan to get for Christmas. Red Dead Redemption 2, Fallout 76, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Surviving Mars, and Gears of War 4. I hear in 2019 they are going to come out with a whole bunch of good games including another Halo.

I wouldn't mind trying out PS VR, there's about 2 games I want to play on it though so I can't justify spending the best part of 500 quid on a PS4 and the PS VR equipment and the 2 games, even if I had the money, and I don't.. Not that Dad would let me spend 500 quid on gaming if I did.

Well, after years of planning I'm building a PC, last week with early deals in my country I went for the mobo (Asus Strix X470 F), AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 8GB ram Corsair. Tomorrow I will buy the monitor, MSI GTX1060 and new keyboard and mpuse.

Nintendo Switch sucks.

Seriously no one over 12 cares about endless Pokemon or Mario games.
Dude, Nintendo is for ALL ages. Heck, they've even promoted more M-rated games like Bayonetta, Skyrim, and even frigin' DOOM for the switch! Plus the Switch also has Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, which is more targeted towards teens and fans of hardcore RPGs.

Husband surprised me with a Nintendo 3DS already loaded with Animal Crossing new leaf.

I’m mayor of the town (suits me) and made something like 900,000 town currency over several days.

I’m not really techie minded or ‘game’ at all but can barely put this thing down.
Major dopamine hits.
The Professor Layton series games look interesting.

My mother downloaded The Sims 4 Get Famous for me on Wednesday and I've been playing the heck out of it, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting any 3DS games for Christmas.

When one of my Sims joined the acting career and started becoming famous she developed a celebrity quirk where she becomes tense if other Sims she isn't close friends with touch her or invade her space. I thought, "awesome, now it's like she's a real aspie".:laughing:

Dude, Nintendo is for ALL ages. Heck, they've even promoted more M-rated games like Bayonetta, Skyrim, and even frigin' DOOM for the switch! Plus the Switch also has Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, which is more targeted towards teens and fans of hardcore RPGs.

Ya know, the really funny part about that whole "OMG Nintendo is for kiddies" crap that some people like to spout is what the fan community for games like Pokemon are ACTUALLY like.

I've met many, many people now, who are into the Pokemon series in various ways. Damn near all of them are around my age. Come to think of it, every friend of mine (that arent PC-exclusive gamers) are into it. Mario fans in particular also tend to be older.

And that's not even counting things like the competitive side of Pokemon, or absolutely everything about Smash and it's community.

But yeah, seriously, ALOT of Nintendo's fans are adults. Even those that werent around for the glory days.

Which would explain why there's always about 10 billionty Pokemon-related things found in vendor halls at anime conventions (events usually not attended by kids, for all sorts of reasons. Pretty much all adults at those, but the Pokemon stuff is ultra popular).

What annoys me about the Pokemon games on the handhelds is that each new "colour/generation" of the game is basically the exact same game as before except with maybe a few new Pokemon added, yet they have the cheek to charge £35-40 a pop for it.

And that, is what I hate about Nintendo. OK you could argue that I'm a hypocrite for buying WWE games on Xbox every year which are basically the same core game with more characters and a few "new" modes tagged on, bur at least those games aren't childish, they have a teen or above rating.

Last edited:
What annoys me about the Pokemon games on the handhelds is that each new "colour/generation" of the game is basically the exact same game as before except with maybe a few new Pokemon added, yet they have the cheek to charge £35-40 a pop for it.

And that, is what I hate about Nintendo. OK you could argue that I'm a hypocrite for buying WWE games on Xbox every year which are basicallu the same core game with more characters and a few "new" modes tagged on, bur at least those games aren't childish, they have a teen or above rating.

Dude, I dont know why you always go on about things being "childish". You seem to think there's some badge of honor in things having that "mature" rating. Which... no. Just no. If anything, sticking *only* to games with high violence/guns/blood/swearing/whatever just to say "look how mature I am" is actually really juvenile. No, seriously. It's like that kid that tries over and over again to sneak into R-rated movies, not because the movie is actually good, but because the kid thinks "that's what adults do" while totally missing the bloody point. And probably while missing out on some actually good movie that's down the hall.

Methinks you have quite a bit yet to learn about what "mature" actually means. Hell, the way you're thinking about it isnt even the way the rating itself works. It's not meant to tell you what the intent of the content is. The ratings are meant to tell PARENTS if there's anything *potentially* objectionable in there so they can make a decision. The rating isnt meant for you if you arent a parent. Is exactly why most gamers literally dont even look at them, because why would they need to? Either the game in question looks interesting, or it doesnt... that's usually how people (who arent buying for their kids) view these.

Also, your arguement against Pokemon makes no sense and just proves that you dont know the games. When they make a new one they add:

1. ALOT of new creatures. Not like 10 or 20. Try 100 or more. All of which need full animation and sound, and usually ways to interact with them outside of mere combat. The work that must go into each one is staggering.
2. Entirely new map. That's full level/area design and balancing, every area of the game (if it's not a remake, and even a remake has it's own list of things that need doing)
3. New moves. And this is a series with hundreds of moves for each type. All of these need full animation and sound. New moves must be balanced while considering ALL of the already existing ones.
4. New items. I shouldnt need to explain this one.
5. All new story/dialogue/characters/whatever Okay seriously I dont need to explain that one either, right?

I could go on and on here... note, I've actually played the series. As a *mature* adult, I'll play what I bloody well want to, after all. And as someone with actual game development experience I can tell you right now: The games warrant their price tag. Way more than many AAA games do, that's for freaking sure.

If you want games that DO just release the same thing over and over, go and either play sports games, or fighting games (with some exceptions, of course). They're really the only genres that get away with it right now. Oddly, the big publishers arent that interested in repeated releases (yet). They're interested in microtransactions. So outside of those two genres, you dont actually see true copy-paste content very often.

New Threads

Top Bottom