• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What were all the cell phones that you owned?

Pink Jazz

I would like to know, what were all the cell phones that you owned?

My first phone was a Nokia 3620, a Symbian S60 based candybar phone. I had this one for a few years

My second phone was a Nokia N75, a Symbian S60 flip phone.

My third phone was a Nokia 6650 fold, a more compact Symbian S60 based flip phone.

My fourth phone was a BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300, a QWERTY phone.

My fifth phone was a BlackBerry Torch 9810, a QWERTY/touchscreen slider phone.

My sixth phone was the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 based on Android. I have stuck with the Galaxy Note series ever since.

My seventh phone was the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

My eighth phone was the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

My ninth and current phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

I had a flip phone, then a square phone, then a circle phone, then Iphone 5s, and now Galaxy Note 8. :)

Blows my mind that people can recall details like that.

When I think back on it, it's like.... I had that thing, and then later got the other thing, and... uh... a third thing? I dunno, was that the one I threw at the wall? Or was that the 4th thing? What thing are we at again? 6?

Gotta say though, I've never liked cell phones. Usually outright hated them. Unreliable hunks of junk.... I currently have an iphone of some sort. It mostly gets used as a flashlight and a magical talking map.

I'm not too sure what kind of phone it was, but all I know is it was an old flip phone on my Aunties. Might've been a Motorola? My next phone was a Telus flip phone that my dad no longer used, then I believe I got my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, and am currently using my Samsung Galaxy S7. I'm looking to try and upgrade to the Google Pixel 3a sometime in the New Year after my current Tab is paid off.

I had a flip phone, then a square phone, then a circle phone, then Iphone 5s, and now Galaxy Note 8. :)
I had a sort of curved phone with an aerial that you pulled out ( Motorola that was 1997),then a Nokia no aerial ,then another Nokia all metal , then an Alcatel qwerty, Samsung small phone touchscreen , Motorola touchscreen big ,Now Nokia 1+ phone, there’s also Skype on the iPad sort of blows my mind, don’t want to use FaceTime .

I first got a cell phone in the early nineties. It was supplied by my employer,as were all my phones until I retired in 2008. After that I bought my own phones, but I really do not recall what brand any of them were. Currently, I have a flip phone but the only name on it is the name of the phone company. My wife has had I-phones for the last 12 years or so and currently has a I-phone 11.

My first phone was a Nokia 3620, a Symbian S60 based candybar phone. I had this one for a few years

My third phone was a Nokia 6650 fold, a more compact Symbian S60 based flip phone.

My sixth phone was the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 based on Android. I have stuck with the Galaxy Note series ever since.

your memory is like a steel trap

I'm one of those rare perverted freaks who has never had a cell phone. My social media membership consists of autismforums.com. I do have Facebook, but only use it to sign on to certain other web sites; my friend count totals 0

My favorite was the phone with the mini keyboard that slid out from behind it.

Never owned one.

Yes, you can probably look me up in the Guinness Book of World Records. :p

But at my age I should probably get something simple just for traveling purposes. After all, public telephones are not so easy to find any more. I probably will if my most basic expenses stop skyrocketing. :eek:

Last edited:
My first one was Nokia and a very simple phone. My second was a Nokia too, which was a slight upgrade from the first one and then, the next one: samsumg and the one I have is a samsung core prime.

I would love to upgrade, but no finances to achieve that.

My mum's old Alcatel, was my first. I got teased a lot due its massive size. Thereafter only nokias, about 3 or 4, usually once my sister got tired of them and gave it to me. The exact names (or numbers) they were called, I can't remember.

My first smartphone was a Nokia Lumia, and then my sister's Samsung Galaxy something, and now I have a Huawei. I've always preferred Windows smart phones, but can't afford the one I want. I keep a phone for safety reasons and no more. I've never had more than a handful of contacts on any one phone, and very rarely communicated with friends on them. I don't use social media on it, and if it were not for needing a means of communication in a possible emergency, I would be one of those rare people who never used them.

Some old Nokia with that black-green screen, some less old Nokia with colour screen, another Nokia after my mum, some touch screen Nokia after my brother (what's with all the Nokias, really), some touch screen Samsung again after my brother, my own Samsung Grand something (never again) and now my amazing Xiaomi Mi 9T.

Never owned one.

Wait, really? Never ever? It's not a joke?

Wah, for some reason it blew my mind. These days it always feels like everyone including my five-year-old neighbour has a phone :O

Wait, really? Never ever? It's not a joke?

Wah, for some reason it blew my mind. These days it always feels like everyone including my five-year-old neighbour has a phone :O

No joke.

Not everyone was born in an era where a cellphone or an SUV was mandatory. I still remember television only in black and white, and when phones only had rotary dials and weren't portable at all. When I had only a sliderule rather than a calculator.

When your father took tv tubes to the grocery store to test before referring the matter to a repairman. ;)

When most "computers" were mostly just science fiction. :eek:

No joke.

Not everyone was born in an era where a cellphone or an SUV was mandatory. I still remember television only in black and white, and when phones only had rotary dials. When I had only a sliderule rather than a calculator.

When your father took tv tubes to the grocery store to test before referring the matter to a repairman. ;)

To be honest, that's fascinating. We really take everything for granted nowadays, huh?

To be honest, that's fascinating. We really take everything for granted nowadays, huh?

LOL. I'm apt to think that's more of a generational thing.

I took a lot of things for granted as well, which my depression-era parents sternly pointed out. ;)

Me: "So did you have a phone that you had to crank to start?"
Mom: "What phone? We couldn't afford one!"

Maybe one has to go beyond the industrial revolution to find different generations with a similar outlook. o_O

Last edited:
LOL. I'm apt to think that's more of a generational thing.

I took a lot of things for granted as well, which my depression-era parents sternly pointed out. ;)

Me: "So did you have a phone that you had to crank to start?"
Mom: "What phone? We couldn't afford one!"

Maybe one has to go beyond the industrial revolution to find different generations with a similar outlook. o_O
It depends on your finances ,we didn’t have a phone in the house till 1982 ,before then we went to the phone box .

Never !!!saw people walking into lampposts ,nobody had a mobile phone, you didn’t hear people sitting in their cars sounding like they were trawling for votes because the phone was so loud .
There were people where we lived that didn’t have a phone for years after us and would come to us to use it ,we still went to the phone box !when we had a phone in the house.

I had no intention of going all the way home to ask my mam what bread she wanted !if they didn’t have her usual.
Leaving the street I lived in ,going to a shopping centre !was like going to a public court to be condemned to death .

We never had a car used the buses ,trains, when my mam was a girl only the doctor had a car ,She would sit on the main road with a friend picking out the tarmac( asphalt ).
I keep wondering now !if peoples legs are going to change because they drive a car so often ,like the strange dead looking man in the scotch video tape commercial , Who had an extra long finger to press the remote control .

Don't own a cellphone, husband and I had one for work, now no longer. Both of us consider them too invasive and annoying. We think of them as if we were dogs attached to a leash. Were the dogs, and were leashed to a phone, continually on call at the other end.
images

The first I owned was a Nokia 3310 without a SIM card.
Revived a Nokia 5140 a few years later for my birthday.
Then only used cheap Chinese phones until 2016.
Bought a Samsung Galaxy A3 in 2016 that I accidentally bricked 6 months later. (Why don't Samsung have factory images on their pages?)
And finally the Nexus 6P with LineageOS that I still use today.

Don't own a cellphone, husband and I had one for work, now no longer. Both of us consider them too invasive and annoying. We think of them as if we were dogs attached to a leash. Were the dogs, and were leashed to a phone, continually on call at the other end.
images
Very true! For a minute, I thought this was your new dog. It’s a very cute picture.

New Threads

Top Bottom