• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What unconditional love means to me

That someone would take the punishment for everything everyone ever did or would do, and bore that on the cross. He conquered it, and rose again. If anyone will accept that, they get to live forever with Him in Heaven as a saint, the bible says we will reign with Christ
That's pretty heavy.

That's my definition of unconditional love.

To me it means that you accept and value someone as they are -- the good and the bad. It means that you stick with them through difficult times in your relationship with them (whatever kind of relationship it is), that you love them and see/look for the good in them even when they don't live up to your expectations.

I think my idea of 'unconditional love' is pretty much aligned with yours. It's to appreciate and encourage someone in their strengths and not to try to change things that a person has no control over (so long as it's not a damaging action). It's just to accept someone as they come and support them to be the best person they can be, even when things get hard or difficult. Have no expectations and never discourage a dream if you don't agree with it.

Thanks for sharing!

Great video, thanks. Yes that's a good take on unconditional love. It's quite a hard thing to offer, and only comes from a parent, really. Partners tend to expect reciprocal love, fair enough in adult relationships. People love their partner and make allowances for their partners downsides, within reason, and get the same in return. Interesting topic!

New Threads

Top Bottom