• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What type of underwear do you wear?

What is your choice of underwear?

• Boxer briefs (men’s)

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Tighty whities cotton (men’s/women’s)

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Boxers (men’s)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Boyshort (women’s)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Commando

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other/combination

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Michael Balog

V.I.P Member
So this question started on the chat this morning cause some people have different sensory issues with clothing and such. So I decided to start a poll and see where I stand on my choice of under garments, boxer brief btw cause I like the pressure from the material. So fill out your choice and leave a comment if your up to it.

I'm with Bridget Jones on this one, Big pants. Cotton. No lace of any kind, ick!

l am feeling slightly violated about this. Maybe it's old age. It's size small. Whatever l wear. Can we discuss socks? That feels less intrusive.

Tighty whites. If you buy the right size and the right brand, they are not at all like a cheap hotel.

As for socks, all black that go up over the calf. I have water retention issues and these socks help.

I have more an issue with the material texture they're made in. Lace is unwearable. I don't know what they were thinking about when inventing such a texture. Can't stand bras either, and they even put metal inside them. A torture instrument if you want my opinion.

What underwear? Under where?

One morning back when I had a job, I got up, dressed--or so I thought. I got my wallet and my car keys--all that and put it in my jacket. Then I filled my fountain pen and put it in my shirt. Then I took my cap from the bed post, finished my coffee, and put on my combat boots.

Walking out the door I looked down & realized I was wearing striped long-handle pyjamas below. I ran to the kitchen and got my jeans. Then I tried to pull them on, but they hung up on my boots. (Think WWII American pattern boots with heavy soles.) And now there I was on the kitchen floor. Stood up & fell over. Had to get scissors & cut my pants off, leaving me in my long-handles again, looking for more pants. Then I got my boots off, finally, found pants, put them on over the much-too-evident striped pyjamas, and ran out and drove to work in the car.

And that evening I came home wondering why I was sweating so badly and realized I was still wearing those pyjamas.

Can't stand bras either, and they even put metal inside them. A torture instrument if you want my opinion.

I don’t know how other guys can wear neck ties all day, anything tight around my neck is horrible to me. And tighter jeans squash certain man parts for me. But I would never want to wear a bra because the look like they’d constantly rub and be super sweaty and irritating in the summer

But oh my goodness some Victorian women’s clothes. Corsets, choking your neck and insane amount of clothes to wear in the summer

Google Image Result for https://www.fashion-era.com/images/Victorians/1895tailmarb.jpg

Only underwear/ panties I can stand are micro fiber Hi-cuts.

And bras are impossible. I'm large chested and the ones that fit have metal in them.
I don't like the hooks closures either. But, everything else such as sports bras, strapless,
one piecers, are just too small around.
Found a couple of narrow tube tops that are good, but, can't find anymore.

I have searched on-line for special needs bras and haven't found anything.
Would think there should be someplace with sensory issue clothing.

I don’t know how other guys can wear neck ties all day, anything tight around my neck is horrible to me. And tighter jeans squash certain man parts for me. But I would never want to wear a bra because the look like they’d constantly rub and be super sweaty and irritating in the summer

But oh my goodness some Victorian women’s clothes. Corsets, choking your neck and insane amount of clothes to wear in the summer

Google Image Result for https://www.fashion-era.com/images/Victorians/1895tailmarb.jpg
The reason for the clothes and wigs (even for men) in that era was due to widespread syphilis at the time.
syphilis Archives - Dr Lindsey Fitzharris

I have to wear fitted underwear after a prolonged bout of epididymitis which was then diagnosed as chronic. It flares up a couple of times a year and I found if I wear tight fitting boxer briefs it provides the most pain relief.

In fact I had an ultrasound last Wednesday and I'm seeing a consultant urologist next week. Fun times. If it's anything like last time it'll be the usual - I have pain, no other symptoms - no possible solution to my problem.

This consultant spoke to me on the phone and didn't seem that engaged or convinced when I said most of my pains are psychosomatic.

Ed

New Threads

Top Bottom