• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What things do you have trouble doing?

Aidan49

For me it is these things:

Social interaction

Small talk

Money management

Dealing with new situations

Accepting criticism

Controlling emotions

Time management

Obsessions

Compulsions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure there are others. But that is all I can think of at the moment.

anxiety (general and social)
controlling emotions (i can get upset easily. or when I get excited about something I get REALLY excited to the point I make myself sick)
obsessions (I think about one or two things only, I talk about one or two things only. I drive other people crazy about these two things only)
change/new situations (I don't like when things are different, or not knowing what to expect)
remembering things (I forget things easily, I have to think about it over and over just to remember it)

1 Constant anxiety
2 Social anxiety
3 Starting things (procrastination)
4 Continuing with things that I find boring or stopped for some reason - going back to no. 3.
5 Making phone calls as well - a huge problem
6 Expressing my thoughts verbally
7 Expressing my opinion

Many other detailed things.

Virtually all you have stated, accept for money management. I am the accountant in my marriage.

Terrible trouble with emotional control ( just saw that and thought: ah, yes, that is me too).

Have to take meds for anger issues.

I also have trouble expressing my thoughts verbally, but am getting a little better and that is probably due to the fact that I now know what is going on.

My mind seems to decide on what it wants to think. No matter how much I talk to myself positivily, it will intrude with a negative thought that causes a rush of panic to wash over me.

Social interaction: keeping a conversation going, small talk, participating in group conversations, picking up on social cues, understanding social dynamics and the dynamics of relationships.

Inability to connect to people.

Anxiety, in particular social anxiety.

Sudden changes: cancellations, changes to plan and 'surprises' that involve a change of plan. Situations where a suden change of tack is required/expected.

Emotions. Controling my own emotions, knowing how to deal with/react to other people's emotions. Reciprocating emotions, understanding complex emotions. Talking about own emotions.

In the past more than now, compulsions from certain interests/obsessions.

Accepting criticism. That has been constant my entire life. However, l am working on it being positive instead of slamming me down. Goes back to childhood. Controlling emotions has improved since coming here. :) Social interaction mostly good unless l am backwards, like no coffee, lost on the planet of humans where l need a GPS to navaigate out of my rectumsphere because l just feel lost. lol

Communicating with people who are vague . You know , the people that use he , she or it three or more times in a sentence each time referencing a different person AND YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT . Talk about crazy making .

New Threads

Top Bottom