• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What STUPID things that people do really annoy you?

Aspieistj

OK, so NTs are normal and Aspies are weird. Please explain how a "normal" person can set his watch or clock X number of minutes ahead so he won't be late? How can he not immediately realize when he looks at said clock that the real time is NOT what the clock says? Furthermore, hiw does someone who does this avoid being considered the real weird person? :S

Trust me, there are plenty of things they do, enough for me to want to start a thread on the imperfection of NTs.

For example, they are worse than you expect at handling money. An example would be that our company once sent a client a cheque for several thousand dollars. Five years later, they tried to cash it - something you can't normally do once the cheque is six months old.

Another is ultra-destructive house parties. I might be neglectful of my place, but I don't go out to destroy things here.

Is thriftyness an Aspie thing? I try very hard never to use cash. I use a credit for purchases even smaller than a dollar, if allowed to do so. I never overspend and always pay the credit card balance in full at the end of the month. I am retired and my house and car are paid for so I can always avoid interest charges. If I needed something like a different house or car I would have to use credit but these are the only purchases I would consider buying on credit. Almost every cent I spend is on the card, I never pay interest, and I enjoy the cash back rewards. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were throwing away money on interest. I used to laugh at my mother in law. She would get up early to get to a good sale, shove to the front of the line with her elbows flying, buy all kinds of stuff she didn't need, and then "make payments" for months while she bragged at how much monet she saved.

I just wanted to mention that I decided to take out "NT" from the title of this thread and replace it with "people." I don't think it's what anyone who has posted in this thread was intending to do, but on this forum, but we have strict policies on this forum against NT-bashing/AS-supremacy, which a thread like this could very easily devolve into.

I don't have a problem with people discussing things that other people do that they consider stupid, I would just prefer that it stay focused on people's actions, not their neurological wiring or on ways that different types of neurological wiring are supposedly better or worse.

I cannot stand when people decide to talk to me about inane things I don't care about. I'll be checking them out and they're going on and on and on about their personal details and lives...and I don't care! All I can think about is that they smell weird or they're leaning too close in, or they have a spot on their face...UGH!

I just wanted to mention that I decided to take out "NT" from the title of this thread and replace it with "people." I don't think it's what anyone who has posted in this thread was intending to do, but on this forum, but we have strict policies on this forum against NT-bashing/AS-supremacy, which a thread like this could very easily devolve into.

I don't have a problem with people discussing things that other people do that they consider stupid, I would just prefer that it stay focused on people's actions, not their neurological wiring or on ways that different types of neurological wiring are supposedly better or worse.

In fact, in some of these cases we don't actually know whether the person was NT or AS. And we shouldn't assume that the person is NT just because they did something foolish or annoying-That would be us acting stupidly!!

Overall obliviousness or lack of application of common sense. DO NOT get me started. UGHHHHH. :stomp: Oh and immaturity is horrible as well.

Two things (out of probably thousands):

1) The abrupt changing of 'people's' worldview when joining with a group. Independent thought tends to evaporate.

2) The ability to change past events (or perhaps the meaning of past events) over time depending on the circumstances. I, and most AS folks, have an good memory. I have learned to just go with the flow on this but it's still annoying.

I don't know whether these people have bad memories or simply will them to change - but that's another conversation.

One thing that gets me is when someone is telling me something and branch off on to about 20 different subjects before they finish talking about the original thing they were saying, that is if they remember it!

I feel like it's the Aspies who are normal, and the "normal" people who are either weird or stupid. It seems like exactly what from my point of view.

My mum does this - what I ABSOLUTELY ABSOLUTELY HATE, is people who answer completely different questions from the one you asked, for example if I said "When will <so and so> be done?" and my mum says "We're really busy doing this and this". HOW IS THAT AN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION!?!?!? IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH!

Last edited:
One thing that gets me is when someone is telling me something and branch off on to about 20 different subjects before they finish talking about the original thing they were saying, that is if they remember it!

Hate that or when the people are interupted and start talking about other stuff.

1. When I tell people of my condition and they talk to me like I am deranged.

2. When classmates act like "sheep" and follow each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are so many. One is the concept of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc. My mom has tried to explain it to me many times. She says that young people need to have an imagination; to have a sense of magic and illusion. This is poppycock. Poppycock! If I ever have kids, I am telling them outright that these things DO NOT exist.

2. When classmates act like "sheep" and follow each other.

Yeah i have a group of friends and individually they are really cool but when they are all together they just follow eachother and butt lick eachother and i just end up walking off.

When they tell me to stop doing Aspie related things that annoy them, telling me that I can easily stop it if I wanted to.

When people talk about you and gang up against you behind your back without you knowing because they're offended by Aspie related traits that they fail to understand at all (this has happened to me in the workplace).

When I was younger (a long time ago) at school, when you're bullied and made fun of because you're different (I was sent to a normal school against expert advice and had a very hard time there).

I'm annoyed by people who blast music annoying others (I personally can't cope with hearing it), they often don't care what they're doing to upset people and will do it all the worse if there are complaints (or even worse they will start trouble). Other antisocial behavior also annoys me, including drinking and shouting stupid things Etc, thinking they're so clever when they're so pathetic. I wish other people would just leave me in peace alone most of the time.

People's lack of respect for others these days, I'm not saying everyone, but there are too many people who have grown up not to respect others. I like old people generally as they usually still have old respect values for others.

Last edited:
One thing I hate is if I'm on public transport and some stranger starts up a conversation about football (soccer). I hate the way some football fans seem to automatically think that I'll be interested in what they have to say about it. To me football is one of the most boring things in the world. I would never dream of starting a conversation with a stranger about British medieval history or the history of British railways both of which are subjects that fascinate me.

I hate when people I don't know talk to me, like at a store or on a line. I don't know you and don't want to, leave me alone.

Touchy people bother me too!

Is thriftyness an Aspie thing? I try very hard never to use cash.
I don't have or use a credit card but I don't like having money and will try and spend it as soon as I get some just to get rid of it. I find it confusing for some reason, my maths skills are good but as soon as a ? sign is involved I get lost. Once living costs are out of the way I just spend whatever is left on Blu-rays or books.

I can't stand it when people babble. My husband does this sometimes and it drives me up the wall! If I'm going through a quiet spell, he thinks he needs to fill the silence by talking about anything and everything and it just makes me withdraw more.

Times.
I don't mind if it's only approximate but when people invite me to do things I ask for a time. I get all sorts of non-answers:
. "In the morning"
. "When I get back"
. "When we're ready" *shudder*
How on earth are you supposed to work with these? Would we be going at all if we weren't ready to go?!!
Then of course when you're not ready on time for the time that you weren't given, they act surprised!
It's a straight forward question....why is it so difficult for people?

New Threads

Top Bottom