• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What shows did you love watching growing up

N64boy96

I personally don't think Disney and Nick will be as good as they were in the 90's and early 2000's. Shows are so cheesy these days.
My favorites were SpongeBob, Family Guy(before it turned stupid), rugrats, All Grown Up, As Told by Ginger, Danny Phantom, Drake & Josh, Chalk Zone, Lizzie McGuire, Phil of the Future, Suit life of Zach and Cody

You Can't Do That On Television and endless, endless, endless Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

I'm going to date myself terribly here but, I used to love The Hardy Boys, BJ and The bear, Dukes of Hazzard and, Battlestar Galactica (pre Galactica 1980.) I saw them all, first run, used to have a crush on Dirk Benedict, but only because he was born in the same town I was born in.

Apparently, when I was just a pup on the shores of the Chesapeake bay, I would watch David the Gnome religiously. I did retain a few vague memories of it, and when I found it again on youtube a few years ago it was just as good.

As an older child, I also watched Invader Zim, some other cartoons including SWAT Cats, but those apparently left less of an impression. When I found my niece watching SWAT Cats recently I was surprised that I had forgotten about it completely. I've got the complete Zim series on DVD, though!

Apparently, when I was just a pup on the shores of the Chesapeake bay, I would watch David the Gnome religiously. I did retain a few vague memories of it, and when I found it again on youtube a few years ago it was just as good.

As an older child, I also watched Invader Zim, some other cartoons including SWAT Cats, but those apparently left less of an impression. When I found my niece watching SWAT Cats recently I was surprised that I had forgotten about it completely. I've got the complete Zim series on DVD, though!

If you grew up on the Chesapeake, do you remember Stu Kerr, Pete the Pirate, Royal Parker, Capt. Cheaspeake or Rhea Feiken and J.P. (Before Rhea moved over to MPT from WBAL-TV), or are you not old enough to remember these local stars?

If you grew up on the Chesapeake, do you remember Stu Kerr, Pete the Pirate, Royal Parker, Capt. Cheaspeake or Rhea Feiken and J.P. (Before Rhea moved over to MPT from WBAL-TV), or are you not old enough to remember these local stars?

Sorry, if I had bothered to look at your profile, I would have realized you're a bit younger than me, although, if you watched channel 52 at any time during your childhood, you got to see Stu Kerr in action, hosting a cartoon show, with his character doing a takeoff of CMDR Riker from Star Trek:TNG. FWIW, WMAR-TV did Stu a big dis-service when station management showed him the door, after 48 years with them. (Personally, Perfesser Kool and His Fun Skool that ran on WMAR in the late '60 through the mid 70's was his best work.)

Anyone remember that mind **** Amie and Dexter on Nick Jr. And that face that used to the mascot. Blues clues

Sorry, I don't think I was old enough. I barely remember watching The Little Mermaid and The Fox and the Hound. (Fox and the Hound, by the way,is an adorable movie, and it's just as good in German)

I loved to watch documentaries and Disney movies. My favorite had to have been The Little Mermaid and the documentary called Mount Kilimanjaro. I watched that documentary five times through on five different mornings. All those mornings in a row.

I alluded to a few local kid shows from Baltimore I watched as a kid. Living in South Central PA, I also got to watch shows from Lancaster and Philadelphia, in addition to Baltimore. The was Marijane Landis, who was one of the pioneers of Central PA Television, who hosted Slapstick Theater, Percy Platypus and Friends and Sunshine Corners on WGAL. Sadly, she passed away shortly before Christmas 2015 at age 85. Also, John McIlnery, who was the news department at WGAL until about 40 years ago, passed away earlier this week at the age of 89.

As for Philadelphia Kid shows, other than Dick Clark and American Bandstand on what is now WPVI, there was Sally Starr and Chief Halftown on WPVI, Wee Willie Webber on WPHL, Gene London and Pixanne on WCAU, and Capt. Noah on what is now WTXF.

I personally don't think Disney and Nick will be as good as they were in the 90's and early 2000's. Shows are so cheesy these days.
My favorites were SpongeBob, Family Guy(before it turned stupid), rugrats, All Grown Up, As Told by Ginger, Danny Phantom, Drake & Josh, Chalk Zone, Lizzie McGuire, Phil of the Future, Suit life of Zach and Cody

I completely agree with you, tv now isn't great. And almost all of the shows on your list I loved too! I also loved the Fairly OddParents, Ed Edd n Eddy, Codename: Kids Next Door, Powderpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Winx Club, Dragon Tales, Arthur, and Totally Spies.

Ren & Stimpy, Doug, Rugrats, Pete & Pete, Mr. Show With Bob & David, The State, The Real World (only Season 1...the rest of them just never really grabbed my attention...okay fine, they were all garbage after Season 1!!!!), Animaniacs, Fairy Tale Theater, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Six Feet Under, Pee Wee's Playhouse, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Thundercats, Round House, South Park, Saturday Night Live

As a kid, shows as I remember;
Cheers!
Little Audrey
Rocko's Modern Life
Father knows best
Green acres
Munsters
Star Trek the next generation
GI Joe
He man
Voltron
Ducktales
Rescue Rangers
Saved by the bell
Beavis and butthead
Liquid TV
Doritos stand up comedy on Comedy Central
Simpsons
Seinfeld
Quantum leap
Beauty and the beast
South Park
You can't say that on television
Rug rats
That vampire duck show with the flying castle?
Duckman
Batman
Flipper
Gilligans island ten and stimpy
X-men
Doug
Bobby's world
Animaniacs
Wonder years
Full house
Perfect strangers
Murder she wrote