• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What should I do while stuck at home sick?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I do not have energy to do much.

I feel like binge watching trashy TV.

And napping.

And being a lazy nobody for a while.

Damn COVID.

Any brilliant ideas to lift my my spirits?

If it were me, I'd just give into the healing sleep!
I think I will do that, although I associate sleeping during the day with depression. I am waiting for Instacart to drop a few bags of healthy groceries at my doorstep, a zero contact delivery. Then I think I will hydrate with some Gatorade and pass out for a little while.

In any case, I am glad I decided not to break my sobriety earlier this week like what I was thinking of. I would have felt worse on top of all of this if I did that.

In any case, I am glad I decided not to break my sobriety earlier this week like what I was thinking of. I would have felt worse on top of all of this if I did that.
Well done for persevering :) Hope you feel better soon. I usually just binge watch one of my comfort shows I’ve seen dozens of times before. Or if I don’t feel up for watching things I just curl up in bed and listen to a podcast or audiobook. Not sure if you’re into those though.

When I'm not well I usually watch a few documentaries, or some kind of non-demanding online game like a jigsaw puzzle or something... depends on how ill I am.

When I'm not well I usually watch a few documentaries, or some kind of non-demanding online game like a jigsaw puzzle or something... depends on how ill I am.
Well, I am posting here and listening to Guns N' Roses on vinyl, while reclining in my recliner couch and sipping gatorade. I don't feel like gaming or watching much of anything right now.

Well, I am posting here and listening to Guns N' Roses on vinyl, while reclining in my recliner couch and sipping gatorade. I don't feel like gaming or watching much of anything right now.
I did think of suggesting that you put on a record. But listening to records is something I do when I want to listen to an album actively (as opposed to passive listening or background music while doing something else). It's an activity in itself and gives some energy, but also takes energy, if that makes sense. It's more intense than passive listening and I tend not to want to do it if I'm ill. Sometimes, if I'm really tired, I put my digital albums on random play, lie down and listen... it's a way of relaxing.

I did think of suggesting that you put on a record. But listening to records is something I do when I want to listen to an album actively (as opposed to passive listening or background music while doing something else). It's an activity in itself and gives some energy, but also takes energy, if that makes sense. It's more intense than passive listening and I tend not to want to do it if I'm ill. Sometimes, if I'm really tired, I put my digital albums on random play, lie down and listen... it's a way of relaxing.
I have heard these Guns N’ Roses albums so many times in my life that they essentially are my comfort albums.

Sounds like a good plan. Comfort music, and food, and chair. I have my comfort blanket too. It's better if no errands make you leave the house.

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell. People who rest and relax during having covid seem less prone to get after effects, so do take it easy and feel ok about resting. I was watching Netflix series and having extra sleeps etc when recently having some harsh medications, I just had no energy to do more.

I watched a load of Christmas in July films too. So sue me. I enjoyed them and that kept my spirits up. Hope you can take it easy too.

Idly listening to your favourite music sounds a good choice - whilst resting & healing...
Get well soon!

Took my first dose of Paxlovid.

Doctor thought that might help.

I am trying not to be negative about this whole thing, even though I am not feeling decent at all.

I was going to recommend binge watching some shows, but it sounds like you've got that covered. If you're sick, then I think binging & napping is a pretty good solution. And some good food that you really like. You gotta take time to recover.

When I'm sick, I ignore it entirely and do everything I normally do, only miserably, keeping me sick for as long as possible. Do not do that!

Anything that can be done in bed!

I just got exposed myself, so I'm kind of preparing for the worst. I'm going to need all the handheld devices

New Threads

Top Bottom