• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Religious Practices Give Comfort to You?

I try hard to avoid doing any work on Sunday and am now trying to stay off the internet and even my smart devices in general on Sundays.

There are many types of practices or beliefs to alleviate some stress living on this planet.

What are yours?
Right now I’ve found new joy and fervor in saying the Rosary, I’ve enjoyed saying it in the past but now I find myself having having even more hope, joy and peace when I say it; it’s a great practice, one that I really love.

I also very often enjoy saying the Chaplet of the Little Crown, a smaller and simpler set of prayer beads.
53DE8635-8BB9-4752-BA75-7C2265B1081D.jpeg

I know the Catholic religion. I'm guessing the rosary is also a type of meditation, focusing on things greater than ourselves.
I do not know the Chaplet of the Little Crown. What is the set of prayers?
Thanks for sharing!
Yes the Rosary is a meditative practice, meditating mostly on events in the Bible.

Here are the prayers from the Chaplet of the Little Crown, I should warn you, some of the prayers get a little combative or have a fire and brimstone tone to them:

Chaplet of the Little Crown
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,

Amen.

Virgin most holy, accept my praise; give me strength to fight your foes.

Apostle's Creed...

(Optional)
Come Holy Spirit...

Let us pray: O God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit dost instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us by the same Spirit to relish what is right and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

First Crown: The Crown of Excellence

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Blessed art thou, O Virgin Mary, who didst bear the Lord, the Creator of the world; thou didst give birth to Him Who made thee, and remainest a Virgin forever.

Rejoice, O Virgin Mary; Rejoice a thousand times!

Hail Mary...

O holy and immaculate Virgin, I know not with what praise to extol thee, since thou didst bear in thy womb the very One Whom the Heavens cannot contain.

Hail Mary...

Thou are all fair, O Virgin Mary, and there is no stain in thee.

Hail Mary...

Thy virtues, O Virgin, surpass the stars in number.

Glory Be...

Second Crown: The Crown of Power

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee O Empress of the world! Bring us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O treasure house of the Lord's graces! Grant us a share in thy riches.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to the, O Mediatrix between God and man! Through thee may the Almighty be favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who destroyest heresies and crushest demons! Be thou our loving guide.

Glory be...

Third Crown: The Crown of Goodness

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O refuge of sinners! Intercede for us with God.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mother of orphans! Render the Almighty favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O joy of the just! Lead us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who are ever ready to assist us in life and death! Lead us with thee to the kingdom of Heaven!

Glory be...

Let us pray.

Hail, Mary, Daughter of God the Father; Hail, Mary, Mother of God the Son; Hail, Mary, Spouse of the Holy Ghost; Hail, Mary, Temple of the most Holy Trinity; Hail, Mary, my Mistress, my treasure, my joy, Queen of my heart; my Mother, my life, my sweetness, my dearest hope - yea, my heart and my soul!

I am all thine and all that I have is Thine, O Virgin blessed above all things! Let thy soul be in me to magnify the Lord; let thy spirit be in me to rejoice in God. Set thyself, O faithful Virgin, as a seal upon my heart, that in thee and through thee I may be found faithful to God. Receive me, O gracious Virgin, among those whom thou lovest and teachest, whom thou leadest, nourishest and protectest as thy children. Grant that for love of thee I may despise all earthly consolations and ever cling to those of Heaven, until through the Holy Spirit - your faithful Spouse - and through you - His faithful spouse - Jesus Christ your Son be formed in me for the glory of the Father. Amen.

We fly to your patronage,
O Holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us from always, all danger, O ever glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen.

This is something I struggle with. I can stay silent, but my mind doesn't.

This is definitely one where practice makes it easier. Start off with a shorter time and let the time expand.
I find that either returning to my prayer word or my breath helps. This allows me not to focus on what my mind has brought up and to let that thought keep on going down the river of consciousness into forgetfulness.

New Threads

Top Bottom