• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What positive attribute have you discovered about yourself?

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
For me, I suddenly realised that I am a responsible person. I never considered it before, because, for example, when I was in my birth country, I never had a specific job and even, when I did, I could walk away, if I felt uncomfortable, but in fact, I found my potential perfect jobs a bit too late; in the country I am residing at the moment. I would not impress a potential boss and my psychiatrist agrees, so never considered I was responsible, but in light of covid, I came to see, that in fact, I am responsible person. I have things to do and do them, because that is what is done.

I gained a lot of confidence over the years, initially through doing a lot of therapy and self development, and I mean a lot, I guess it was a special interest. But a useful one, for sure. And then I did well in my work, and gained status, which was strengthening to my feeling of self worth. I think understanding myself and my needs better was helpful, plus clearing a way through the emotional debris of my upbringing.

lot of confidence

A few times in my life, I have experienced what it is like to be confident and well, not care about what others think of me, but sadly, never lasts and have not had an "episode" for years, but it is a wonderful feeling to be confident; but not arrogant.

I can hold the dispenser and pull out and cut 3 pieces of scotch tape with one hand. Sometimes 4 even.
Dang. Can you post a vid? I would like to see that. I am not kidding.

I get to be a special friend to people sometimes. Usually ppl who are sad and lonely, or who just need a little boost

Reliable.
I do what I say when at all possible.
It may seem slow to others, but, I take things seriously and get it done.
Meaning what I say, my word, means a lot.

As an educator, I have been told several times that I am extraordinarily patient with students and new employees.

I have been able to hang on to my wife for nearly 34 years. I can still make her smile.

I have raised two well-balanced, responsible, educated, financially successful young men.

I am very good at pattern recognition whether it be at work interpreting mechanical ventilator waveform graphics, organic patterns in nature (flowers and other plants), identifying constellations in the night sky, or when driving, predicting traffic situations ahead of me.

I can pick out the correct shade of paint I want in my mind,...without going through paint swatches at the paint store.

I managed to get a degree, so that's something I guess. I was told that I have the qualities I would need to make it in Detroit. Just don't know how I'm gonna make it back up there. If I can find my social security card in my ex's house, then I'll finally be able to get a new job. But the ss administration is refusing to send me a new one, and I can't figure out why, so I may never be able to get out of this mess.

New Threads

Top Bottom