• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What nutrients should I look for when sick?

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I’m going through some kind of sickness (not Covid) what kind of foods and nutrients should I look for to help me recover faster?

Immune boosters. Onion family; chilli family. Oily fish family. Dark chocolate.

However, if you have malabsorbtion, then you need outside help with vitamins and minerals. I take D3 every two days, initially, due to warding off covid ( so far so good), but it is also an immune booster. Vitamin B complex, which should include B12. I also take those and vitamin A for eye care, which helps the immunity.

When sick, it is because our immune system is compromised.

May I ask what kind of sickness you are going through?

I agree with Vitamin D and B vitamins, and I've also heard that Vitamin C and Echinacea could be helpful. Perhaps Elderberry?

Unless you can't currently eat or have other health problems, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, whole grains and meats should provide you with what you need. Many supplement manufacturers will disagree!

Also, resting is crucial. If you can manage, go easy on yourself while you're sick. It's worth it in the long run.

Immune boosters. Onion family; chilli family. Oily fish family. Dark chocolate.

However, if you have malabsorbtion, then you need outside help with vitamins and minerals. I take D3 every two days, initially, due to warding off covid ( so far so good), but it is also an immune booster. Vitamin B complex, which should include B12. I also take those and vitamin A for eye care, which helps the immunity.

When sick, it is because our immune system is compromised.

May I ask what kind of sickness you are going through?

Depends on the body system and the illness. What's going on?
Some kind of cough.

New Threads

Top Bottom