• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What my dad has done

Mika M Reich

What my dad has done,been great and one I remember.It is from 1992,my dad decided my mom,2 younger sisters and I including himself decided we needed a better life immigrating to the United States from Germany,I was 13 at the time.I was nervous meeting new friends at first and my dad saw that.Said it will be ok and he was right about it.I am originally from the Munich area.It was a great choice,better freedom and met new friends still keeping in touch with my other friends in Germany whom are still in my life.I loved it and dad started the process of becoming legal United States citizens.My new friends learned well about me and accepted me in.Dad thought that was cool.Through it all,it has been worth it for us.Did everything right and happiest day was in 1995 when my family and I became legal United States citizens for good.I was 16 at the time when this happened.I am still loving it to this day and glad my dad did this for us.My mom and 2 younger sisters are too as well

What my dad has done,been great and one I remember.It is from 1992,my dad decided my mom,2 younger sisters and I including himself decided we needed a better life immigrating to the United States from Germany,I was 13 at the time.I was nervous meeting new friends at first and my dad saw that.Said it will be ok and he was right about it.I am originally from the Munich area.It was a great choice,better freedom and met new friends still keeping in touch with my other friends in Germany whom are still in my life.I loved it and dad started the process of becoming legal United States citizens.My new friends learned well about me and accepted me in.Dad thought that was cool.Through it all,it has been worth it for us.Did everything right and happiest day was in 1995 when my family and I became legal United States citizens for good.I was 16 at the time when this happened.I am still loving it to this day and glad my dad did this for us.My mom and 2 younger sisters are too as well

That was a seriously nice post to read. This is how families are supposed to be.

It's great that you've settled in and are happy, your dad certainly got it right, and it was a brave decision!

When I saw the title of this post. I was expecting to read something about an abusive father. Nice to see something positive for a change.

New Threads

Top Bottom