• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What life has taught me. Personal philosophy for a happy life.

Voltaic

Plaidhiker@youtube
Some midnight rambles. Started off as venting, then developed into something that may be helpful. Quoted phrases and words are edited out swears.

Edit: if any of you don't get anything, I am happy to explain and expand upon. I like hearing myself talk.

“Be yourself.” Yea right. Such a thing is not a luxury for all. And thinking about It, a luxury for no one. We all have that off handed comment sitting in the back of our heads that we want to say, but we don’t. Is it because what you say would clash with your personality, or is it because it wouldn’t be acceptable? In reality, we all have to conform one way or another, some have to stray further away from their personalities than others.

We all get caught up in the grinder of life sometimes. The same thing over and over, a relentless cycle of insanity, expecting things to get better. Things don’t get better, the solution isn’t monotonous repetition. If you are not happy, the repetition are the walls of the cell holding your mind. Too break free, is to adopt something new.

Ask yourself this, what truly makes you happy? Let me give you a hint, Facebook isn’t the answer. Was it your last vacation? Well that’s all good, looks like the next time you will be happy is the next six months. Expensive cars? Going to the bar? Getting Layed? Did they truly make you happy? Where I find happiness is hiding in simplicity. Places and people overlooked by the shinny new thing promising fulfilment. If you want happiness, go out and get It, it is closer than you think.

Being stuck thinking about the future is forgetting about the now. The thought of a new car doesn’t make you feel good as you sit on your phone. Getting off of it and fulfilling possibilities right now does. Get out there and live.

People are messy things. If you have found a perfect person, but a fan lottery ticket because you just did the impossible. We all have flaws, we all make mistakes, we all are pieces of ---- every once and a while, it feels good so I don’t blame you. The idea of a person having to be flawless all the time, is one that leads to anger and resentment for a good portion of people you interact with on the daily. The cure is a bit of empathy. That 'guy' who just cut you off, yeah, that 'bad person'. He just made a mistake, a mistake that you will inevitably make sometime in the future. does that make you a ad person? Are you now defined by your one mistake? No, that’s ludicrous. That guy who is weaving through trafic being dangerous, is he a 'bad guy'? At that moment, yes. Have you ever been a deliberate 'bad person' at one point in your life? don’t lie, of course you have. Does that mean you are permanently a 'bad person?' Does that mean that because you told this one guy off at the supermarket that you are going to go home and belt your loving kids? My examples to express reasoning may not be the best, but it brings up a point. Save being mad at people for the true 'bad people' in this world, it makes life a lot easier.

Are you just a cog in the machine? Break free, do what you want to do and say what you want to say, not what the judgment of others dictate. You might chip a tooth, and not mesh with others, but if you are not making people not like you, you are not living life right.

In the end, the only thing that gives life meaning is your own happiness. Live, don’t just exist.

Can you undo mistakes of the past? If you are quick enough you can. But first you have to realize they where mistakes and work to undo the damage. Better to realize the mistake, then to be informed of it by the consequences. If they are to far behind, and it haunts your mind, the only thing you can do is learn from it. Learn, ask questions, think. With enough thought and effort, your mistake will be a lesson, one that can teach you things that you wouldn’t have learned about if you had not 'messed' up in the first place. Pay attention, and maybe you won’t add another regret to think about late at night years past.

Everyone wears a mask. A persona we put on in order to function in our day to day life. Some wear the mask for to long, and forget what is underneath. Who are you under that mask? What where you like before you put it on? Take it off, it might feel like an old bandaid, painful from the flesh melding to It, but after it is off, the skin can breath. If not with others, than do it alone. Enduldge in your quirkiness, to judge yourself is to use words of what you think others might say. Find yourself, then find someone you can feel comfortable With, showing your true face.

Pull your pants up, get 'stuff' done. A successful future isn’t waiting for you on Facebook. Unless your Mark Zuckerberg.

Time can be a useful tool or a prison. Find some time to ditch your watch (or phone, it’s 2017. Who still uses a watch?) Enjoy your time, by not worrying about time.

Tomorrow is a new day. Still the same god 'darn' week though.

True happiness is when you don’t need to feel happy to be fulfilled

Stop buying things to make mediocracy more enjoyable, buy things and spend time to escape it entirely

Last edited:
Are you normal? well I can't answer that. I don't know who you are but in order to answer that question we first needed to find what is normal. Normal... Normal... What is normal? Well you can't really Define normal. Maybe it is widespread socially accepted pedophilia... at least Sparta hundreds of years ago. Yeah that that's not normal. but it was back then, it was normal in their culture.
Stuff that we consider socially taboo is normal in other people's cultures all throughout Humanity, all throughout the world there is no exact definition of normal. But we can't say there is no such thing as a concept of normal because there is. We can't ignore it, we can't just say there's no normal and be done with it, being silly, stupid and socially unacceptable as we like, because that won't work. how do we know what normal is? how do we Define it? how do we reach a point in which we can call ourselves normal? that is not a question that I can answer, because even within society and culture today there is no exact definition of normal. I've said that before, I know. There are parameters in which you can act that would be considered normal, but it's such a large parameter that you can't really live by trying to be normal, it just does not work. when people say normal, what I think immediately is boring. when you're normal you're boring you're like everyone else. to normal people they see uniqueness within normality. For the People Like Us, with the quirky personalities and the way we think that are different from how other people think, we don't see the uniqueness within the normalities. What we see is just what we see every other day. Every day we see the exact same things, the exact same people going about their exact same lives, in the exact same ways every day. we... we break that system we are the people who revolutionized the world, because we are not normal. We think differently, we act differently. this is expressed through social quirks and differentness from all the other people, whether or whether or not that be good or bad foe us. You think people like Einstein, Isaac Newton, Copernicus, all of these people were highly speculated to be autistic. All the things these people did for this world are of unhuman nature. well that's something, 'human' is that just another word for normal? is that just another type of way that we differentiate ourselves and place ourselves into categories? who's human who's not human? who's normal who's not normal? in the past when we thought of people as not human, is not normal. we saw them as not part of our culture, an alien culture that is not normal, that is not human. That's how humans drive progression. that's how humans differentiate between us vs them. we share our ideas we going together in cultures. Ideas that are not similar, that are not normal to each other. we take the best of these cultures and move on with them leaving the bad stuff behind. normalcy is good it's the way we bond in a society. is the way we express nationality and bonds to our culture, to our tribe, but where the genius comes from is inhumanity. Genious really comes from is not partaking in normalcy just in the differences between the people it is learning from the people who are different from us, because the people who are different from us know stuff that we don't know they know ways of life that we don't know, they know things things that achieve happiness, greatness, technological advancement, all things that we don't know. So are you normal? that question doesn't really matter. The question is what can you learn from people who are different from you, and what can people who are different from you learn from you? take pride in your quirkiness, take pride in the things that make you not normal, because you... you are the type of person who progresses Humanity into the future

Last edited:
"Stop buying things to make mediocracy more enjoyable, but things and spend time to escape it entirely"
Like!!

We are so used to technological advancements. every day, there is always some new gadgets on the market. things we don't pay any attention to. iyou might give it one thought or another and think, 'oh that's cool,' 'that's cool virtual reality' that's cool but what is it really? I think it is something... something of Dreams. if you go back to the 80s and think about what type of Technology we have today, it would be equivalent of the jetsons. on The Jetsons, they had to have this big computer to to have a face-to-face conversation, but the device I'm holding in my hand right now, I could do the exact same thing. yeah we may not have hover cars, we may not have personal jet packs, but we have self-driving cars, we have rockets that could escape the solar system, we have virtual reality goggles that can take us to another world, we have lasers so strong that it can burn a hole through the upper Crust. okay maybe not that, I just made that up but it sounds cool. it sounds like something that's actually possible with today's technology. if you take it even an step further, before the technological Revolution, before we had machines to carry everything around, before we Vehicles, tractors, everything like that, if you take their point of view and look into the future, our present, what you would see is an alien world. A world of science fiction, a world that you would never imagined ever possible. we take stuff like trains for granted but to someone before the Revolution, before the technological Revolution all that material, all that material,all that energy being used that would have taken them hundreds of years to do. and we do it we see it, and we get annoyed by it becuase we will be late for work. it's all around us, stuff like cars computers, all of that stuff we take for granted today. All of that is accumulation of thousands and thousands and thousands of years of human human knowledge, all combined into one device, you are reading off of. we are living in the future look at the world in a different pair of eyes, look at the world someone in the past and realize the greatness Humanity has achieved. Everything you see, is a piece of art expressing human knowledge.

"Stop buying things to make mediocracy more enjoyable, but things and spend time to escape it entirely"
Like!!
I ment buy, not but. I fixed it up.

If you guys see any mistakes or stuff like that, let me know.

You are pretty good at philosophy. I kind of want to rub off my knowledge just to see what type of result. I am an INTP.

I dont like communicating through forums. I cant reciprocate ideas. Do you mind discord at all? Or steam? Oh wait we could always use chat here.

New Threads

Top Bottom