• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What kinds of things are you impressed by or admire?

Mia

V.I.P Member
If I were to express admiration for something, it would be for music or art or nature or physical prowess or the inherent beauty in something, or an idea.

What do you feel admiration for?

Last edited:
I really admire music by my favorite bands like Swans, Ministry, KMFDM, Melvins, and PIG. I also like reading or listening to interviews with the respective band’s leading musicians: Michael Gira, Al Jourgensen, Sascha Konietzko, King Buzzo, and Raymond Watts.

When someone says something that reveals their unique insight or advanced understanding of a particular subject, that impresses me. Cars, food, homes, et al, money buys them all; but money in itself doesn't get my respect. Too many people come by money either too easily or dishonestly. And as those of us on the spectrum know too well, intelligence rarely begets money.

Perfect cup of coffee leaves me in admiration of simple pleasures. Making someone l know smile and feel spoiled leaves me in admiration of life's simple pleasures. I also admire woman who have raised them self thru the pithole of despair of domestic violence and go on to raise awareness for other woman.

Courage. The ability to act in spite of fear. It's something I've long wondered if I had. But, knowledge is just as important. I often wonder if intelligence is actually mankind's superpower. Given what has been invented in the last two hundred years.

I was watching a reanimated version of Duck Amuck starring Daffy Duck, and I was impressed with a lot of the different animation people used. I've also watched reanimated versions of Twisted Sister (The Powerpuff Girls), Mama Luigi (Super Mario World), and the cut scenes from Hotel Mario and CD-i Legend of Zelda.

When someone defies social convention and makes an ethical choice despite its unpopularity. Vegans, namely.

I admire the amazing creativity I see from artists...

Visual artists and how they create some amazing artwork, ideas I would never even think of doing

Performing artists, musicians and poets I know who have done some amazing writing, to me one of the most impressive things people do is songwriting, even just local people I know who write their own songs...

What's to admire in the world? People like whistle blowers, who speak out despite threats or social pressure, Or people who have overcome great physical or mental challenges, or new advancements in science or technological breakthroughs for the general good of mankind, people who make great personal sacrifice to help others. The wonder of nature - how intricate, complex and well adapted it can be.

Those playing musical instriments. I am so fascinated that with the object that has no numbering etc, the person can still play a beautiful tune.

In my faith, I admire so much those who are persecuted, but stand firm for what is right.

Those on the spectrum who wake up in a morning knowing they have a full day of challenges ahead and yet still go out to meet those challenges, head on. Everyday.

Nature.
- in particular the human brain/body but includes most other.
symbiotic relationships also.

Acts of kindness.

I admire people who can find peace with themselves and overcome what may.
Whether it comes natural or through some belief or means.

There was a thread once here with well drawn pictures depicting how our own minds are our prisons.
And it can be a miserable place.
The God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things
I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, always seemed an admired state of being.

As far as physical things...beauty, the wonder of all that is and of course I have to admire money.
Society has made that so.
autistic1.jpg

I admire people who can find peace with themselves and overcome what may.
Whether it comes natural or through some belief or means.

There was a thread once here with well drawn pictures depicting how our own minds are our prisons.
And it can be a miserable place.
The God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things
I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, always seemed an admired state of being.

As far as physical things...beauty, the wonder of all that is and of course I have to admire money.
Society has made that so.
View attachment 64934

All that and a bag of chips.

New Threads

Top Bottom