• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What kind of cupcakes for Easter (besides carrot)?

Pink Jazz

While I hope this coronavirus pandemic ends soon, I would like to know, besides carrot cake, what would be good types of cake or cupcakes to make for Easter either this year or for the future. I always do red velvet for Christmas and strawberry for Valentine's Day, and for the first time I did a green velvet recipe for St. Patrick's Day.

I do have a box of Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Triple Fudge that I thought about making cupcakes topping them with Pillsbury chocolate frosting and Whoppers Robin Eggs. However, the coronavirus pandemic might prevent that from happening this year, so if I can't do it this year, for future reference, what would be some ideas, besides carrot cake?

Too bad. Frankly I'm rather partial to carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Ummm....now I want cupcakes!

Too bad. Frankly I'm rather partial to carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Ummm....now I want cupcakes!

I love cream cheese frosting on red velvet and strawberry cupcakes. I also used it on my green velvet cupcakes. I was going to do triple fudge cupcakes with chocolate frosting and Whoppers Robin Eggs, but that might not happen this year due to the coronavirus. I just want some ideas for future reference. I might still have to figure out what to do with the triple fudge cake mix and the chocolate frosting if I can't make it in time for Easter.

Wow you could still do the triple fudge with chocolate frosting despite Corona maybe? Sounds delicious! Maybe think up a decoration that reflects the issues? Or something positive about the situation I guess, like, er, the weather getting warmer and the virus receding, so, some yellow smarties in a sun ray pattern? Yeah I want cupcakes now too...

I like going with fresh flavors for Easter because it’s springtime. For instance, lemony cupcakes or cupcakes with strawberry, raspberry or blueberry, either in the cake batter or in the frosting.

This thread makes me hungry.

We don't really have this much of a cupcake tradition back home but we tend to make fruit tarts instead. Or something with nuts, like toffee and walnut cake with creamy middle.

It's spring so it could always be nice and fresh :)

!!!CUPCAKES YES!!!

Recently I've developed a taste for red velvet. I mean, okay, it's basically chocolate painted red (as far as I can tell), but lets pretend it's some sophisticated flavor.

Granted, I dont have them all that often (not exactly healthy food) and they'd be more of a pain to get right now (obvious reasons). But still.

I put the cake back, specifically the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. At the store. (Crying in background). I made a killer cake with pineapple in cake mix for carrot cake.

Recently I've developed a taste for red velvet. I mean, okay, it's basically chocolate painted red (as far as I can tell), but lets pretend it's some sophisticated flavor.

It's actually the chemical reaction between the cocoa powder (which contains anthocyanin, a pH-sensitive antioxidant that reacts to acids) and the vinegar and buttermilk. This reaction makes the cake its red-tinted color.

Last edited:
I put the cake back, specifically the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. At the store. (Crying in background).

I got the cream cheese frosting, but had to settle for plain white cake mix. :(

It was the only one left on the shelves! :eek:

- I'll live.

Last edited:
Looks like I probably won't be doing Easter cupcakes this year, but thanks for your responses, since I can plan for next year or the future.

Hey, hope you can get back to baking. I have been binging on YouTube cooking videos. I have been able to feed my eyes. I always head straight to cookbooks at stores since my divorce means cooking for one which means an occasional cupcake.

Hey, hope you can get back to baking. I have been binging on YouTube cooking videos. I have been able to feed my eyes. I always head straight to cookbooks at stores since my divorce means cooking for one which means an occasional cupcake.

Note that I live with my parents, and this month is my father's birthday. We have three mixes that we can use - Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Triple Fudge, Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow, and Duncan Hines Tres Leches. I think he will like the Triple Fudge the best.

I love to watch cooking shows on PBS and the Food Network. And I make a beeline to old, used cookbooks at yard sales and estate sales. I have found some real treasures that way!

Note that I live with my parents, and this month is my father's birthday. We have three mixes that we can use - Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Triple Fudge, Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow, and Duncan Hines Tres Leches. I think he will like the Triple Fudge the best.

I like all of them. The Triple Fudge would make a very nice birthday cake!

New Threads

Top Bottom