1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What kind of army would you lead?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Wulven, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Wulven

Wulven Active Member

A fun Sci-fi question. For me it would probably be an army of Imperials or Jedi.

2. KagamineLen

KagamineLen Video game and movie addict. V.I.P Member

An army of scientists, farmers, manufacturing workers, construction people, basically an army of people who build up communities that would be more helpful to have in a post-apocalyptical world than an army that has nothing but weapons but does not know how to filter water.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neonatal RRT

Neonatal RRT Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

SkyNet did a pretty good job of cleaning house.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Suzette

Suzette Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

When I was in highschool my history teacher had a thing for the American civil war. We spent a lot of time running battle scenarios and it turns out I am a pretty good tactician. But I am more interested subversive and psychological tactics like propaganda, false information and decoys.
    If I did have an army, they would fight by destabilizing the social structure and work to gain control of the government without bloodshed. This kind of long range plan would need leaders that could maintain the vision and consistency over, possibly, decades. So my generals would all be clones of famous figures trained in the art of subversion.
    (My husband says it sounds like the C.I.A lol)

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Gerontius

Gerontius Well-Known Member

Winged Hussars, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gerald Wilgus

Gerald Wilgus Well-Known Member

I am feeling particularly nihilistic today after an unsatisfactory psych session. I would lead an army that would visit nuclear terror upon the world to the point where the survivors in the irradiated and unsurvivable landscape would envy the dead.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. crewlucaa_

crewlucaa_ ugh idk lol

Hope you're ok. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fino

Fino Alex V.I.P Member

Ducks! Now that's a lot of quacking.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Half naked Amazon women. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. SimonSays

SimonSays Time is an illusion I seem to have a lot of V.I.P Member

Why only half naked? :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I thought about that too.
    It's OK if they want to be, but, there is something about the leather, boots, and breast shields that
    make them seem strong and more formidable. Bold conquerers. And don't forget the whips...
    Xena!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thinx

Thinx Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

My concern is that an army might not want to follow me? I do tend to lead from behind, as I often explained to higher managers when the state of my managerial leadership was under scrutiny. So maybe, an army I could lead from behind? A random band of cats, perhaps?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Suzette

Suzette Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Isn't that "hearding cats"? If you can do that you would be a god! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin Well-Known Member

Just do the British Empire levy style - send a British officer to round up the locals and get them to kill the other locals. Job done.

In all fairness though - my army would be a militant Green party. Going above and beyond to restore balance to the world. Policies include drastic reduction in consumerist culture and eradicating 40% of the world's population. I think a lot of leaders and dictators got it wrong. Too much of an "us and them" mentality. They blame a culture or religion and use it as a scapegoat. That sort of mentality is too restrictive. It's overpopulation as a whole that's the problem - that goes beyond race, religion, gender and sexuality. Just dump everyone's name into the global euthanasia raffle.

I wonder if I'll get elected...

I tell you a classic antagonist that I loved - Hugo Drax in the Bond film Moonraker. He was going to re-populate the earth from his space station and nerve gas the entire planet. But it was a nerve gas that didn't harm animals, and only killed humans. Too spicy for me. Now that's the kind of eco-fascism I can get behind. Also - a final battle in space with laser weapons and astronauts was always going to strike a chord with me.

[​IMG]

Ed

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  15. Gerald Wilgus

Gerald Wilgus Well-Known Member

There was always Earth First! I was involved, so probably have an FBI dossier. Funny how the FBI are the keystone cops that fail to nab corporate criminals while entrapping others when they want some dull-witted scapegoat for their crime of the week. We would do well to defund useless national cops like them. Remember; the best way to rob a bank is to own one.

16. Wulven

Wulven Active Member

What about an army of narrators? Like from Xena?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Neonatal RRT

Suzette, I think you just outed yourself as one of those operatives working on Facebook to destabilize the US. :eek::D Keep going with the disinformation and divisive memes,...you're almost there,...the slow moving coup is well on its way. I say, January 2025.:eek:;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gerontius

All this stuff about "destroy humanity" doesn't mesh with "autistic people can be productive members of society and aren't inherently bloodthirsty loners."

Just saying.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Neonatal RRT

We're just making stuff up for laughs.

20. Gerontius

Maybe I just don't "get" sarcasm but, though I would like to believe you, it's harder than it looks. I know way too many people now who think that it's nice and proper and polite to nuke humanity.