• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your view of a true warrior?

To me, a true warrior believes in peace as a first choice. l like morally and correct choices as the only way.

Last edited:
Depends on which meaning you select for 'true'. There are quite a few.

(From Merriam-Webster)

true

Definition of true
(Entry 1 of 4)

1a(1): being in accordance with the actual state of affairstrue description
(2): conformable to an essential reality
(3): fully realized or fulfilleddreams come true
b: IDEAL, ESSENTIAL
c: being that which is the case rather than what is manifest or assumedthe true dimension of the problem
d: CONSISTENTtrue to character
2a: properly so calledtrue lovethe true faiththe true stomach of ruminant mammals
b(1): possessing the basic characters of and belonging to the same natural group asa whale is a true but not a typical mammal
(2): TYPICALthe true cats
3a: STEADFAST, LOYAL
b: HONEST, JUST
carchaic : TRUTHFUL
4: LEGITIMATE, RIGHTFULour true and lawful king
5a: that is fitted or formed or that functions accurately
b: conformable to a standard or pattern : ACCURATE
6: determined with reference to the earth's axis rather than the magnetic polestrue north
7: logically necessary
8: NARROW, STRICTin the truest sense
9: corrected for error
true

adverb
Definition of true (Entry 2 of 4)

1: in accordance with fact or reality
2a: without deviationthe bullet flew straight and true
b: without variation from typebreed true
true

noun
Definition of true (Entry 3 of 4)

1: TRUTH, REALITY —usually used with the
2: the quality or state of being accurate (as in alignment or adjustment) —used in the phrases in true and out of true
true

verb
trued; trueing also truing
Definition of true (Entry 4 of 4)

transitive verb

: to make level, square, balanced, or concentric : bring or restore to a desired mechanical accuracy or formtrue up a boardtrue up an engine cylinder

All warrior societies are different of course. I come from an Air Force background in which we mainly followed a warrior-slacker ethos. The supreme test of which was the dreaded rubber chicken test

What is a "warrior"? I mean, is there something specific being referred to or are we being abstract right now?

I think of a man in medieval times wielding a sword and yelling incomprehensibly as he runs into battle to die for his home and his God.

What is a "warrior"? I mean, is there something specific being referred to or are we being abstract right now?

I think of a man in medieval times wielding a sword and yelling incomprehensibly as he runs into battle to die for his home and his God.
I'm envisioning a samurai from some anime or other. In which case a true warrior is one who can look pretty and elegant while brutally slaughtering their enemies.

I see a warrior as someone who fights for a cause.
The cause may not even be something they want to fight for. As in soldiers that were sent to battle
because the leaders of a country or government said GO!

My definition of a TRUE warrior is one who is passionate for their cause. A leader that imparts
passion in others to fight for a cause.
The cause may be for a good reason such as a cancer survivor that does all they can to help the cause
of finding a cure and helping others see hope. This could be for any illness.
Or someone who does all possible to help the planet, animals, people who are in need.

It could be for defense of lives in a time of siege or war. Bravely going forth to protect others.
War is an unfortunate double edged sword. One side may be considered bad by most of the world
with one side good. And in today's world wars as such shouldn't even be needed, but due to differing
outlooks it still continues.

But whether you consider the cause good or bad, the true warrior IMO is the one who has leadership,
passion and willing to be the forerunner for a cause.

All warrior societies are different of course. I come from an Air Force background in which we mainly followed a warrior-slacker ethos. The supreme test of which was the dreaded rubber chicken test

I would generally say that I don't consider a warrior to be a good thing to be, but I feel like I might be able to get behind something called "a warrior-slacker ethos." :D

Someone who has been trained to fight and kill others in war. Throughout history warriors have had to go through very gruesome and barbaric rituals to desensitize them to killing and bloodshed. Naturally, Hollywood makes warriors look all heroic and cool and physically attractive when in reality most warriors have been reduced to killing machines with no empathy for their victims.

New Threads

Top Bottom