• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream vacation?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
My dream vacation is a romantic getaway with a nice lover to an island beach setting, where we would get massages and sip on virgin margaritas and have lobster tail dinners under candlelight.

What does your dream vacation look like?

My spouse and I are planning our 45th year of marriage with a trip to Japan next year. It will concentrate on the arts and food, as part of this we are lodging at the art museum on Naoshima Island, staying at a Royokan in Takayama with private hot spring tubs (Important, since I have tattoos), take cooking lessons, tour Kappabashi for its cookware and plastic display foods, make wood Sake cups before we tour the breweries, Attending a Kabuki performance, and then my favorite, a performance at the National Bunraku Theater, visiting artisans in Kanagawa. Along the way I want a honko of my first name 慈栄 らる 度 and try the Okonomiyaki in Osaka.

My spouse and I are planning our 45th year of marriage with a trip to Japan next year. It will concentrate on the arts and food, as part of this we are lodging at the art museum on Naoshima Island, staying at a Royokan in Takayama with private hot spring tubs (Important, since I have tattoos), take cooking lessons, tour Kappabashi for its cookware and plastic display foods, make wood Sake cups before we tour the breweries, Attending a Kabuki performance, and then my favorite, a performance at the National Bunraku Theater, visiting artisans in Kanagawa. Along the way I want a honko of my first name 慈栄 らる 度 and try the Okonomiyaki in Osaka.
You know how to have an awesome time, I can see.

A private cabin with porthole aboard a luxury starship on a grand tour of the solar system :)

More realistically speaking, a holiday (=vacation) that involves hiking and sightseeing. Anywhere. Good food, and plenty of money. Most holidays that most people consider relaxing (beach holidays) are boring and/or unpleasant for me.

My dream vacation is a romantic getaway with a nice lover to an island beach setting, where we would get massages and sip on virgin margaritas and have lobster tail dinners under candlelight.

What does your dream vacation look like?
Well, seeing as I'm practically living my dream vacation currently, I'll try not to be too whimsical.

There would be a nice, decent-sized wooden cabin in the Canadian woods, also near a tiny town and the water. It's fall, and the weather is cool and the trees are pretty. We don't have to shop for groceries; we can dine out, and there are few people around. Each night we can see the clear sky, with stars multiple as well as the Northern Lights. We share tea or hot chocolate by the fire.

...that's it. pretty much my dream.

So many places to see, so many things to do. If someone dropped 10 million dollars in my lap and said, "Have a great time. Now get out of here."

Studying the history, architecture, art, the flora and fauna, geology, the people, the food, etc. Also, keep in mind that "the dream" would also include no political and religious strife, no wars, and an openness to tourism.

1. The Amazon rainforest
2. Eastern Asia (Japan, China, Cambodia, Singapore, Taiwan, etc)
3. Greenland and Iceland
4. New Zealand and Antarctica
5. Sweden, Norway, and Finland
6. The Middle East (Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc)
7. Italy and Greece
8. Chile, Equador, and Puru
9. Ireland, Scotland, and England
10. South Africa and Madagascar
11. A submarine to the Marianas Trench
12. India
13. Galapagos Islands
14. Easter Island

Just to name a few places. Then, if I could, catch a rocket to outer space.

Last edited:
My partner (knows japanese) and I (do not know japanese) going to Japan. Probably Hokkaido. But I would like us to stop by cat island.

My partner (knows japanese) and I (do not know japanese) going to Japan. Probably Hokkaido. But I would like us to stop by cat island.

Duolingo is great to learn Japanese and you can do it on your phone. I have French and Spanish on my phone now that l do daily. The free version.

Last edited:
Like the idea of visiting Japan. But, wanting more to walk in the countryside rather than being in a city. Also worried about offending local customs as I am an independent minded person about things.

Like the idea of visiting Japan. But, wanting more to walk in the countryside rather than being in a city. Also worried about offending local customs as I am an independent minded person about things.
I've worked in Takasaki and Osaka and studied etiquette and as a result I got along quite well. I found in traveling if one enjoys local foods that makes a difference in acceptance.

I've worked in Takasaki and Osaka and studied etiquette and as a result I got along quite well. I found in traveling if one enjoys local foods that makes a difference in acceptance.
Not sure on local food traditions. Decent at general etiquette but, lousy at languages.
Still, if there’s a quiet country side I would love to walk it.

Headed out on my dream vacation this summer: a solo canoe trip on a remote Canadian river. Good weather. Great fishing. No bugs. (You said I could dream…)

Last edited:
All-expense paid on horseback or bicycle far into the mountains of Vermont or New Hampshire--preferably Vermont--and no expectation that I ever, ever come back.

Siberia, or some of the coldest region in Russia.

But that would be too expensive for me at the moment, and the political landscape is bleakto visit mother russia in the near future.

My dream vacation is to ride my bike to a secluded, scenic campsite with no nasty insects, where I know that nothing will disturb my sleep. Going anywhere and getting enough sleep to enjoy it is my main limitation.

The Aleutian Islands, or somewhere else on the coast of Alaska. It would be pretty to see the Canadian spur of The Cascade Range as well. From all the pictures I've seen, they seem to stay glacier peaked most of the year, and some parts of the range are right next to the ocean.

New Threads

Top Bottom