• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your "Aspie Superpowers"?

Aspie_With_Attitude

V.I.P Member
People who are on the Autism spectrum do have bizarre behaviors and alternative thought processes. Since I started up as an Autistic Vlogger on YouTube I have learnt a great deal about Autism and discovered more about myself. I have unleashed my superpowers in creativity and I have a very strong imagination.

All thanks to social media and being able to use applications on my computer to be able to create things, I had been able to broadcast my creativity on YouTube and been getting more and more into digital art and basic special effects making.

Here is my video that I recently created on my YouTube Channel, "Aspie With Attitude".

So what are your "Aspie Superpowers"?

Watching people and how they interact with others and observing small details and connecting them to certain patterns of behaviour.
Like how a workplace/office space it laid out and used. I then can see what kind of people work in the environment (logical, friendly, narcissistic, lazy...on and on), how they would interact with each other, if they were a motivated workforce and if they are being managed or lead in the right or wrong way. Observing behavioural patterns in others is my major Aspie superpower; however, I am not very good at relating it to me. It's just me observing people and behavioural patterns.....A little spooky hey ;-)

And getting jobs done in record time when under super incredible pressure. But after I will drop out of society for a while.

Heightened sensory perceptions.
Extreme hearing, observant to point of seeing little things others don't.
This is good and bad. Sensory overload is not fun, when it gets to be too much.
And people seem to get angry when I see stuff they don't.
Some like to scream about how did I see that when they didn't.
Hyperaware and hyperfocus in general.

I don't know if this is Aspie, but, I have an incredible memory of things as mental pictures which bring
about emotions from infant on up. Sixty years worth. Feels like I've lived two life times,
yet I still feel like a kid that never grew up.

I guess you could say my superpower is creativity,I always loved to draw and I guess having passion for my interests whether it’s drawing or my doll collecting and information about the movies or book I love is a superpower.

I don't have 'superpowers' as such, but I have a good memory and I'm good at learning languages. Also, I often notice things that most people miss.

I'm not really sure it's a superpower, but because I was forced to observe people for so long from the sidelines, I usually know how they'll react to things before it happens, can predict their next move with about 80% accuracy and usually know how a person would feel emotionally given a scenario.

Being able to predict someone's moves or reactions gives me some ability to alter my own communication/body language with them so as not to bring about a negative reaction. Sometimes it's useful to motivate them to do something that they may not want to do if the request was phrased wrongly. Some things are universal and apply to almost everyone. Some have to be fine-tuned to that particular individual which requires further observation and analysis of their unique personality traits. (This whole passage makes me sound like a creepy stalker o_O ... I'm not, I promise! ... it's just how I learned to manage people).

It all also helps me dissolve arguments or help someone who is having an emotional problem. I'm not an emotional person and I don't get involved in other people's feelings... I'm not the type to cry at funerals (I'm usually the only one and in a way it's awkward...) - but having said that, I can imagine myself and how I may potentially feel in another person's place and because of the point above, can help them see the other person's view and dissolve the negativity. Many people seem to think I should have been a therapist :D

The other things:
- observation of small details that most miss.
- being able to predict consequences of endeavours and probability of success - this is abou 60% success rate though, still, most people don't seem to think about potential outcomes which annoys me to no end (usually on everyday tasks or spur of the moment ideas - I don't mean big projects!).
- memory - I can remember a lot from my early childhood, even memories from my infancy, which apparently isn't "normal".

When I put my glasses on, people don't recognise me anymore. I used to be really good at getting changed in phone booths, but there aren't many left so I don't get to do that much these days.

Like @SusanLR , mine seems to be the sensory perceptions. I could smell wires burning in a truck long before my (now X) husband could, which he would not believe me until he finally could smell them himself. I'm also always being asked "How did you see that?" Or "Why is it you're the one who keeps spotting things off in the distance when you're the one driving?" lol I see it because it's a change in pattern, I guess. That moving black spot doesn't go with all the grass and trees. I remember when I was a kid I used to think I could see atoms because everything I looked at seemed to be made up of tiny moving particles. No idea what that was, but glad my vision is not quite as good as it used to be. lol

Like @SusanLR , mine seems to be the sensory perceptions. I could smell wires burning in a truck long before my (now X) husband could, which he would not believe me until he finally could smell them himself. I'm also always being asked "How did you see that?" Or "Why is it you're the one who keeps spotting things off in the distance when you're the one driving?" lol I see it because it's a change in pattern, I guess. That moving black spot doesn't go with all the grass and trees. I remember when I was a kid I used to think I could see atoms because everything I looked at seemed to be made up of tiny moving particles. No idea what that was, but glad my vision is not quite as good as it used to be. lol
I had very accute vision, too... as did my grandfather.

can you describe it?
Things like being able to read notices at a great distance that other people couldn't read, or be able to see very fine detail, like watching specs of dust swirl around in the air, and picking out things that other people didn't notice, like mushrooms at a distance, anything unusual immediately catches my eye. Nowadays my vision has deterioted, I can no longer see well close up. By tiny moving particles, do you mean grainy?

I can transfer my conciousness inside and back out again of a plastic egg, without anyone knowing.

61H8K92fBDL._SY355_.jpg

Extreme memory. That is the big one.

I also have heightened perception which goes along with Sensory Processing Disorder.

Things like being able to read notices at a great distance that other people couldn't read, or be able to see very fine detail, like watching specs of dust swirl around in the air, and picking out things that other people didn't notice, like mushrooms at a distance, anything unusual immediately catches my eye. Nowadays my vision has deterioted, I can no longer see well close up. By tiny moving particles, do you mean grainy?
I could see the dust and things from a further distance and I could spot a McDonalds a mile off. lol But, yes, objects that I would look at was more grainy and the grains were all moving with speed. It's been so long I had forgotten until recently.

New Threads

Top Bottom