• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your alter ego like?

Wolfsage

In training to be Wolf King.
My first one is a heroic thrill seeking Jedi werewolf. Second evil genius prankster. Third Batman. "I am vengeance! I am the night! I am Batman!"

"An alter ego (Latin for 'other I' means an alternative self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or true original personality. Finding one's alter ego will require finding one's other self, one with a different personality. The altered states of the ego may themselves be referred to as alterations.

A distinct meaning of alter ego is found in the literary analysis used when referring to fictional literature and other narrative forms, describing a key character in a story who is perceived to be intentionally representative of the work's author (or creator), by oblique similarities, in terms of psychology, behavior, speech, or thoughts, often used to convey the author's thoughts.

The term is also sometimes, but less frequently, used to designate a hypothetical "twin" or "best friend" to a character in a story. Similarly, the term alter ego may be applied to the role or persona taken on by an actor or by other types of performers."

Alter ego - Wikipedia

Definition of alter ego
1 : a second self or different version of oneself: such as
a : a trusted friend
b : the opposite side of a personality Clark Kent and his alter ego Superman
c : counterpart sense 3 a fictional character that is the author's alter ego

Definition of ALTER EGO

I don't believe I have an alter ego. My personality is pretty consistent.

Every personality has facets. If other people are surprised to see them that's usually either because they don't know you well or you've been forced to keep some facets under wraps. Like an introvert who loves performing on a stage, once you understand the person you can see they both fit together harmoniously in the same whole.

1 : a second self or different version of oneself: such as
A Tibetan monk in meditation and making colourful sand mandalas.

OIP.jpg

It's a Smurf with green hair, laughing and saying totally incredibly stupid things and not even caring. But l banned it to the dungeon in my brain.

Alter ego would suggest that there is a schism, a split in the personality...I do not see anything other than different facets of me.

Well, there are plenty of ways I’d like to see myself, plenty of things I’d like to be. I suppose the main characters in the stories I write might count, which would be seven I’m currently working with, where I sort of mentally become them, temporarily.

But in all seriousness and honesty, I have two “selfs.” One is kind, empathetic, always puts others first, loves animals and nature, craves acceptance, can be goofy depending on the mood/energy level.

Then there’s the side of me that loves all things strange and sinister (the stranger, the better), is numb to human suffering, craves isolation, seeks out its own pain and suffering, and is without a doubt truly insane. This side can be very, very dangerous and scary if left unchecked, but all too often it wins out, and I partially want to let it.

That doesn’t really adequately describe especially the second part, but it’s as much as I can really put into words right now.

Last edited:
Well, there are plenty of ways I’d like to see myself, plenty of things I’d like to be. I suppose the main characters in the stories I write might count, which would be seven I’m currently working with, where I sort of mentally become them, temporarily.

But in all seriousness and honesty, I have two “selfs.” One is kind, empathetic, always puts others first, loves animals and nature, craves acceptance, can be goofy depending on the mood/energy level.

Then there’s the side of me that loves all things strange and sinister (the stranger, the better), is numb to human suffering, craves isolation, seeks out its own pain and suffering, and is without a doubt truly insane. This side can be very, very dangerous and scary if left unchecked, but all too often it wins out, and I partially want to let it.

That doesn’t really adequately describe especially the second part, but it’s as much as I can really put into words right now.

Actually I understand that second part all to well. Mine is equally dangerous. But, I do not let him have free range over me. He's fearless, cunning, deadly, and secretive.
He only comes out on two occasions.
If someone intentionally says I lied when I didn't.
If someone is intentionally cruel to an innocent person or creature.
The wolf comes out then wearing a human skin.

Last edited:
Someone once said, "There are the sheep, the wolves, and the sheepdog." I am the sheepdog,...but,...when it comes to protective instincts,...and that moment when things go "black",...it is an out-of-body experience. I could make Satan himself seem like a friendly little Girl Scout. There is a scene from the movie Unforgiven when Clint Eastwood's character finds out his best friend was killed,...and he just snaps. One of the great Clint Eastwood films,...I at that moment in the movie, I could totally identify with the character.

New Threads

Top Bottom