• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is up with the amount of ads on this site?

At home I use an ad blocker, but I'm out and about today trying to use this forum from my phone. The site is all but unusable due to the amount of ads popping up.

Is this really the busy web hosting we can afford?

I literally almost gave up finishing this post and I had to type most of the message blind due to the ads covering up what I am typing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220712-102947_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220712-102947_Chrome.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 104
I wonder that people know how to access the internet and to find this forum, but don´t know what an adblocker is or how to install it. I will probably never understand that. (not mean meant)

ads are there so the website can exist, because everything costs money. and solutions are to use an adblocker or to pay a vip upgrade for 10 dollar, which supports the forum.

we have this question perceived every day.

and I would rather open websites on pc or laptops and not or less on smartphones, but this only my own opinion.

I understand why ads exist. When the ads become so intrusive that it makes the site next to impossible to use, what's the point?

Attachments

• 2172009173627.jpg
    2172009173627.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 93
10 dollars and the ads are gone. That's like 2-3 cups of coffee. And it goes to a good cause I think. Keeping the site running.

You can have an adblocker on your phone browser through a browser extension. I use Brave, which comes with an adblocker, and haven't seen the ads on here. I would recommend to the site owner, though, to make the ads much less intrusive. Ads should not make it so that one cannot post or click anything without something getting in the way, and while I can't speak for anyone else, I personally hate misclicks.

Hi @Satal,

I understand the necessity of ads, but why are they so intrusive? I know there is a $10 VIP membership for Autism Forums, but I don't have a PayPal account. You can see that many of us on this thread have the same issue. Why are there so many intrusive ads on this site?

Kindly please see the screenshots.

The first screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on normal (100%) zoom.

The second screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on 150% zoom.

The third screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on 175% zoom.

The fourth screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on 200% zoom.

The fifth screenshot shows that when I was writing this post, I was forced to write some of it without being able to see the content.

The sixth screenshot shows that even the logout button is covered by the ads.

Kindly please make the ads less intrusive.

Regards,

SRSAutistic

Attachments

• Screenshot (1470).png
    Screenshot (1470).png
    443.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot (1471).png
    Screenshot (1471).png
    386.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot (1472).png
    Screenshot (1472).png
    465.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot (1473).png
    Screenshot (1473).png
    664.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot (1474).png
    Screenshot (1474).png
    208.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot (1475).png
    Screenshot (1475).png
    402.9 KB · Views: 95
Hi @Satal,

I understand the necessity of ads, but why are they so intrusive? I know there is a $10 VIP membership for Autism Forums, but I don't have a PayPal account. You can see that many of us on this thread have the same issue. Why are there so many intrusive ads on this site?

Kindly please see the screenshots.

The first screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on normal (100%) zoom.

The second screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on 150% zoom.

The third screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on 175% zoom.

The fourth screenshot shows how the forum is displayed on 200% zoom.

The fifth screenshot shows that when I was writing this post, I was forced to write some of it without being able to see the content.

The sixth screenshot shows that even the logout button is covered by the ads.

Kindly please make the ads less intrusive.

Regards,

SRSAutistic

I'm sure it will be taken care of. Right now Satals hair is probably turning grey because of all the details and stuff to deal with. I think we should give him some time. I had to upgrade a site years ago, it was hell. I think it made me four years older in one month.

The new format puts a giant ad at the top of the keyboard making it hard to type messages on mobile. I don't mind the ads but can anything be done about it?

Just as an update for people, I have a ticket open with the ad network about this.

I wonder that people know how to access the internet and to find this forum, but don´t know what an adblocker is or how to install it. I will probably never understand that. (not mean meant)

ads are there so the website can exist, because everything costs money. and solutions are to use an adblocker or to pay a vip upgrade for 10 dollar, which supports the forum.

we have this question perceived every day.

and I would rather open websites on pc or laptops and not or less on smartphones, but this only my own opinion.
there are adblocker apps, to download ,from all os (operating system)app stores (app store,google play store (android), Top free apps - Microsoft Store (windows),apps(Amazon devices),app store written underneath ,Apps store (Apple)
Look for one with NO ads, a lot !have ads or in app purchases, still just ads ,at last :eek: youtube has woken up to the idea that users will pay for no ads
ALSO READ the reviews apps aren't necessarily as good as they say!

Last edited:
So the ad network has had a look, they couldn't replicate the issue but they've made some changes to hopefully prevent it. Let me know if you're still having problems that are causing issues with being able to use the site e.g. ads are covering the entire screen or your keyboard. However, please remember that this site is supported by ads, we will not be getting rid of ads unless they are actually causing problems with using the site.

If you do have any that are causing problems then, please provide the following, so the ad network and I can try to replicate it:
* The URL of the page that you had the issue on
* A screenshot of the problem
* The name and version of the browser you're using (e.g. Google Chrome Version 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit))
* What Operating System you're using (e.g. Windows 10, Linux Mint, macOS Mojave)
* Whether you're using a desktop or mobile device. If you're using a mobile device then the make and model (e.g. iPhone 12)

I don't remember seeing ads a while back? The ads are huge and really annoying, is there a way to get rid of them, or just make them smaller?

I think the VIP thing will do it, maybe?

Or adblockers. Honestly I dont know how anyone even uses the internet without them. Granted if you're on a phone, that's a bit tougher...

I'm going to be here more now, being so I've been driven off another forum for being treated differently to others. I'm hoping I'll fit in more here.
Anyway the only thing I don't like about this site is the ads. I use the internet on my mobile phone and it isn't as easy to block the ads for free on a mobile device, but I can't afford to pay. Does this site need to bombard us with ads or is there a way to stop them on a mobile device?

I probably wouldn’t use this site if it weren’t for the VIP upgrade. Best therapy money ever spent. Check under the cushions and make it happen.

Yeah honestly, I'm sorry y'all. The number of ads on this site is ridonk.

Straight up just had to install an adblocker on my tablet to make using it on mobile usable. Cause otherwise I'm getting ads doing stuff like blocking content, blocking where you type replies, or just popping up and making me accidentally click them instead of what I meant to click.

Like I understand, y'all gotta have ads to help support the site, I get that but like the way it is now is just ridiculous.

Yeah honestly, I'm sorry y'all. The number of ads on this site is ridonk.

Straight up just had to install an adblocker on my tablet to make using it on mobile usable. Cause otherwise I'm getting ads doing stuff like blocking content, blocking where you type replies, or just popping up and making me accidentally click them instead of what I meant to click.

Like I understand, y'all gotta have ads to help support the site, I get that but like the way it is now is just ridiculous.
Most of us don’t see them because of ad blockers or VIP membership. But, technically they help all of us.

I paid for VIP . Think was only $5 or $10 only have to pay once. Haven’t seen an ad since

New Threads

Top Bottom