• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the worst thing anybody has ever done to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftfipps

I want to show how malevolent and evil humanity can be toward innocent Aspies. I have several examples from my own life. Keep in mind these are mostly freaks from Craigslist. Please post your own nightmare experiences.

1. When I first left home I was young and broke and had to rent cheap rooms off of craigslist. The first room I rented was in a crappy double wide trailer in the middle of nowhere. I rented it because It was all that I could afford. The landlord was a freak and he later nonchalantly told me he was a sex offender. I looked it up and confirmed it. One night I realized, to my horror that there was a small hole in my door where you could see in my room! It was very disturbing. One time he was mad because a stray dog was digging up his yard. He brought the dog inside the house and what happened next was unbelievable. The dog growled at him when he tried to lure it into the bathroom until animal control got there. The guy got mad and grabbed a 15 pound cast iron frying pan and full force smacked the dog in the mouth with it. It knocked out three of the dogs teeth. The guy stole a 700 dollar piece of musical equipment from me. I didn't know at the time.

I was able to move out of there after about 5 months. It was a nightmare.

2. I was sent to a sober living facility one time. I had to pay 700/month to live in a cramped 4 room apartment with 5 other men. It was hell on earth. The rooms were run like jail cells, you had a celly, the other guy would dictate how you would conduct yourself in that room. My roommate decided he had a problem with the way my feet smelled and he said that I smelled. The management of the center said that If I didn't practice better hygene they would kick me out. They said It was up to my celly if I got kicked out or not...Unbelievable. One day they made a fuss that I didn't put sheets on the bed or some crap and It smelled bad. One day, while I was at work. They all wiped their unwashed buttholes on my bed so it would smell like funk and I would get kicked out....I'll leave you with that one. I knew, but I didn't actually believe it at first. I left that center shortly after that incident.

3. This is the most disturbing one. A few years back, I posted a wanted ad on craigslist looking for musicians to start a band. I got a call from a young, effeminate sounding male claiming to be a 30 year old gay mixed race man living at home with his mother. It was the things he said that were ominous. He would ask me what kind of car I drove, then he would say there was a drumset with a BROKEN HI-HAT at his house. He said his favorite brand of music was POP PUNK. It was just a freak trying to pick on somebody with autism. He muttered under his breath things like he was going to beat me up for saying certain things. This dude knew me somehow. There is no doubt in my mind. This was no coincidence. I know who the guy is...Like, I know exactly who it is AND where he works...but there is nothing I can do about it now. He is fat and old and bald and zero testosterone. His wife left him for a younger guy. He would call over and over and over and over until I answered the phone. Fast-forward a couple years, I posted another musicians wanted ad over this last summer. Unfortunately, I posted some similar info concerning what type of band I was looking for; etc. Not TWO minutes later...my phone rings and It is that yoyo calling me from the same landline in South Carolina. I didn't pick it up. He sent text messages pretending to be a young college guy wanting to start a band! The world can be a scary place. Always be careful when you meet people online.

This is all 100% true. Post your similar experiences with weirdos.

In May 2016, I was attacked outside the Charity shop where I worked in Sheffield City Centre by some idiot in a Hoodie.

And it took the useless social services 2 weeks to report it to the local Police, so by the time they checked the local CCTV., the footage was out of date, they could see an incident had occurred, but not what or who it was so they couldn't arrest anybody.

I'd rather not go into the details and not sure how to explain it without revealing details...
So will just say it was an unfathomable betrayl, stuff people never heard of and would never think is possible.
It falls somewhere between "you just can't make this ish up" and completely unbelievable.

I'd rather not go into the details and not sure how to explain it without revealing details...
So will just say it was an unfathomable betrayl, stuff people never heard of and would never think is possible.
It falls somewhere between "you just can't make this ish up" and completely unbelievable.
PM me the story.

I was beaten up twice heading home from school. You know how wolves hunt in packs? It went something like that, was outnumbered by at least a dozen to one. Fortunately, that nonsense ceased once I got a bit of help on the side and started taking different routes home.

Let's see...was robbed of pocket change by a grown adult, had little punks threatening to kill me, had several bikes that were stolen or mysteriously vanished...nothing else I can think of right now. I guess what doesn't break you only makes you wiser, stronger, more vigilant...and there's no doubt that others have been through much worse here. Orders of magnitude worse if the stories told here are true.

I'd like to say keep your head up, keep on moving forward and try to hold on to a bit of faith in humanity, but for some here that's easier said than done. Remember that it's not just those on the spectrum either, lots of people who have or are currently suffering from the worst that humanity can bring.

Last edited:
I just want the truth from people. I don't want the merry ol' land of oz version of life or the facebook filter view of life.

Yeah, I hear you on that. There's plenty of it here if you're willing to look around a bit. It's not always rainbows and unicorns, but that's the truth for you.

Last edited:
This is BS. Stuff happens to everyone, not just ASD folks. Take your horror stories to Private Message if you must.

Most people do not have stuff like I mentioned happen to them. We are seen as an easy target even though we really aren't.

Stuff does happen to everyone, no matter if they're ASD or not... I didn't know I was on the spectrum until recently, so I'm not sure this really relates as a situation due to autism... but I guess as an 18 year old I was naive and too trusting because of it... I was able to be manipulated easily. The guy was 6 years older than me and came all the way from the US to visit after we'd talked for a couple of years online. There is no way he wouldn't have seen that I had social anxiety problems and was withdrawn... Yet somehow, even though I had a boyfriend at the time and repeatedly said 'No' to his proposal, he got what he wanted in the end.

Most people do not have stuff like I mentioned happen to them. We are seen as an easy target even though we really aren't.

Every NT I have gotten to know well has had similar horror stories of one sort or another.

But if you really must know... I was once beaten to death by a gang of third grade girls with batons because I didn't know all the words to the Duck Tails theme song.

Stuff does happen to everyone, no matter if they're ASD or not... I didn't know I was on the spectrum until recently, so I'm not sure this really relates as a situation due to autism... but I guess as an 18 year old I was naive and too trusting because of it... I was able to be manipulated easily. The guy was 6 years older than me and came all the way from the US to visit after we'd talked for a couple of years online. There is no way he wouldn't have seen that I had social anxiety problems and was withdrawn... Yet somehow, even though I had a boyfriend at the time and repeatedly said 'No' to his proposal, he got what he wanted in the end.

I don't mean to belittle what happened to you. It certainly sucks to be targeted for autism, sex, the color of our skin, our beliefs, etc.
Are you a ghost? :)

Yes, of course. Well maybe. But those twirlers batons are wicked things.

i had an electronic hand held game my grandmother gave me for christmas.my old neighbor's son thought it was his & he thought i stole it.

Last edited:
Every NT I have gotten to know well has had similar horror stories of one sort or another.

But if you really must know... I was once beaten to death by a gang of third grade girls with batons because I didn't know all the words to the Duck Tails theme song.
Beaten to death by third grade girls?...You had it coming, Tom! I got bludgeoned to death by a crowd of jewish grandmothers because they objected to my aversion to herring.

Last edited:
I question threads that only want to hear the bad. Perhaps I am being paranoid, but suspect hidden or perhaps even salacious motives. It reminds me of why I left the Wrong Planet forum. It would be better to have some purpose, such as how to avoid be targeted or taken advantage of.

A lot of guys try to solicit me or to take advantage. Is this more common than would be if I didn't have ASD? That's impossible to say, but it did happen twice in one day immediately after I was hurt in a serious car accident - same day. Do predatory individuals seek out perceived weakness? Yes they certainly do.
Yeah, yea I can understand how that can happen several times a day to a comely lass such as yourself. btw I'm not being a chauvinist, I was just being facetious.

Last edited:
I question threads that only want to hear the bad. Perhaps I am being paranoid, but suspect hidden or perhaps even salacious motives. It reminds me of why I left the Wrong Planet forum. It would be better to have some purpose, such as how to avoid be targeted or taken advantage of.
No, I hear you. I did it because I wanted people to not feel alone when they have unfortunate experiences. That was my aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom